In case you missed it....APWA press

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Re: An answer to your attempt at diversion

Hey Rocky why the interest in calculating ? Hey how long will it take for Central States to dry up if someone doesn`t fix it ? Well your operative word is "I think i`m comfused" thats a Rocky Quote. Goin to miss ya when ya head back to the books- You proved you have to much free time here for sure !:tongue_sm

:::::Sighs:::::. Goose, Goose, GOOSE! I'm not an idiot. I have some business acumen and interest, which is why I'm asking for numbers. I'm not interested in talking to you about the pension mess. I've made my opinion on that subject crystal-clear in the past. Do you want it again? And what books?? How do you know where I am with my studies? For all you know I could be done with school, graduated and just biding my time for a full-time job. Watch your assumptions because they're digging you a hole. Isn't the saying that when you've dug yourself a hole that you should stop:w00t:? -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
Re: Rival union aims to replace Teamsters at UPS

Your sounding more like a BA everyday Red ?
Ours keep steping on their privates too ! Your words can make or break a persons decision on the APWA and i thank you for that. Keep up the kind words !:tongue_sm
Goose that is the easiest of questions to answer! You do have a plan in place when you take down the teamsters? Right? How will this election be done? By mail? Or will we have to go to the apwa union halls in EVERY state to cast our ballots? Where will the money come from to lease or purchase these new union facilities? If this sounds like your ba, then you have a pretty good agent, it shows he covers all the bases!

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE

Goose that is the easiest of questions to answer! You do have a plan in place when you take down the teamsters? Right? How will this election be done? By mail? Or will we have to go to the apwa union halls in EVERY state to cast our ballots? Where will the money come from to lease or purchase these new union facilities? If this sounds like your ba, then you have a pretty good agent, it shows he covers all the bases!
Voting will take place in front of every UPS throughout the country and as for union halls the teamsters won`t need them ! :-) Van and Danny have that taken care of wether it be in a building outside or on the inside of ups. I bet the operating cost will be a lot less ! They project the dues to be 1/2 of what they are now in 6 months of taking over. If they can operate on 1/2 of the teamsters budget people can see that ! IPA broke away from teamsters and seem to be still flying :laugh: even higher financialily now. I wish i knew there details -use to deliver to a pilot but i`m in feeders now. Don`t see em and couldn`t find the info on the net. Ps Rocky didn`t you post you were going back to school and would be leaving ups ? Too far by mule ! :laugh:

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE

Our BA has two jobs incase one doesn`t pan out :laugh: Hialeah city council - needed to get his hands in someone elses pockets :w00t:

705red

Browncafe Steward

Voting will take place in front of every UPS throughout the country and as for union halls the teamsters won`t need them ! :-) Van and Danny have that taken care of wether it be in a building outside or on the inside of ups. I bet the operating cost will be a lot less ! They project the dues to be 1/2 of what they are now in 6 months of taking over. If they can operate on 1/2 of the teamsters budget people can see that ! IPA broke away from teamsters and seem to be still flying :laugh: even higher financialily now. I wish i knew there details -use to deliver to a pilot but i`m in feeders now. Don`t see em and couldn`t find the info on the net. Ps Rocky didn`t you post you were going back to school and would be leaving ups ? Too far by mule ! :laugh:
Goose so you admit ups will allow you to have offices inside of all ups buildings? Ups will allow you to hold elections for apwa offices on their property also? Wow and how can we ever think ups isnt behind this? goose, goose, goose thanks for clearing that up for us!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Ps Rocky didn`t you post you were going back to school and would be leaving ups ? Too far by mule ! :laugh:

You're not terribly bright are you, Goose? I've stated I'm working my way through grad school at UPS. I never stated I'd leave UPS for school in and of itself, as in transferring to a school near a rural UPS center. No, never stated that. And what is this about mules? Its called horse-sense and it would appear a few posters have more of it than you! Mods, I apologize for the aggressive tone but Goose is asking for trouble. -Rocky

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE

You're not terribly bright are you, Goose? I've stated I'm working my way through grad school at UPS. I never stated I'd leave UPS for school in and of itself, as in transferring to a school near a rural UPS center. No, never stated that. And what is this about mules? Its called horse-sense and it would appear a few posters have more of it than you! Mods, I apologize for the aggressive tone but Goose is asking for trouble. -Rocky
Doing the best with the tools i gots so whats your excuse Perry Mason :wink:

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE

Goose so you admit ups will allow you to have offices inside of all ups buildings? Ups will allow you to hold elections for apwa offices on their property also? Wow and how can we ever think ups isnt behind this? goose, goose, goose thanks for clearing that up for us!

