In theory...what would happen?

wornoutupser

What would happen if a bldg missed unloading 2 feeders...almost 6000 stops? I am told that it happened in my division Monday!

rod

Retired 22 years
Management has no trouble hiding a missed trailer or two this time of year. It happens all the time. But just let a driver miss one stinking package any other time of the year and------------------------------------------------Come on Butt Monkey---tell this kid about double standards.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Someone probably got fired or is at least being waterboarded. The problem this time of year is people forget about the extra trailers and don't forecast them in TFCS. We had that issue this morning.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Management has no trouble hiding a missed trailer or two this time of year. It happens all the time. But just let a driver miss one stinking package any other time of the year and------------------------------------------------Come on Butt Monkey---tell this kid about double standards.
The bigger issue is if someone "unloaded" that trailer in TFCS. If they did you have a bunch of packages with scans that look like they were sent out for delivery. Creates a lot of headaches.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Better to hide the trailer and act dumb?
No because when the feeder department comes for the empties and finds a full one you're going to get hit with a 2x4 rather than a belt. It's only happened once since I've been at UPS in my center. But I know the center manager was on the phone about 2 seconds after it happened.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Rod,
it's no use, he's already a
worn out UPSer

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Unless they unloaded it they can't be. They actually won't be coded as anything. We were told when this happens to not do anything.
I have a question about customer package tracking. Say I order a package and is being shipped from Texas to CA. But while in route....it was loaded in Texas into the wrong trailer and sent to say, a center in Alabama. Now it's unloaded at the Alabama center.....and scanned. Would that scan show up on the UPS tracking website as part of the package journey?? Thereby letting the soon to be irate customer that their package is in the wrong state, and will be arriving later than expected.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I have a question about customer package tracking. Say I order a package and is being shipped from Texas to CA. But while in route....it was loaded in Texas into the wrong trailer and sent to say, a center in Alabama. Now it's unloaded at the Alabama center.....and scanned. Would that scan show up on the UPS tracking website? Thereby letting the soon to be irate customer that their package is in the wrong state, and will be arriving later that expected.
I'm trying to remember, because it's been a while since I've actually tracked something like that on the customer site. I believe it just shows an arrival scan in say Alabama. When it gets reloaded it should update the scheduled delivery date. But again I'm not 100% sure. I know it will do this in ETT on our end, but the customer side I'm shaky on.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm trying to remember, because it's been a while since I've actually tracked something like that on the customer site. I believe it just shows an arrival scan in say Alabama. When it gets reloaded it should update the scheduled delivery date. But again I'm not 100% sure. I know it will do this in ETT on our end, but the customer side I'm shaky on.

I think a customer will see an exception scan and the delivery date pushed back. It happens a lot. If it gets missorted it can easily lose a week bouncing around the system.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I think a customer will see an exception scan and the delivery date pushed back. It happens a lot. If it gets missorted it can easily lose a week bouncing around the system.
Whenever I see a misrouted 2 or 3 day I try and upgrade it to next day to make up for the error. But I'm willing to bet this is frowned upon. We can't do it for ground though.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was weeding thru the NIB scanned packages this morning....and among the hundreds of ground packages....there were a dozen or so airs for other states. I'm thinking wow....I'd be pretty pissed if I paid for NDA shipping, and I go to track my package that's supposed to arrive today....only to discover it's sitting in a building across the country.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I was weeding they the NIB scanned packages this morning....and among the hundreds of ground packages....there were a dozen or so airs for other states. I'm thinking wow....I'd be pretty :censored2: if I paid for NDA shipping, and I go to track my package that's supposed to arrive today....only to discover it's sitting in a building across the country.
They'll get their money back that's for sure. We had a misrouted EAM a few weeks ago and we actually had someone shuttle it to the right building about 2 hours away.