Incompetent couriers

whenIgetthere

I started a thread in January about a coworker who does my area on Saturday and brings back packages by blatently falsifying the package status.

Quandary......ON TOPIC

The courier stopped for awhile, but has started again. Mother's Day weekend bringing back over 10 unattempted pieces.

This courier as well as their former spouse also has an attendance and punctuality problem. I found out today that the reason the person still has a job is because of the hiring freeze that's been in place since January. Apparently, a screw up is better than nothing.

Any interesting screwups in your station? I could use a good laugh. Lol.

Courier in my loop worked last Saturday, went on road with 17 stops, should have taken no more than two hours on a bad day, she took them for eight hours! This is a 35 year veteran.

Last edited:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
While usually I would agree, this courier is well known from the DM level, to HR and I'm assuming, based on the amount of crap they pull, wouldn't be surprised if their name hasn't come up at HQ. All levels of management have let their antics slide.

Based on past experience I would venture a guess that HQ doesn't know squat about it because they would likely make some heads roll if they did. As much grief as MEM deserves, there is a Kool-Aid gung-ho by-the-book culture there that will not tolerate this crap. It's terrible for employee morale and makes the manager (and others who are involved) look horrible.

Again, I'm guessing based on what I've seen before, but it wouldn't surprise me that the people you've mentioned are trying to endure the situation at this point. They've screwed themselves. They can't punish him without opening themselves up to admitting that they've allowed him to do this crap for a long time. It's sad.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I started a thread in January about a coworker who does my area on Saturday and brings back packages by blatently falsifying the package status.

Quandary......ON TOPIC

The courier stopped for awhile, but has started again. Mother's Day weekend bringing back over 10 unattempted pieces.

This courier as well as their former spouse also has an attendance and punctuality problem. I found out today that the reason the person still has a job is because of the hiring freeze that's been in place since January. Apparently, a screw up is better than nothing.

Any interesting screwups in your station? I could use a good laugh. Lol.

A courier needed to get off early one day but he had a lot of stops and the station didn't have any extra bodies that could help him out. He called up a friend who didn't work for the company and arranged a meeting on his route. He resi released some stops to his friend, who in turn delivered them.

A courier just couldn't stay off the phone while driving. Three incidents in a year and he was gone. Another one totaled a year-old Sprinter because he was speeding on a country road, missed a curve, and hit a tree. They kept him around.

A courier who would run strictly by service. Ran all of his 1030s. Then ran all of his business SO. Then ran all of his business ES/XS. Then ran the rest of his resis.

A courier was driving a W700 as it hit 500,000 miles or whatever it was. Took a picture and posted it on all of his social media accounts. Dipwad didn't realize that the odometer is right there with the speedometer, and his picture showed that his vehicle was moving at 70 MPH.

The station lawyer takes pictures of the schedule each week along with the vacation schedule and wish list to make sure that everything is kosher. Also keeps track of how many sick days everyone uses. He makes a federal case over any discrepancy, real or imagined, despite the fact that it never affects him.

Courier raised a big stink over losing TWO MINUTES in the morning when they cut the meeting and pre-trip time. I mean, he really melted down over that. He drives through his break.

MAKAVELI

A courier needed to get off early one day but he had a lot of stops and the station didn't have any extra bodies that could help him out. He called up a friend who didn't work for the company and arranged a meeting on his route. He resi released some stops to his friend, who in turn delivered them.

A courier just couldn't stay off the phone while driving. Three incidents in a year and he was gone. Another one totaled a year-old Sprinter because he was speeding on a country road, missed a curve, and hit a tree. They kept him around.

A courier who would run strictly by service. Ran all of his 1030s. Then ran all of his business SO. Then ran all of his business ES/XS. Then ran the rest of his resis.

A courier was driving a W700 as it hit 500,000 miles or whatever it was. Took a picture and posted it on all of his social media accounts. Dipwad didn't realize that the odometer is right there with the speedometer, and his picture showed that his vehicle was moving at 70 MPH.

The station lawyer takes pictures of the schedule each week along with the vacation schedule and wish list to make sure that everything is kosher. Also keeps track of how many sick days everyone uses. He makes a federal case over any discrepancy, real or imagined, despite the fact that it never affects him.

Courier raised a big stink over losing TWO MINUTES in the morning when they cut the meeting and pre-trip time. I mean, he really melted down over that. He drives through his break.

Cool story bro.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Poorly half~@$$ news article... I wanted to see that broken seat.

Yeah, I've seen poor seats from crappy HD stepvans before as well, but it would help clarify the article.

I also see ground drivers still not using their seatbelts in my area; they either have good life insurance for their families or they are too reckless thinking that their 14k + vehicle can push those obstacles outta their way during an impact

rod

Retired 22 years
Poorly half~@$$ news article... I wanted to see that broken seat.

Yeah, I've seen poor seats from crappy HD stepvans before as well, but it would help clarify the article.

I also see ground drivers still not using their seatbelts in my area; they either have good life insurance for their families or they are too reckless thinking that their 14k + vehicle can push those obstacles outta their way during an impact

Back when men were men vehicles didn't have seatbelts.