Initiation Fee/Union Dues

LongIslandNewbie

Just curious anyone know the initiation fee and union dues for local 804 in New york? This is the 1st paycheck where they have been taken out. I asked the shop steward and he said download the local 804 app?? I got $85 in initiation and $47 in dues deducted this week.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Just curious anyone know the initiation fee and union dues for local 804 in New york? This is the 1st paycheck where they have been taken out. I asked the shop steward and he said download the local 804 app?? I got $85 in initiation and $47 in dues deducted this week.
I would bet it is over $500.
$500 for a minimum wage job and no benefits? Sounds a little steep.
Mine was $500 @ $25 a week

The initiation fee amount is absurd. There is no reason why the initiation fees should ever be over $100 no matter what your profession or state. It's about time one of these radical union members step up and tell us all why the initiation fees are so damn high.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
The initiation fee amount is absurd. There is no reason why the initiation fees should ever be over $100 no matter what your profession or state. It's about time one of these radical union members step up and tell us all why the initiation fees are so damn high.

Our monthly fees are high as well. UPS is my 4th union job and 3rd different union. All the others capped monthly dues at 2 hours pay per month. We pay 2.5 hours pay per month.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Our monthly fees are high as well. UPS is my 4th union job and 3rd different union. All the others capped monthly dues at 2 hours pay per month. We pay 2.5 hours pay per month.
There are quite a few unions where the dues are over 2 hours. I've seen some. That part I can understand, the maintenance and administration of the union and the funds it supports can fluctuate based on demographics, the economy, the market etc; but the initiation fees being so high is just something the union leaders use to line their pockets. Some of these folks who pay such exorbitant amounts never make it far enough in the jobs to even fully pay these fees.

LongIslandNewbie

Thanks - this is what union confirmed when I called yesterday. Will there be additional medical expenses for monthly benefits once i become eligible? Union told me i had to wait for paperwork to be mailed.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Thanks - this is what union confirmed when I called yesterday. Will there be additional medical expenses for monthly benefits once i become eligible? Union told me i had to wait for paperwork to be mailed.
You get benefits after 1 year and most the time you'll pay maybe a $10 co-pay and the rest is usually covered on most medical. It's top notch insurance.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
You get benefits after 1 year and most the time you'll pay maybe a $10 co-pay and the rest is usually covered on most medical. It's top notch insurance.

Must be different in new England but I got benefits for me and my daughter after 400 hours (about 4 months)

luckster

There are quite a few unions where the dues are over 2 hours. I've seen some. That part I can understand, the maintenance and administration of the union and the funds it supports can fluctuate based on demographics, the economy, the market etc; but the initiation fees being so high is just something the union leaders use to line their pockets. Some of these folks who pay such exorbitant amounts never make it far enough in the jobs to even fully pay these fees.
does any one know what the union initial fees are for PT air driver ?

watdaflock?

Hopefully you are only charged one initiation fee but it may be more than $85. As you get raises the $47 in dues will also rise.

Best option is use your insurance for an opiate prescription which you can sell to your co-workers.