Increase Teamster Membership

Karma...

Seems to me that the Teamsters should be working on unionizing FedEx, Amazon, and converting RTW states to Teamsters...What is being done and why the dragging of feet ?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Seems to me that the Teamsters should be working on unionizing FedEx, Amazon, and converting RTW states to Teamsters...What is being done and why the dragging of feet ?

Hey! Great idea! It's so simple, I can't believe no one has thought about that before. Wow, you should run for General President. You clearly have the right vision for the future.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Teamsters tried to organize the FedEx Ground handlers in Boston. Didn't work.

RTW states are a lost cause.

Bezos would immediately terminate any of his employees if they ever tried to organize.

542thruNthru

You ever get off your ass and go help out your locals organizer? I bet you've never even been to a general membership meeting or at the most can count how many times you have on one hand.

Griff

They have a great slogan for all those workers to pay their union dues and initiation fees.

"TEAMSTERS -- We send out ballots for contracts, but Hoffa and Hall ultimately make the decisions around here."

The Teamsters are dead men walking, the 2019 contract spelled it all out for you. Hoffa/Hall are in bed with UPS management and sold out their members. Would you be beating down the door to give Hoffa/Hall your hard earned money with that track record?

Thoroughbred Teamster

I think unions in general, not just Teamsters, need to make a push to have a strong presence in public schools. Tech companies got their grubby paws all in there, why can't unions? Well, we need friends of labor in office that run the schools. In order for that to happen, we need to vote. Tough to get people to vote these days no matter how easy it is, right?
We need to organize those young minds, but it's a slow process that needs strong commitment, dedication, and voters. The anti-labor agenda has been creeping into our schools for decades while sneakily pushing out labor's accomplishments and acknowedgement of existence. It's a long process that can't be fixed overnight and tough to do when no one can put aside their differences.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Pointing out the obvious, is not criticizing.
You do it on a regular basis yet despise any criticism of the "leaders". I get it- tough on the ego. Hard to ever admit that the "leaders" just may be part of the problem. Not you of course. There again, you aren't really a "leader" are you? You can be anybody that you want to be....on the internet. Lol.

Indecisi0n

You ever get off your ass and go help out your locals organizer? I bet you've never even been to a general membership meeting or at the most can count how many times you have on one hand.
giphy.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Just look at the working conditions at Amazon and there is no push to unionize?

The corporations are getting stronger and stronger and even though unemployment is at all time lows the majority of new jobs is minimum wage.

and hardly any push back?

It was a sad day that Ron Carey had the presidency stolen from him.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You do it on a regular basis yet despise any criticism of the "leaders". I get it- tough on the ego. Hard to ever admit that the "leaders" just may be part of the problem. Not you of course. There again, you aren't really a "leader" are you? You can be anybody that you want to be....on the internet. Lol.

And your ramblings, are gospel.

What's stopping you.... from running for Local Union office ?

Lack of experience ?

Another.... loud mouth, never did anything, off the street.... cry baby.

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

And your ramblings, are gospel.

What's stopping you.... from running for Local Union office ?

Lack of experience ?

Another.... loud mouth, never did anything, off the street.... cry baby.

-Bug-
Basically, I want to be able to still see my work boots and be able to bend over to tie them. So I'm a loud mouth? Interesting that you can spout off about things. Oh wait- you're an "elected official".

Off the street? Not sure what you are trying to get at with this particular incoherent babble.

I've obviously struck a nerve with you. Oh well. I'm sure you cheer on every elected official in local, state or federal government? Never question them? If you do I guess you better run for office tough guy. Please stop scaring me Big Union Man. Lol.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I think unions in general, not just Teamsters, need to make a push to have a strong presence in public schools. Tech companies got their grubby paws all in there, why can't unions? Well, we need friends of labor in office that run the schools. In order for that to happen, we need to vote. Tough to get people to vote these days no matter how easy it is, right?
We need to organize those young minds, but it's a slow process that needs strong commitment, dedication, and voters. The anti-labor agenda has been creeping into our schools for decades while sneakily pushing out labor's accomplishments and acknowedgement of existence. It's a long process that can't be fixed overnight and tough to do when no one can put aside their differences.
The general point of public schooling is to prevent children from developing that mindset. Mold kids into being obedient and deferential when it comes time to go to work for the man. Your suggestion is not realisitic at all.

Karma...

Hey! Great idea! It's so simple, I can't believe no one has thought about that before. Wow, you should run for General President. You clearly have the right vision for the future.
thank you...it is simple if you believe in Unions...dont complicate a simple situation....think to the future and plan for that future....