Income Inequality

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You're the one that said "fruits" without specifying which fruit! :tt2:
My case in point:

Just how efficient is the government compared to private businesses?

Because they don't have to be efficient.

Or worry about customer service (DMV).

Or show a profit.

rickyb

Banned
Why is some of that post in Russian?

Going by what they say?
so your saying its wrong?

sounds right to me u definitely got wall street there and the 3rd world inequality of new york. u also got virginia i believe where alot of the military industrial complex wealth ends up.

rickyb

Banned
My case in point:

Just how efficient is the government compared to private businesses?

Because they don't have to be efficient.

Or worry about customer service (DMV).

Or show a profit.

yes and private businesses ship stuff 1000s of miles around teh world just to exploit poor labor and regulations. burning all kinds of gas in the process...REALLLL efficient. look up how much gas the big tankers go through. if it was efficient it would be as local as possible.

the efficiency rhetoric is just applied to a narrow definition of the term.
there are Alot of things they dont account for when they say the private sector is more efficient than government.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
yes and private businesses ship stuff 1000s of miles around teh world just to exploit poor labor and regulations. burning all kinds of gas in the process...REALLLL efficient. look up how much gas the big tankers go through. if it was efficient it would be as local as possible.

the efficiency rhetoric is just applied to a narrow definition of the term.
there are Alot of things they dont account for when they say the private sector is more efficient than government.
But that creates more jobs.

Someone has to make the fuel.

Someone must transport the goods.

And they still make a profit.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Employers Outraged at DoL's Demand for Pay of $2/hr for Shepherds

The standards laid on by the old (and current) DoL regulations are very minimal: $750 a month plus room and board. "Room" in this setting does not imply a dwelling with a roof, windows, heat, power, or running water. It allows for the use of portable trailers or tents. "Board" means that the workers are given groceries and cook for themselves. The wage in California is higher because of state government action.

The Department of Labor, commendably, is trying to double the existing wages, which have been virtually flat for 22 years, and the ranchers are howling. The $2.00/hour figure mentioned earlier is based on a 24-7 job situation. (There are 720 hours in a 30-day month; the wage rates proposed by DoL, which vary from state to state, are mostly in the $1,400-$1,500 a month range.) The proposed $2.00 an hour average, admittedly, includes some sleep time and cooking time.

With wages (using the 24-hour day) currently at about $1.00 an hour plus room and board, the industry hires either no citizens, or virtually no citizens. Because of the current DoL rules, this is an industry that is completely dependent on near-indentured, ill-paid, and isolated foreign workers.

http://www.cis.org/north/employers-outraged-dols-demand-pay-2hr-shepherds

rickyb

Banned
Love it or leave it.....oh wait,.........

let me see, work 4 UPS who violates labor laws, and earn less than $15 for 2 years or whatever working long hours every day OR find job where i can earn more money, do camp work, and travel when im not at work for my remaining time in this country. ;)

oldngray

nowhere special
let me see, work 4 UPS who violates labor laws, and earn less than $15 for 2 years or whatever working long hours every day OR find job where i can earn more money, do camp work, and travel when im not at work for my remaining time in this country. ;)

How much does your job pay?

wkmac

Actually they should be worried about OUR guns.

Why? It's all but proven the moment someone with a claimed authority and a uniform on tells you to submit to their will, you'll bow down to these "heroes" and do their bidding regardless what it is. And they know this too.

"Drop the Gun Citizen!"

"SIR, YES SIR!" "LICK YOUR ARSE SIR?"

"Good citizen and give us a reach around too!"