Integrity Question

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
12/1 exceptions are easy to avoid instead of stop completing prerecord the stop you know because the business closed for the day not just lunch.
With the new system of preload scanning packages into each load some drivers have started to prerecord packages that they can’t find to avoid going back to a stop if they find them.
Thoughts? Do you think drivers shouldn’t prerecord stops between 12/1 at all? Should the diad software need to be updated to force drivers to be at the location when they stop complete prerecorded stops.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
12/1 exceptions are easy to avoid instead of stop completing prerecord the stop you know because the business closed for the day not just lunch.
With the new system of preload scanning packages into each load some drivers have started to prerecord packages that they can’t find to avoid going back to a stop if they find them.
Thoughts? Do you think drivers shouldn’t prerecord stops between 12/1 at all? Should the diad software need to be updated to force drivers to be at the location when they stop complete prerecorded stops.

Seriously, this is what you think about on a Friday night

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
That would be on the driver to scan at location and if closed be sheeted before 12 or after 1. The only way around this is to future the package for the next day, clerk probably will give you crap but will not be considered missed in the system.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
To answer your question the drivers should never prerecord any packages because of a possible 12/1 bussiness not open. Go back or take break and sort your truck if that's the case at hand.

Heavy Package

Here's my thought. Cheers to another long work week gone!

Belgian_beer_glass.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This practice is dishonest, period.

Just because a business is closed doesn't mean a delivery can't be completed???

Many times I have encountered a Manager, or a maintenance person on site at business that is "closed", that came for the sole purpose of receiving a package or a large shipment because it was needed or easier to deal with outside of normal business hours.

Another thing to consider is who the "customer" really is?
Is it the person receiving the package, or the one shipping it?
I submit that the receiver is the "consignee" and the "shipper" the customer, because the shipper contracted the service and is paying the bill.

So no, I would never "prerecord" a stop, then complete it down the road as closed or not in....because it is simply a dishonest practice and not what the "customer" paid for.

12 to 1 is UPS's rule, so just go back and do it right?