Investigate Suspension

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Never write anything on the statement but your name or the same word or phrase repeated until you run out of time. If you want your job, tell them you've retained an attorney and that all further communications will come from them.

At that point, they'll look at each other in horror and realize that they can't bulldoze this one like they did all the others. Their plans have hit a serious kink and then there's a commercial because this kind of crap only works on TV.

In reality, a signed statement of gibberish accompanied by the threat of some local yokel lawyer just makes whoever this concerns look silly, just like the person encouraging you to act in this manner. They already have a reasonable idea of what happened by the time an employee is asked to write out a statement. A lack of cooperation does you no good.

59 Dano

Plenty of employees have gotten their job back through the GFT process. I've seen real fear in manager's eyes when I've decided to go ahead with a GFT. And district managers will work with you to get a GFT stopped rather than have it go above them. And I've never seen retaliation for filing a GFT. The company isn't perfect, and yes, the GFT process is self serving to head off potential lawsuits, but if you have a legitimate beef they do take it seriously. Really affects a manager's ability to get promoted depending on the seriousness and can result in a manager getting terminated. Real tough guys can start whimpering like kids if you GFT them.

BINGO! Depending on the nature of the offense and the employee's history, if you take ownership of whatever you did and offer a sincere and contrite apology, the odds are a bit more in your favor. Some people who make these decisions are looking for that and not much else.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
At that point, they'll look at each other in horror and realize that they can't bulldoze this one like they did all the others. Their plans have hit a serious kink and then there's a commercial because this kind of crap only works on TV.

In reality, a signed statement of gibberish accompanied by the threat of some local yokel lawyer just makes whoever this concerns look silly, just like the person encouraging you to act in this manner. They already have a reasonable idea of what happened by the time an employee is asked to write out a statement. A lack of cooperation does you no good.

Nope. The statement is just your opportunity to self incriminate. A lack of cooperation is your best bet to beat a completely rigged GFT system. When you make a statement, Legal will pore over it to see what they can get you on if that's the way they want it to go. And plenty of employees DO self incriminate. You already know that, so quit spreading another lie.

if you're a management pet, chances are good that you'll get a few days off and forfeit your "paid" (never) suspension.

Don't play the GFT game, and do your best to turn it around on them. Just say "lawyer" and "communicate with them". If you don't have one, pay one $150-$200 to write you a general letter that you've contacted them about your "case". When you talk with the attorney, make sure to ask them how to respond to FedEx. My guess is non-cooperation. Actually retaining a lawyer is expensive, but FedEx doesn't need to know you're spoofing. Play it like you're going to sue them if they fire you. One caveat. If you've really done something bad and obviously a termination offense, don't bother. Just resign.

If you had been my manager, our station would have figured out some way to get rid of you.

Still praying here.

Last edited:

vantexan

Nope. The statement is just your opportunity to self incriminate. A lack of cooperation is your best bet to beat a completely rigged GFT system. When you make a statement, Legal will pore over it to see what they can get you on if that's the way they want it to go. And plenty of employees DO self incriminate. You already know that, so quit spreading another lie.

if you're a management pet, chances are good that you'll get a few days off and forfeit your "paid" (never) suspension.

Don't play the GFT game, and do your best to turn it around on them. Just say "lawyer" and "communicate with them". If you don't have one, pay one $150-$200 to write you a general letter that you've contacted them about your "case". When you talk with the attorney, make sure to ask them how to respond to FedEx. My guess is non-cooperation. Actually retaining a lawyer is expensive, but FedEx doesn't need to know you're spoofing. Play it like you're going to sue them if they fire you. One caveat. If you've really done something bad and obviously a termination offense, don't bother. Just resign.

If you had been my manager, our station would have figured out some way to get rid of you.

Still praying here.
Something tells me you weren't openly opinionated on the job.

Bingo

Does anyone know how long an investigative suspension can last.Also do they have to tell you what's being investigated?

