Is Fed-Up a real possibility?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Funny, we have lot's of Democrats here looking to Canada(Venezuela too) as some sage/wise place of wokeness. As you describe it, sounds like California. Why would anyone want that? It's pretty obvious Amazon doesn't have to do ANYTHING about service/safety or anything else. These gig" jobs are here to stay. Just like people who mow lawns, painters etc. Can't "fit in" in normal society and structured jobs. For reasons including drug addiction to psychological reasons. To be clear: not all painters and landscapers fit this narrative...

It seems Canada would be perfect for Amazon. Just order in and skip going out in that frigid night. Delivered right to your door. Seems like.
How is a person who mows lawns or a painter a person who can’t fit in?? Blue collar is all I hear you bashing.

ouanling

Funny, we have lot's of Democrats here looking to Canada(Venezuela too) as some sage/wise place of wokeness. As you describe it, sounds like California. Why would anyone want that? It's pretty obvious Amazon doesn't have to do ANYTHING about service/safety or anything else. These gig" jobs are here to stay. Just like people who mow lawns, painters etc. Can't "fit in" in normal society and structured jobs. For reasons including drug addiction to psychological reasons. To be clear: not all painters and landscapers fit this narrative...

It seems Canada would be perfect for Amazon. Just order in and skip going out in that frigid night. Delivered right to your door. Seems like.
USA is the land of pharma and yet Canadians take more anti depressants.

Canada is total :censored2: unless you make 100k+ even in the country side there's nothing affordable.

I've lived in south east asia for a long time and the average min wage worker there is at least 20 times happier than a mid income person in Canada.

Tbh, I'd rather my people be delivering vaccines under government contracts, or things like medicine that can be put on light drones and sent to a beacon at someone's front door.

The money that's left in shipping services isn't even that good. You get to choose between bad, worse and "at least they need a warrant". None of them stand above the others in terms of quality and speed. It's a mixed bag every time. Simply put, :censored2:ing garbage.

It's some real sad :censored2: when it's cheaper for an ebayer to send something from China in 3 days than it is sending a first Class parcel inside the contiguous US in 5.

quad decade guy

How is a person who mows lawns or a painter a person who can’t fit in?? Blue collar is all I hear you bashing.
IDK. exactly. Like the Georgia guy who is always in trouble(his words), how did he/they get there? It's not about "blue-collar bashing". You hear what you want to hear obtusely or not. I clearly noted there are many reasons why folks do what they do. Say, next time you see a guy/gal walking down the side of the road(sometimes in the middle...) pushing a lawnmower, looking for his next "job", buy him a cool drink and maybe lunch and ask him-"How and why did you start mowing lawns?". I'd bet it would be "interesting to say the least".

quad decade guy

Tbh, I'd rather my people be delivering vaccines under government contracts, or things like medicine that can be put on light drones and sent to a beacon at someone's front door.

The money that's left in shipping services isn't even that good. You get to choose between bad, worse and "at least they need a warrant". None of them stand above the others in terms of quality and speed. It's a mixed bag every time. Simply put, *ing garbage.

It's some real sad * when it's cheaper for an ebayer to send something from China in 3 days than it is sending a first Class parcel inside the contiguous US in 5.
My people?

Drones to beacons? What? OMG. This isn't Blade Runner. Who is going to pay for these drones and beacons?

If there isn't profit in logistics, why is there a giant war going on?

If anything, shipping is BIGGER than ever.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

The money that's left in shipping services isn't even that good. You get to choose between bad, worse and "at least they need a warrant". None of them stand above the others in terms of quality and speed. It's a mixed bag every time. Simply put, *ing garbage.

It's some real sad * when it's cheaper for an ebayer to send something from China in 3 days than it is sending a first Class parcel inside the contiguous US in 5.
This is exactly why UPS and FedEx are limiting supply (capping shippers). Create demand and the price goes up.

rustys954rr

USA is the land of pharma and yet Canadians take more anti depressants.

Canada is total * unless you make 100k+ even in the country side there's nothing affordable.

I've lived in south east asia for a long time and the average min wage worker there is at least 20 times happier than a mid income person in Canada.
Could be because a lot Americans can't afford the antidepressants, suicide rates are higher in America.

ouanling

Could be because a lot Americans can't afford the antidepressants, suicide rates are higher in America.
You get locked down in hospitals + drugged for the rest of your life on the gov's dime in Canada if you allude suicide..

Death is less painful.

5 HTP and saint john's worth which are what is prescribed in some European countries work better than antidepressants and have very little side effect. They cost 10-30$ per month.

SSRI's are only needed for a very small fraction of the people that use them, people with massive issues in brain chemistry.

Zowert

Bezos will buy UPS outright, scrap the Union and pocket our pensions. Have fun in a nursing home when you retire at 79 you peasants!