In case you missed it....APWA press

Cole

I understand both sides as I have seen poor representation too, and it's going to get heated because people are really fed up with our ba. We need to make it where we directly elect ba's rather than appointed. It's nothing new here, but the positive thing is it has made us pretty untied as a group, since we know we have to fight both sides sadly.

mittam

I understand both sides as I have seen poor representation too, and it's going to get heated because people are really fed up with our ba. We need to make it where we directly elect ba's rather than appointed. It's nothing new here, but the positive thing is it has made us pretty untied as a group, since we know we have to fight both sides sadly.

yeah we have slates that run instead of individauls it hurts here because the other companies dominate, plus we have never had an election here that wasn't contested saying someone had keys to ballot box or people who shouldn't vote did and other garbage, this is some of the stuff that just has me turned off to the teamsters.

705red

Browncafe Steward
And just who do you think you are to warn me about anything!!!!!!!!
Mittam i warned you and you continued to bash both myself and others that dont see the world as twisted as your little fu#$ed up mind does.

If we had it coming we could live with it, but all you can say is duh as a response. You actually hurt the apwa will your idiotic posts praising them, so go ahead keep being an :censored2: on here and crying to the moderators when you get cornered in the chat room and cant debate the issues like a man!!!!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Mittam your an assh^$e, you bring nothing to the discussion that makes any sense. Your better off not commenting on issues that you have no common sense on. Now its on! I warned you about giving out bull**** negative reps to people for no reason.
Mittam i warned you and you continued to bash both myself and others that dont see the world as twisted as your little fu#$ed up mind does.

If we had it coming we could live with it, but all you can say is duh as a response. You actually hurt the apwa will your idiotic posts praising them, so go ahead keep being an :censored2: on here and crying to the moderators when you get cornered in the chat room and cant debate the issues like a man!!!!
I try to be patient with the heated discussions in these union topics but I've reached my limit. This kind of mudslinging is a waste of time and an insult to anyone that came to this thread hoping to read about the topic.

705red, cut out the profanity and attacks immediately. Your opinions are welcome here, your boorish behavior is not.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I try to be patient with the heated discussions in these union topics but I've reached my limit. This kind of mudslinging is a waste of time and an insult to anyone that came to this thread hoping to read about the topic.

705red, cut out the profanity and attacks immediately. Your opinions are welcome here, your boorish behavior is not.
What attacks cheryl? Where did i spell out a profanity? You allow Mittam to say what he wants and expect me to sit back. Where were you when that supervisor called all teamster daughters strippers? Its okay for management and apwa to say what the want but god help a teamster for speaking his mind and standing up!!!!!!!!!!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
What attacks cheryl? Where did i spell out a profanity? You allow Mittam to say what he wants and expect me to sit back. Where were you when that supervisor called all teamster daughters strippers? Its okay for management and apwa to say what the want but god help a teamster for speaking his mind and standing up!!!!!!!!!!
As I told you in our previous conversation via private message, I do not read most of the posts here. Your posts were reported as offensive, so I read them.

I admin other web sites too and can't possibly spend hours a day here policing all the posts for profanity. If you come across any posts that are offensive then take some responsibility as a member of our community and report them. It's likely that I won't read either your posts or the posts that you believe to be offensive if no one reports them...

If you don't bring other people's offensive posts to my attention then it's pretty silly to publicly whine about being treated unfairly when someone reports you...

705red

Browncafe Steward
Cheryl i did report that post to you and you pmed me about it. Nothing was done about it, im just asking that we are all on the same page and punish equally for wrongful posts. I did get carried away a liitle and i admit that, but alot of posts on here do contain profanities and im the only one being punished. Thats why i stated about that dirt bag sup who slandered our daughters with that comment, somehow that is acceptable but myself having words with another isnt?

brazenbrown

Cheryl i did report that post to you and you pmed me about it. Nothing was done about it, im just asking that we are all on the same page and punish equally for wrongful posts. I did get carried away a liitle and i admit that, but alot of posts on here do contain profanities and im the only one being punished. Thats why i stated about that dirt bag sup who slandered our daughters with that comment, somehow that is acceptable but myself having words with another isnt?

Is anyone else sick of all the whining or is it just me?:mad:

This isn't teamsternet.

Give Cheryl a break, Im sure she has plenty of other things besides babysit the likes of you all the time.

Grow up!!:cool:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Hmmm, I looked back through all of the posts that have been reported this year and only 1 was reported by you. As a result of your report the thread which contained the post was closed. Nothing in that thread mentioned anything about daughters...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
705red is refering to a guest post that I let on. The poster didn't like Teamsters and made some stupid joke at the end about a Teamster daughter wanting to grow up to be a stripper. That poster never said they were a UPS supervisor, I don't know why 705red keeps bringing that up. That post was disgusting to me, but I allowed it to show that there are people out there with that opinion, and I was a target of it as well. By the way, I happen to have a first cousin who's daughter is an "exotic dancer". I have less respect for her husband than her choice of work. He used to drive a truck, but now pimps his wife out. So there you go.

