Incompetent couriers

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I started a thread in January about a coworker who does my area on Saturday and brings back packages by blatently falsifying the package status.

https://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/quandary-on-topic.372290/page-1

The courier stopped for awhile, but has started again. Mother's Day weekend bringing back over 10 unattempted pieces.

This courier as well as their former spouse also has an attendance and punctuality problem. I found out today that the reason the person still has a job is because of the hiring freeze that's been in place since January. Apparently, a screw up is better than nothing.

Any interesting screwups in your station? I could use a good laugh. Lol.

vantexan

I started a thread in January about a coworker who does my area on Saturday and brings back packages by blatently falsifying the package status.

Quandary......ON TOPIC

The courier stopped for awhile, but has started again. Mother's Day weekend bringing back over 10 unattempted pieces.

This courier as well as their former spouse also has an attendance and punctuality problem. I found out today that the reason the person still has a job is because of the hiring freeze that's been in place since January. Apparently, a screw up is better than nothing.

During Peak one year had a part-timer assigned to help me. Been with us about 6 months. I lined up 25 stops for him in a fairly condensed area with a very good map. Took him including 30 min break 6 hrs. And nothing said to him!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Me... jk, or am I???

But, the past peak, I gave up my gravy area (a gated community) to a supplemental driver.

It took him 8 hours to complete it, when I can do it in half the time.

Granted, working outta a rental boxtruck sucks, but I was also... poor training was my guess.

dezguy

Have a courier in my work group who has been caught stealing from the company, is late at least 3 days a week, has been talked to by hr about harrassing other employees at least twice and has threatened a manager with a poor sfa score if they didn't get their way.

Nothing has ever been done because management is afraid that if they do, this courier will turn around and sue the company for harassment.

Edit: Forgot to mention takes 8 hours to do 25 less stops on their route than before this courier was in this route.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Have a courier in my work group who has been caught stealing from the company, is late at least 3 days a week, has been talked to by hr about harrassing other employees at least twice and has threatened a manager with a poor sfa score if they didn't get their way.

Nothing has ever been done because management is afraid that if they do, this courier will turn around and sue the company for harassment.

Edit: Forgot to mention takes 8 hours to do 25 less stops on their route than before this courier was in this route.

Sounds like he knows how to play the game

Apparently you don't

dezguy

Sounds like he knows how to play the game

Apparently you don't
I definitely know the limits I can push. I just don't think I could be as useless as this courier is and not at least feel a bit bad about it.

Also, while I go to work to work and, if I make friends, that's cool, I definitely couldn't go to work every day knowing there isn't one person in my station who doesn't absolutely hate me.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

The courier and his manager should be fired. Nothing burns my rear end up like managers who complain that the crap they allow to happen keeps happening.

Last edited:

Oldfart

Stealing packages?

dezguy

The courier and his manager should be fired. Nothing burns my rear end up like managers who complain that the crap they allow to happen keeps happening.
While usually I would agree, this courier is well known from the DM level, to HR and I'm assuming, based on the amount of crap they pull, wouldn't be surprised if their name hasn't come up at HQ. All levels of management have let their antics slide.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

https://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/quandary-on-topic.372290/page-1

You just won't let this cat fight go will you