International Machinists Union (IAM) Organizing FedEx Express Aircraft Mechanics

It will be fine

Fred S has a lot of goons in politics, hopefully Alotta them are as old as fred himself and will one day move on to the next life and perhaps new faces in government will see this fedex express as under the RLA for what it really is, which is a miscategorization and unfair to the express drivers that might wanna organize
Will these new faces ride to DC on unicorns or dragons?

STFXG

182 per hour x 74 guaranteed hours per month x 12 months = $161616 annual salary. That's entry on the lowest paying aircraft, the 727. And that's minimum pay.

That's why it is the hardest airline to get hired on to:

MAKAVELI

182 per hour x 74 guaranteed hours per month x 12 months = $161616 annual salary. That's entry on the lowest paying aircraft, the 727. And that's minimum pay.

That's as a captain but first officer starts at $63 an hour for the 727.

STFXG

That's as a captain but first officer starts at $63 an hour for the 727.
You got me there. I should've stated Pilot in Command starts at 150k in my original reply. I wasn't talking about the co-pilot. You can get hired on as PIC without being an FO first.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I believe all 727s are retired, so the smallest aircraft would be the 757, which has a significantly higher pay scale. Plus, the 727 had a Flight Engineer, a position that no longer exists.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

74 times $261 per hr (highest pilot scale) equals $19,314 per month, which does not include pension and other benefits.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
Will these new faces ride to DC on unicorns or dragons?
image.jpg

fedex_rtd

A few years back when FedEx decided to take away the shift differential pay from the drivers, the mechanics were the only group that did not lose that perk, however the company started to outsource a lot of vehicle maintance.

On the Feb video for AGFS one of the items talked about was a new V.P. if Vehicle Maintenance. They are separating the mechanics that take care of the tugs, loaders, dollys, and tractors from the aircraft mechanics in order to make both groups smaller and harder to organize.

bbsam

Staff member
Fred S has a lot of goons in politics, hopefully Alotta them are as old as fred himself and will one day move on to the next life and perhaps new faces in government will see this fedex express as under the RLA for what it really is, which is a miscategorization and unfair to the express drivers that might wanna organize
What have you seen in this reality or any other that would suggest that might ever happen?

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
What have you seen in this reality or any other that would suggest that might ever happen?
Well nothing hence the word "perhaps", just hoping for the best for fedex and trying to have optimistic outlook for the future, I guess rational is if ya can't beat Fred S, just wait til he croaks, can't be much longer now didn't he recently have heart problems

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A few years back when FedEx decided to take away the shift differential pay from the drivers, the mechanics were the only group that did not lose that perk, however the company started to outsource a lot of vehicle maintance.

On the Feb video for AGFS one of the items talked about was a new V.P. if Vehicle Maintenance. They are separating the mechanics that take care of the tugs, loaders, dollys, and tractors from the aircraft mechanics in order to make both groups smaller and harder to organize.

Smaller workgroups are actually easier to organize. Our pilots are the perfect example. The IAM is talking about aircraft mechanics, already a much smaller group than vehicle mechanics. The big danger they pose is that with the swipe of a pen, an aircraft doesn't fly. It would be very easy to create a "problem" that would prevent an airplane from being used.