Van and Danny have that taken care of wether it be in a building outside or on the inside of ups. I bet the operating cost will be a lot less ! Red how did you get that ups is behind this ? You been getting your crystal ball out again or calling your physic :tongue_smYour just looking for ammo but your coming up with "Nada" ! But continue to twist as you may because the card signing is growing day by day. :thumbup1: Bottom line people are looking for a change and its just not in the south ! Taking bets on whats next to be cut or when? Benifits or other local pensions ?

Van and Danny have that taken care of wether it be in a building outside or on the inside of ups. I bet the operating cost will be a lot less ! Red how did you get that ups is behind this ? You been getting your crystal ball out again or calling your physic :tongue_smYour just looking for ammo but your coming up with "Nada" ! But continue to twist as you may because the card signing is growing day by day. :thumbup1: Bottom line people are looking for a change and its just not in the south ! Taking bets on whats next to be cut or when? Benifits or other local pensions ?

Actually 705red is correct that UPS is behind the APWA activity. The two individuals promoting APWA are both from a local union in a right to work state and have quit the Teamsters. They are not dues paying members to the union that they professs they want to change.

They should be asked if they have ever talked with UPS corporate legal about their plans to decertify the Teamsters.

The answer is yes they have and very shortly after their meeting with corporate legal the Washington, DC lawfirm pops up to represent them in their decertification efforts. Lawyers travel with them on weekends; attend their meetings and process the legal paperwork to get them DOL status. How can they afford this Washington, DC lawfirm and all of the hours billed for lawyers to travel with them on UPS pay? They are not opening their books to show voluntary contributions coming from UPS'ers. Simply put they are taking employer contributions to fund their actions. It should also be noted that UPS had used the same lawfirm in the past to represent them on legal issues in DC. Coincidence that they pop up to represent APWA? The APWA guys should also be asked if they made the initial call to the DC lawfirm or if the DC lawfirm called them and volunteered.

Now it looks like UPS is very close to getting out of central states pension and that has been their goal for many years. It was the reason for the 97 strike. They have been hell bent on getting out for many years.

My prediction is that if the contract passes and UPS gets out of the central states pension fund they will dry up the money going to APWA and then APWA will just fade away and die on the vine. Without legal representation APWA is finished.

UPS played the Teamsters like a fiddle and the union negotiators were not up to the challenge.

Cole

How about some evidence to back your statements about UPS paying for the APWA's efforts, because if it's as cut and dry as you say, then show the evidence and it's game, set, and match. ;)

mittam

Actually 705red is correct that UPS is behind the APWA activity. The two individuals promoting APWA are both from a local union in a right to work state and have quit the Teamsters. They are not dues paying members to the union that they professs they want to change.

They should be asked if they have ever talked with UPS corporate legal about their plans to decertify the Teamsters.

The answer is yes they have and very shortly after their meeting with corporate legal the Washington, DC lawfirm pops up to represent them in their decertification efforts. Lawyers travel with them on weekends; attend their meetings and process the legal paperwork to get them DOL status. How can they afford this Washington, DC lawfirm and all of the hours billed for lawyers to travel with them on UPS pay? They are not opening their books to show voluntary contributions coming from UPS'ers. Simply put they are taking employer contributions to fund their actions. It should also be noted that UPS had used the same lawfirm in the past to represent them on legal issues in DC. Coincidence that they pop up to represent APWA? The APWA guys should also be asked if they made the initial call to the DC lawfirm or if the DC lawfirm called them and volunteered.

Now it looks like UPS is very close to getting out of central states pension and that has been their goal for many years. It was the reason for the 97 strike. They have been hell bent on getting out for many years.

My prediction is that if the contract passes and UPS gets out of the central states pension fund they will dry up the money going to APWA and then APWA will just fade away and die on the vine. Without legal representation APWA is finished.

UPS played the Teamsters like a fiddle and the union negotiators were not up to the challenge.

Show all your lies here barking dog. prove them to be true. I have been in 3 states with the APWA leaders, never once met any lawyers, they have not traveled anywhere with the APWAA. I was at the by-laws adoption meeting and there were no lawyers as you describe present. If UPS is behind the APWA then why were NLRB charges filed against UPS for one of their managers threatening hourly employees with termination if they arte involved with APWA? Not wanting an over blown arguement here just want you to show positive, concrete evidence of what I am calling lies until you can truly prove what you say

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Doing the best with the tools i gots so whats your excuse Perry Mason :wink:

