Integrity Question

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
SMH
They should be taking Prerecord out of the diad before they ever removed EDD.
Nothing good happens when you Prerecord.
Yup.
There are 3 legitimate reasons for prerecord. apt indirects, containerization, and helpers.
Even then, most of our stewards swear to never use it. Discipline magnet.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
I use prerecord everyday.

My one bulk comm stop is known by a few different names. Parent company, etc etc. But it's only one stop. But in the board as, sometimes as much as four separate stops. So I use prerecord to verify what is remaining, when combining the multistop.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I use prerecord everyday.

My one bulk comm stop is known by a few different names. Parent company, etc etc. But it's only one stop. But in the board as, sometimes as much as four separate stops. So I use prerecord to verify what is remaining, when combining the multistop.

Back in the day that would have been 4 separate stops

El Correcto

god is dead
12/1 exceptions are easy to avoid instead of stop completing prerecord the stop you know because the business closed for the day not just lunch.
With the new system of preload scanning packages into each load some drivers have started to prerecord packages that they can’t find to avoid going back to a stop if they find them.
Thoughts? Do you think drivers shouldn’t prerecord stops between 12/1 at all? Should the diad software need to be updated to force drivers to be at the location when they stop complete prerecorded stops.

Why would you use prerecord on a business between 12-1, it’ll just cause it to drop out of your edd and possibly make you forget to go back before 5. Unless you plan on sheeting it closed after their lunch time off area, I don’t think prerecord will save you if you’re caught doing it or they complain.

DriverNerd

I do it by the book. If they're closed I void the delivery leaving it in my EDD. Continue on the with rest of my stops until 1. Then go back to the building and sheet closed and leave info notice. Extra miles and I break trace. But that's on them, not me.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I just wait until after 1 and sheet as closed (if they are closed for the day) out of area. Been doing that for years and no one has ever said anything about it. Hell my training supervisor told me to sheet businesses as closed at 4:59 if you’re not going to make it.

It’s all good until it isn’t.

Just think about that for a second, you’re saying you‘re at a location when you aren’t, a customer looks it up and calls in saying “I’ve been here all day! I went to lunch at 12, but got back at 12:30, been here ever since!”

Management gets ahold of the customer concern saying this, looks at the delivery in question, sheeted at 3:56 15 miles away. This new center manager doesn’t like you because you part your hair to the left or something, decides he’s going to run with this and fire you for dishonestly.

Now, at your panel hearing your defense is “my training manager (who happens to no longer work for the company) said I should intentionally falsify my delivery times and area”

This is of course after you’ve been sat out for two weeks without pay, and I can bet you that you won’t go for back pay with a case like this.

Will you get your job back, probably, but why go though all that when you can simply do the right thing in the first place and not sheet packages out of area?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I do it by the book. If they're closed I void the delivery leaving it in my EDD. Continue on the with rest of my stops until 1. Then go back to the building and sheet closed and leave info notice. Extra miles and I break trace. But that's on them, not me.
And this will never get you fired or put yourself in a situation where your integrity can be questioned.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If you are recording stops and not at that address when hitting stop complete, you are falsifying records. Its as simple as that and I see drivers fired for that. The company always knows where your package car is, where your DIAD is, and down to the second when you touch a button on it.