W

westsideworma

how many threads is this kind of crap going to go on in.

You guys are arguing over something that isn't even a big deal yet, if the APWA gets certified or whatever then you can reopen this whinefest.

You're grown men fighting and threatening each other over the internet.

nospinzone

APWA press--- Transport Topics Online

Union Fund Exit Would Cost UPS Up to $4 Billion
Transport Topics Online
By Daniel P. Bearth, Staff Writer
This story appears in the May 28 print edition of Transport Topics.

UPS Inc., which is negotiating to leave the underfunded Teamsters Central States Pension Fund, would have to pay about $3.6 billion to $4 billion to cover its share of the fund’s obligations, according to industry sources.

Teamsters officials said the parcel giant has offered to create a new, jointly administered, company-funded pension plan for full-time employees to replace the existing plan. The company would pay an unspecified lump sum to withdraw from Central States, but would continue to contribute to other Teamsters pension and health and welfare funds (5-14, p. 1).

Van Skillman, president of the Association of Parcel Workers of America — an association of UPS employees that seeks to replace the Teamsters as bargaining agent there — said UPS would pay $4 billion to Central States, the largest of more than two dozen multi-employer pension and health and welfare plans that provide benefits to employees at unionized trucking companies..........

705red

Browncafe Steward
Re: APWA press--- Transport Topics Online

Union Fund Exit Would Cost UPS Up to $4 Billion
Transport Topics Online
By Daniel P. Bearth, Staff Writer
This story appears in the May 28 print edition of Transport Topics.

UPS Inc., which is negotiating to leave the underfunded Teamsters Central States Pension Fund, would have to pay about $3.6 billion to $4 billion to cover its share of the fund’s obligations, according to industry sources.

Teamsters officials said the parcel giant has offered to create a new, jointly administered, company-funded pension plan for full-time employees to replace the existing plan. The company would pay an unspecified lump sum to withdraw from Central States, but would continue to contribute to other Teamsters pension and health and welfare funds (5-14, p. 1).

Van Skillman, president of the Association of Parcel Workers of America — an association of UPS employees that seeks to replace the Teamsters as bargaining agent there — said UPS would pay $4 billion to Central States, the largest of more than two dozen multi-employer pension and health and welfare plans that provide benefits to employees at unionized trucking companies..........
Van skillmans the president of the apwa? When did the vote happen? Didnt you say every officail would be elected? Or is van just lieing to the media now to?

nospinzone

Rival union aims to replace Teamsters at UPS

By Bill Wolfe
The Courier-Journal

A new labor group trying to replace the Teamsters representing UPS drivers and package handlers was in Louisville today petitioning workers at the Worldport sorting hub.

Claiming part-time workers were being paid low wages under Teamsters contracts and that retirement benefits for full-time workers had been slashed because of union mismanagement, representatives of the Association of Parcel Workers of America visited the main gate of the air-package hub seeking authorization for a nationwide union-selection vote.

“The Teamsters have turned the UPS people into their personal ATM machine, and they are milking us dry,” said Danny Eason of Raleigh, N.C., senior vice president of the association.

Teamsters officials claim the APWA lacks the knowledge and experience needed to run a large labor organization.

The association hopes to get 80,000 signatures — representing about 30 percent of the eligible UPS workers nationwide — which would prompt an election to choose between the labor organizations.......

705red

Browncafe Steward
Re: Rival union aims to replace Teamsters at UPS

By Bill Wolfe
The Courier-Journal

A new labor group trying to replace the Teamsters representing UPS drivers and package handlers was in Louisville today petitioning workers at the Worldport sorting hub.

Claiming part-time workers were being paid low wages under Teamsters contracts and that retirement benefits for full-time workers had been slashed because of union mismanagement, representatives of the Association of Parcel Workers of America visited the main gate of the air-package hub seeking authorization for a nationwide union-selection vote.

“The Teamsters have turned the UPS people into their personal ATM machine, and they are milking us dry,” said Danny Eason of Raleigh, N.C., senior vice president of the association.

Teamsters officials claim the APWA lacks the knowledge and experience needed to run a large labor organization.

The association hopes to get 80,000 signatures — representing about 30 percent of the eligible UPS workers nationwide — which would prompt an election to choose between the labor organizations.......

Now little danny eason is the SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT of the apwa? Nospin when did this vote take place to elect van and danny to those high profile positions? Or did ups appoint them! I know you wont answer.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Re: Rival union aims to replace Teamsters at UPS

Now little danny eason is the SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT of the apwa? Nospin when did this vote take place to elect van and danny to those high profile positions? Or did ups appoint them! I know you wont answer.
When the vote takes place for them to take over :-) There will be a vote wether to keep them or not in the position of President and Vice President. Whats that of your concern right now ? Like the teamsters say they are not concerned and why should you of the APWA ? Seems like your really concerned about nothing eh 705red ? :ohmy: