Intergrad DQ?

So recently my HR reached out to me and said she would be scheduling me for intergrad, April 5th. Which I thought was odd because of all the things that have been canceled but we’ll see. The only problem is I recently lost my wallet and now I don’t have a physical license. I can’t go and replace it because all the Secretary of State are Closed. Though I have a picture of it, passport, soc everything else! lol. Do y’all think they’ll dq me for it.

Nah
So recently my HR reached out to me and said she would be scheduling me for intergrad, April 5th. Which I thought was odd because of all the things that have been canceled but we’ll see. The only problem is I recently lost my wallet and now I don’t have a physical license. I can’t go and replace it because all the Secretary of State are Closed. Though I have a picture of it, passport, soc everything else! lol. Do y’all think they’ll dq me for it.

Yeah, you may be screwed. Call HR and ask, but when I was at Integrad they wouldn't take you on road without your license.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Yes you need a physical license to drive a commercial vehicle, police do not accept pictures of your license

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Have your mom write you a note

You’ll be good to go

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Call HR back ASAP and be honest about losing it. You might not get DQ "on paper" as long as HR cancels and you do not set foot in Integrad.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I personally think It's weird they are moving me too for late April in a time like this. Maybe they are looking for a few people just in case summer picks up after this nonsense. People would be mostly good to go by June.

Hobizzle

This can only for sure work in Pennsylvania-if you renew your license online, your original ID is now invalid. They provide you with a page to print which is a legal temporary license. Check what the process is in your state and this may be a work around for you. If not I would immediately contact hr and be honest. Getting your integrad delayed is likely the next best solution.

ManInBrown

PTers have the best stories. Dog ate my telephone. I can’t call out. What should I do. Anyone know the number for the hub in Podunk, ND? I can’t get in touch with my supervisor.

Nike

So stupid, I was asking my supervisor the other day why we are not training in-house? Especially with what is going on right now, like seriously what a waste of time and a huge risk to send employees away for training that could be done locally. I look at it militarily right now honestly. What if some of our drivers catch it? It's unlikely just one would have it but rather several given how this thing works. If I was in charge I would be training all of our in house guys right now on how to drive just in case that possibility happens. Have em come in during the day and give them the training just in case. If we were to lose half our drivers, which isn't unreasonable considering how the virus works, we would be screwed since they would have to be quarantined for weeks or more and we would have no way to quickly replace them.

oldngray

nowhere special
So stupid, I was asking my supervisor the other day why we are not training in-house? Especially with what is going on right now, like seriously what a waste of time and a huge risk to send employees away for training that could be done locally. I look at it militarily right now honestly. What if some of our drivers catch it? It's unlikely just one would have it but rather several given how this thing works. If I was in charge I would be training all of our in house guys right now on how to drive just in case that possibility happens. Have em come in during the day and give them the training just in case. If we were to lose half our drivers, which isn't unreasonable considering how the virus works, we would be screwed since they would have to be quarantined for weeks or more and we would have no way to quickly replace them.

They probably don't have enough supervisors who know enough about driving to train others.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Not a chance

All the supervisors are quarantined they will fill in for us as we drop

Nike

They probably don't have enough supervisors who know enough about driving to train others.
Brother, I'm not disagreeing with you but you and I both know that is a weak excuse. If UPS wants to be treated as a critical company in these times they need to have contingency plans in place. If one driver gets this thing what happens next? Yeah, they get locked down, but what about all the other drivers they interacted with? You could be talking about anywhere from a few, to dozens, to hundreds of men and women that potentially would be held at home because of this. Or we can risk sending them out, spreading the virus, then having word come back that UPS knew they potentially had infected drivers and sent them out anyway. These are tough times that require tough decisions, which is why I said above train as many men and women as you can, while you can, in case we start losing drivers. See how funny it is when Louisville, Dallas or another big hub goes down and our business grinds to a halt.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I personally think It's weird they are moving me too for late April in a time like this. Maybe they are looking for a few people just in case summer picks up after this nonsense. People would be mostly good to go by June.
they're training you know so you can fill in for the guys who die from the virus