Injury acting up again

throwaway45678

I was on comp for awhile. Surgeon said I needed surgery but wasn't going to perform it on someone who didn't want it. I just wanted to get back to work after so much PT. Tbh, I missed big brown and my brothers and sisters and thought I could get by.

The pain got better and I managed for awhile, but lately the darn thing is really acting up.

I'm worried if I separate employment with the company I'll be SOL on this and be on my own.

It's not bad enough that I can't work (yet), but imagining dealing with this on my own gives me a new set of worries.

It's not a huge surgery but it's surgery on an important joint of a limb.

Thanks for any help or advice.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I was on comp for awhile. Surgeon said I needed surgery but wasn't going to perform it on someone who didn't want it. I just wanted to get back to work after so much PT. Tbh, I missed big brown and my brothers and sisters and thought I could get by.

The pain got better and I managed for awhile, but lately the darn thing is really acting up.

I'm worried if I separate employment with the company I'll be SOL on this and be on my own.

It's not bad enough that I can't work (yet), but imagining dealing with this on my own gives me a new set of worries.

It's not a huge surgery but it's surgery on an important joint of a limb.

Thanks for any help or advice.
Call a work comp lawyer ASAP. Here, you can go back on comp up to 18 months past your last treatment. You can also sue liberty mutual for lost wages as well as collecting your entitled work comp pay. Advice on here is sketchy at best, call your BA and call a lawyer ASAP.

Johney

Check comp laws as stated or contact a lawyer, laws vary from state to state. Here you have 1 year past your last appt and it get's closed out and you are on your own.

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_3101_93.jpg

You gonna prepare your own lawsuit to get your lost pension and 401k money? Like I said. Call a lawyer.
Workmen's comp is a type of no fault compensation. Most likely, your lawsuit would be towards a third party. But a comp attorney might get you a greater PPD settlement. BA = unless (for me anyway)

For a already registered injury? Prepare for a fight from LM.
If I had a torn meniscus in 2015 and elected not to have surgery. Then in 2017 I cannot walk. They can decide for themselves if they want to reopen the previous claim, or open a new one. I don’t care.

Johney

If I had a torn meniscus in 2015 and elected not to have surgery. Then in 2017 I cannot walk. They can decide for themselves if they want to reopen the previous claim, or open a new one. I don’t care.
Here if you had not gone back between 2015 and 2017 the case is closed and they no longer have to treat you. You would have to try and claim/report a new injury and would be shut down once they find it was the same torn meniscus,if you even made it to them treating you again. That's how the laws are here, sad but true.