into the depths

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
1. Say the first thing that pops into your head.
This game will work best if you don't hesitate or agonize over your choice of words. There are no right or wrong answers. Its all just for fun.

2. Don't try to predict the answers.
It's natural to want to try to outsmart the quizzes or guess what their hidden meanings may be. But that takes the fun out of the game and besides, what will you learn from that?

3. Be honest with yourself.
It may be only a game, but if it can teach you something about yourself- let it!

4. Keep an open mind.
It is important to keep things in perspective. There are no correct answers and there are more than one way of reading any situation.

Read the scenario that is provided and answer the question(s).

Into the depths

Every adventure involves an element of danger- it's the danger that makes adventures so exciting and hard to resist. People willingly spend good money to experience that same thrill without the phsyical risk. It's this fact of human nature that keeps haunted house attractions and sky-diving schools in business. The impulse to face risks is in us all. Indeed, the fascination with danger can prove to be such a powerful lure that some people will gamble with their own lives to confront a mystery or explore a new world. We've all watched as the unwitting hero of a horror movie is about to walk through a darkened doorway and wanted to yell, "Don't go in there! Are you crazy?" But what would you do if it was you?

Our next scenario leads us into that dark world, where the line between simple thrills and actual fear is blurred...

1. You are in an old, abandoned building where no human has set foot in for years and have discovered a staircase leading underground. Slowly you make your way down, counting the steps as you go. One step...two...three... How many steps is it to the bottom?

2. The underground room is pitch black. The from the darkness you hear the sound of another person. Is the person weeping softly? Moaning wordlessly? Is it a voice speaking to you?

3. How do you react on hearing the sound of this other person? Do you try to search out the source? Is your first instinct to run up the stairs without looking back? Or are you paralyzed with fear and frozen where you stand?

4. You hear a person now calling your name and see a figure descending from the light at the top of the stairs. Who is this person coming down the stairs?

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
1. 8 steps
2. The other person is telling me to come closer.
3. I try to make my way toward the voice.
4. My pledgmaster from my fraternity.