In case you missed it....APWA press

wily_old_vet

nospinzone said:
Union Battle Brewing by Business First Louisville

If you would've have checked that was covered on the home page of browncafe and there is a poll being taken on the question. Hope the rest of the APWA bandwagon is paying more attention

nospinzone

Mr. Wiley, you are most certainly correct regarding the other locations, and I voted in the poll myself prior to posting here. This post was a courtesy to those that might not pour over every link and board room, and thus might have missed the interesting stories.
Regards,
:cool:

mittam

nospinzone said:
Mr. Wiley, you are most certainly correct regarding the other locations, and I voted in the poll myself prior to posting here. This post was a courtesy to those that might not pour over every link and board room, and thus might have missed the interesting stories.
Regards,
:cool:
good job nospinzone

nospinzone

In case you missed it....APWA press-- Dayton, Oh

UPS drivers maneuvering to create a new union
By Thomas Gnau
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Dayton Daily News

DAYTON — — A group of United Parcel Service drivers are maneuvering to exit the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and create a new union.

Drivers like Rick Ford, who drives a semi to Chicago each night from West Carrollton, is an organizer for a union branding itself the Association of Parcel Workers of America.

For Ford, 48, the impetus to leave the Teamsters comes down to what he contends is a faulty pension system — the Central States Fund. If he retired tomorrow, Ford says he would receive nothing, though he has been an UPS driver for 29 years......

View the article in its entirety.

krash

Go big orange
Re: In case you missed it....APWA press-- Dayton, Oh

Was that the same news organization that reported the sighting of Big Foot??:lol:

705red

Browncafe Steward
good job nospinzone
Are you and nopsin an item? Is he your manager, because you kiss his :censored2: alot on here or is he the almighty van or danny? I suggest that you stop giving out bs negative rep points to us teamster brothers who disagree with you. You want to play dirty tactics, negative rep another teamster on here for bs and see where your points go!!!!!!!!!!!!

30andout

Are you and nopsin an item? Is he your manager, because you kiss his :censored2: alot on here or is he the almighty van or danny? I suggest that you stop giving out bs negative rep points to us teamster brothers who disagree with you. You want to play dirty tactics, negative rep another teamster on here for bs and see where your points go!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think so, some of us just get tired of hearing loudmouth teamster cheerleaders all the time. Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it!!!! When you people in the Chicago area get cut down to our level lets see how loud you cry.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I don't think so, some of us just get tired of hearing loudmouth teamster cheerleaders all the time. Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it!!!! When you people in the Chicago area get cut down to our level lets see how loud you cry.
30 we will never get cut down like you. We stand and fight for what we beleive all the time. Our voices get heard and when we got screwed we screwed back! Keep sitiing in your rocking chair on your front porch. You allowed your problems to happen and didnt have the ba**s to stand up until it was to late now you cry and make up lies like a 5 year old. Dont blame everything on the teamsters blame your self for not caring until it was to late!!!!

30andout

30 we will never get cut down like you. We stand and fight for what we beleive all the time. Our voices get heard and when we got screwed we screwed back! Keep sitiing in your rocking chair on your front porch. You allowed your problems to happen and didnt have the ba**s to stand up until it was to late now you cry and make up lies like a 5 year old. Dont blame everything on the teamsters blame your self for not caring until it was to late!!!!
Oh, now its our fault that CS is going under and we could have done something to prevent it????

30andout

Not the pension, my post was related to all your crying about representation not the pension, sorry for not clarifing it.
As for representation, I have filed grievances, gone to meetings to get answers, and written many letters. The teamsters still fail, and keep on taking my dues.

mittam

please stop red you're scaring me..............NOT!!!!!!!

Cole

If you're not getting your grievances heard, I suggest you send copies to the NLRB, as well as the Parcel division, etc...One of our guys sent one that hasn't been heard among many, and he got a quick response and the matter was resolved real quick. Don't misunderstand me, because the NLRB will defer most grievances that are covered in the contract, but it puts enough heat on your loccal to know you're serious.

705red

Browncafe Steward
please stop red you're scaring me..............NOT!!!!!!!
Mittam your an assh^$e, you bring nothing to the discussion that makes any sense. Your better off not commenting on issues that you have no common sense on. Now its on! I warned you about giving out bull**** negative reps to people for no reason.

mittam

Mittam your an assh^$e, you bring nothing to the discussion that makes any sense. Your better off not commenting on issues that you have no common sense on. Now its on! I warned you about giving out bull**** negative reps to people for no reason.

And just who do you think you are to warn me about anything!!!!!!!!

mittam

I can appreciate that Cole, If red wanted to discuss topics instead of act like a jr. high child I would debate the issues and that be all, however he is incapable of that. Sad thing is I agree with him on a lot of the representation stuff, and the standing up and making it happen, thing is I am standing up with the APWA to make a change not the ibt, according to him no one has the right to do anything he doesn't agree with. We are all supposed to be gung ho ibt, I am not! I believe the ibt's usefulness is over, it is time to move on. But according to red anyone who thinks this way is a scab. I have worked in union shops for 30 years and believe in union unity, just no longer with the current business agent. That doesn't make me a scab as he wants to say. I can and would be willing to stop if he is, but if he wants to keep on the keep on.