Tools you got? Must not be much considering how often I get a challenge from you :w00t:. Perry Mason? lol. Never said I was pursuing a law degree. Where'd you get that idea, anyway? I can't imagine how you could draw that conclusion from my posts. Quite frankly, I'm at the opposite end of that spectrum, Goose. And I'm using the tools available to me--my brawn. At the moment, UPS is the best gig in town. Two weeks from now, maybe it won't be. UPS isn't a mental challenge and I want one. Physically, its keeping me hopping but I want a mental challenge. Next? -Rocky

Last edited:

705red

Browncafe Steward
need some proof barking dog

Out of Central States..as of right now... good
Alot of what barking dog said was proven here already, from tom coleman(ups attorneys), to van and danny not being teamsters, now im not sure if tommy hangs with them on the weekends. Goose even said the apwa officer elections will be held in ups buildings. The apwa will have offices in ups buidings also said by goose. If it walks like a goose, sounds like a goose, it is a goose, thanks goose!

sawdusttv

Alot of what barking dog said was proven here already, from tom coleman(ups attorneys), to van and danny not being teamsters, now im not sure if tommy hangs with them on the weekends. Goose even said the apwa officer elections will be held in ups buildings. The apwa will have offices in ups buidings also said by goose. If it walks like a goose, sounds like a goose, it is a goose, thanks goose!

Although I am not 100% sure that goose is wrong about offices in UPS buildings and elections held in UPs buildings, I tend to lean in that direction. I have never heard Van or Danny make any comments of this nature. As far as Van and Danny being non-teamsters. They both were members of the IBT for many years. Close to 30 a piece I beleive, and if the teamsters were doing there job down here, like you say they are doing in Chicago, Van and Danny would still be teamsters. But the representation or the lack there of, is the reason these two gentlemen created the APWA. So you see, the teamsters created the situation and have no one to blame but themselves.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Although I am not 100% sure that goose is wrong about offices in UPS buildings and elections held in UPs buildings, I tend to lean in that direction. I have never heard Van or Danny make any comments of this nature. As far as Van and Danny being non-teamsters. They both were members of the IBT for many years. Close to 30 a piece I beleive, and if the teamsters were doing there job down here, like you say they are doing in Chicago, Van and Danny would still be teamsters. But the representation or the lack there of, is the reason these two gentlemen created the APWA. So you see, the teamsters created the situation and have no one to blame but themselves.
Saw im actually enjoying talking to you lately, with that said van and danny have given up on the teamsters because they didnt like what was going on. Right? Do they think it gets easier running a union? There will be rough times, contracts, grievance panels, arbitrations, when they get upset will they run away from the problems like they have done in the past?

mittam

Saw im actually enjoying talking to you lately, with that said van and danny have given up on the teamsters because they didnt like what was going on. Right? Do they think it gets easier running a union? There will be rough times, contracts, grievance panels, arbitrations, when they get upset will they run away from the problems like they have done in the past?

Red, these 2 guys won't tuck and run. They have very deep convictions for what they are trying to accomplish. I have met with them several times and talked hours on the phone with both, they are great guys. I know from your stance with your local you don't agree with them but as people you couldn't ask for better 2 better men to hang out with. They do understand the upcoming hassles and all with contracts etc. but they will gladly face it to protect their people. I was reading the posts on another thread about your local and 710. We also here in Ohio don't have the type support you guys have up there. Sure in 97 people came and brought us drinks and snacks and such but they constantly said we needed to go back to work and quit crying. They hear about how much pay we get and think hourly wages is the only thing that matters. Maybe y'all in Chitown ought to teach the rest of the ibt how to be as strong!

But the representation or the lack there of, is the reason these two gentlemen created the APWA. So you see, the teamsters created the situation and have no one to blame but themselves.[/quote]
Couldn't agree with you more on the representation issue. The local union that they come from should be called to task on this and not be reqarded with IBT jobs. Cripiani and Mc Gaha are a joke and have been for years but they have the ear of people at the IBT. If they had been doing their jobs and representing their members APWA would not be here now. Mc Gaha getting cush IBT job at over $100,000 a year is a disgrace. I've seen him in action and that is only after hours at the bar drinking crown royal. What a joke.

With that said don't get me wrong - APWA is not the answer. Those guys may mean well but they don't have a clue. How could they say the union offices would be inside the buildings? Do they think that UPS is going to give them office space in the buildings? Do they think that the Teamster buildings will just automatically come with the vote? (That is what the airline flight attendants association thought when they took over at Northwest Airlines. They were wrong.) APWA is not the answer. Getting involved in your local union and holding the elected official accountable is the way to handle poor representation. Maybe they APWA guys should rejoin the IBT and then run in their next local union election to get some experience at running a local before they try and take on an international level.

Cole

How could they say the union offices would be inside the buildings?

I haven't heard a thing about that, and (1) UPS isn't going to give them office space, (2) I doubt they would want to be in close quarters to the company.