In Transit - Rescheduled... Why?

brownrodster

WOW! Good job br - Tell a customer that the company you work for makes your head explode and never makes any sense!!! During times like this, UPS needs all the goodwill the company can get. You had an opportunity to reassure a customer of UPS world class service and you BLEW IT!

Why do you work at UPS anyway???? Or are you just a big ol troll?

I work here because the only higher paying job in the podunk town I grew up in are the oil refineries. I have a university education but I like making more money that my professors do. I actually like my job. My FT supervisors have always treated me well and with respect. I'm productive and have only once been questioned about my numbers in my years as a driver.

But if I tried to make sense of UPS I would hate this job to the extreme and probably quit. My fellow drivers I talk with on a daily basis agree with me. Nothing UPS does makes sense. The routes they build are a joke. The expectations are not based on reality. I am 100% honest when I tell you that I'm surprised this company turns any profit after seeing all the waste and stupidity that comes from above. All I do is laugh my way to the bank and hope this company keeps afloat long enough so I can retire.

I've said it many times here. It's is possible for us drivers to be more productive with less effort than we are current expending. But it's not us holding ourselves back. You talk about SPORH being important. If we had routes that made sense and a preload that could load itself out of a paperbag our SPORH could increase dramatically.

UPS Lifer

This has nothing to do with making money and everything to do with common sense. You say you have a "university education" .... Put it to work!!!!!

I don't care what your personal opinion is of the company that pays your wages. But I do care what you say and how you act with every customer UPS has.

If you care so much about your retirement you should start to give a rats rump about what is happening... NOW. I could care less about your whining and how bad you think you have it.

If you say you have a "university education". ... How do you not see that UPS just made a quarterly profit in what is the worst recession in our history, and IMO will be declared a depression once we are out of it. The company must be doing something right. I guess you could go work for GM. They post their quarterly profits on comedy central.

Why don't you try and make a difference rather than bad mouthing UPS to our customers. School boy.... remember - customers.... they are the ones who actually pay your wages!!!! The more you lose - the less chance you will see retirement.

I apologize in advance for all the negative references to your education, but, you opened the door and had to make a point about it. There is a difference between being well educated and using common sense. This is a time for common sense.

I actually am glad to see that you like your job. Take that positive energy and radiate it outward. You can make a difference one day at a time.

brownrodster

I told the OP to "Wait patiently. You should recieve your package on the 24th."

Because I am confident in UPS' ability to make that happen. I'm not confident in much else this company does, however.

Hey, I'm just a driver. I take the truck they give me and deliver the boxes they put in it. My experience, area knowledge, and desire for this company to profit are meaningless to the puppet masters 200 miles away that call the shots. To them I'm just a guy who needs to increase his SPORH so that this company will survive.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Because I am confident in UPS' ability to make that happen. I'm not confident in much else this company does, however.

Hey, I'm just a driver. I take the truck they give me and deliver the boxes they put in it. My experience, area knowledge, and desire for this company to profit are meaningless to the puppet masters 200 miles away that call the shots. To them I'm just a guy who needs to increase his SPORH so that this company will survive.
If what you say about the people that run this company is true, and granted it may very well be true, do you really want the people that use us for their personal business to develop a sour taste in their mouth's because of the way the employee's are treated?

What do you think people do, that think employee's of a certain company are not treated properly? They do their business with a different company. Honestly, are you really treated that poorly? I mean, you work, finish and go home. You get paid, benefits, vacations and meet some pretty cool people. All jobs have there high and low points, but do we really need to use the Brown Cafe as a confessional? JMHO, as always.:peaceful:

"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again."
Don Corleone to Sonny

fethrs

Well then, maybe you should go out in search of a little "something something". I hear Amy Winehouse is available. Yummy!:sick:

2853666362_7907635c27.jpg
This has nothing to do with the original post (imagine that) but can we PLEASE ban her pics from the bc? I don't think i've ever seen a good one and even if there is one, I DONT WANT TO SEE IT..sorry for the rant. thankyouverymuch.
(I'm grouchy.I need a beer...lol)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Re: Amy Winehouse... Why?

This has nothing to do with the original post (imagine that) but can we PLEASE ban her pics from the bc? I don't think i've ever seen a good one and even if there is one, I DONT WANT TO SEE IT..sorry for the rant. thankyouverymuch.
(I'm grouchy.I need a beer...lol)
Last time, I promise. Here's a pic that you may need to see. It's called, PROGRESSIVE EVIL.

winehouse.jpg

Last edited:
M

Mike23

Tracking Number: 1Z9V194E0298747901 Status: Delivered Delivered On: 07/24/2009 10:56 A.M. Location: SD DOOR Delivered To: WATERFORD, MI, US Shipped/Billed On: 07/22/2009 Type: Package Service: 2ND DAY AIR Weight: 4.00 Lbs Good work team.

Hey now! We're off the clock! None of that positive reinforcement stuff allowed here, Mr!

Plus when DID they start teaching positive reinforcement at UPS school? Was that before or after the, 'drive them until they die!' course? :wink2:

UPS Lifer

This is where I disagree with you. You are not "just a driver". You are the lifeblood of UPS. You may be dealt a hand you don't like when you leave the building each morning but you make the decision how to deal with that hand on the road every single day. Do you take the cards and fold or do you look at your options and use your judgment and experience and common sense to throw away the right cards and get a better hand.

Are you a fatalist or are you going to make the lemonade out of lemons?
It is always - your choice!