In these hard times, Michelle Bachmann...

A large body of research suggests that children in foster care are among the most at risk for poor life outcomes in American society. Adults who were formerly in foster care are more likely than the general population to be homeless, unprepared for employment and limited to low-skill jobs, and dependent on welfare or Medicaid. They are also more likely to be convicted of crimes and incarcerated, to succumb to drug and alcohol abuse, or to have poor physical or mental health. Women who have been in foster care experience higher rates of early pregnancy and may be more likely to see their own children placed in foster care and only 1 in 4 hold a highschool diploma.[7]
What large body of research are you referencing?

Because you are defining "the life of a child" in a manner that fits your arguement rather than the medically sanctioned definition. How can your arguement be anything more than frothy emotional appeal when it ignores the scientific and historical context of the debate?
Frothy emotional appeal?
I am unaware of any scientific or historical context that defines when life begins.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Canada doesn't have foster care and all the children of Canada are rosy-cheeked and perfectly happy. They all have both parents because you can't die in Canada because the National health care is perfect. Rainbows cover the sky and beautiful flowers encircle every tree there.
We can only look northward in envy every day of our own miserable lives.

It was on CNN 2 days ago.
So, if unborn life is so important to you, shouldn't you be donating a lot more of your own money to help these kids succeed later in life ?

Nice dodge on supplying proof....CNN..yea boy the bastion of truth and honesty.

You have no idea what I do and this is not a place that I would care to thump my chest. At one time, in passing, I mentioned my participation in charitable giving and was berated for bragging. Sorry, that's a target I'll never draw again.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You know, if the foster system is so bad and doesn't work, we could leave all the orphan kids on the street to fend for themselves.

Just name all the problems and never offer positive solutions. Criticize everybody and praise yourself constantly. So, does Canada keep their orphans in separate cages or are siblings caged together?

This article doesn't say (as far as I can tell) how many children enter foster care right out of the womb. I looked for that info but didn't have much luck. I would guess that a largest portion of foster children are not newborns but older kids that have either separated from their parents for various reasons.
One thing I am pretty sure of, every great man or woman (and the great things they accomplished) was at one time an embryo.

Foster care as bad as it can be at times is a weak argument against abortion.

If abortions were readily, legally available in 1955.

“I was born in San Francisco, California, USA, planet Earth, February 24, 1955” Jobs told the Smithsonian in an interview. His birth mother was single and in the 50’s, young women who gave birth “out of wedlock” were shamed into giving their babies up for adoption. Paul and Clara Jobs adopted Steve soon after his birth and raised him in California’s “silicon valley”.
Steve Jobs grew up a free spirit with a love of mischief. He challenged and defied his teachers, caused trouble and was suspended many times and finally expelled. He was also very smart, skipped a couple of grades and developed an intense curiosity about electronics.
Teamed up with his high school friend the electronic genius Steve Wozniak, Jobs began selling the computers they assembled in his garage, eventually revolutionizing the computer industry and making Jobs a multimillionaire before he was 30.
LIST of famous foster children.