Thanks
Just hope they are not Democrats,you can be suspended for over 2 years before they realize there was no reason for the investigation

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
BINGO! Depending on the nature of the offense and the employee's history, if you take ownership of whatever you did and offer a sincere and contrite apology, the odds are a bit more in your favor. Some people who make these decisions are looking for that and not much else.
A girl I worked with had a horrible attendance problem. She was regularly late a few days a week and called out a lot. Her manager followed all the proper steps and documentation. She was fired. She filed a GFT, begged for her job and they brought her back. She was good for awhile. She’s still late a lot but now they’re desperate for people to come to work so they overlook it.

59 Dano

ROTFLMAO!!! Legal rarely sees employee statements because legal rarely has any reason to be involved. Stop being such a drama biznitch.

Don't play the GFT game, and do your best to turn it around on them. Just say "lawyer" and "communicate with them". If you don't have one, pay one $150-$200 to write you a general letter that you've contacted them about your "case". When you talk with the attorney, make sure to ask them how to respond to FedEx. My guess is non-cooperation. Actually retaining a lawyer is expensive, but FedEx doesn't need to know you're spoofing. Play it like you're going to sue them if they fire you.

And, just like on TV, the corporate legal team that has a budget that runs in the millions of dollars is going to tremble at the threat of Cletus Fustersnunk Esq. who moonlights at Domino's.

Yeah, heard it all before. Just like Kaep: drama, drama, drama with nothing to back it up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
ROTFLMAO!!! Legal rarely sees employee statements because legal rarely has any reason to be involved. Stop being such a drama biznitch.

And, just like on TV, the corporate legal team that has a budget that runs in the millions of dollars is going to tremble at the threat of Cletus Fustersnunk Esq. who moonlights at Domino's.

Yeah, heard it all before. Just like Kaep: drama, drama, drama with nothing to back it up.

OK, genius. Please tell me that GFT is completely fair and unbiased. You can't, unless you lie, which comes naturally as a manager. Legal and HR are joined like Siamese twins. I'm gone, so maybe under the current short staff conditions you can cut your managers throat and still have a job. Maybe not.

Weingarten Rights are the true GFT process, and FedEx doesn't have them.

CK is right. The drama is from the NFL and all of the owners afraid to sign a player that will PO the Trump crowd. He'd be a starter on at least half the teams.

floridays

A girl I worked with had a horrible attendance problem. She was regularly late a few days a week and called out a lot. Her manager followed all the proper steps and documentation. She was fired. She filed a GFT, begged for her job and they brought her back. She was good for awhile. She’s still late a lot but now they’re desperate for people to come to work so they overlook it.
Always a female:lol::drool:

Just messin with you needs. Take care Young Lady:thumbup1:.

floridays

Beyond that the term "at will" comes to my mind.
Some kids may need to keep their noses clean and stop poking the hornet's nest.

Just a thought.

59 Dano

OK, genius. Please tell me that GFT is completely fair and unbiased. You can't, unless you lie, which comes naturally as a manager. Legal and HR are joined like Siamese twins. I'm gone, so maybe under the current short staff conditions you can cut your managers throat and still have a job. Maybe not.

It's fair and unbiased. Just because yours blew up in your face doesn't mean that it doesn't work for decent, intelligent people.

Maybe you shouldn't have written your communications in crayon.

CK is right. The drama is from the NFL and all of the owners afraid to sign a player that will PO the Trump crowd. He'd be a starter on at least half the teams.

I don't think half the teams are really eager for a QB with accuracy issues who went 1-10 in his last season. Maybe someday the point of the NFL will be to PO the Trump crowd impress dumb SJWs who don't understand anything about football. Right now, though, the point is to win games and make money.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's fair and unbiased. Just because yours blew up in your face doesn't mean that it doesn't work for decent, intelligent people.

Maybe you shouldn't have written your communications in crayon.

I don't think half the teams are really eager for a QB with accuracy issues who went 1-10 in his last season. Maybe someday the point of the NFL will be to PO the Trump crowd impress dumb SJWs who don't understand anything about football. Right now, though, the point is to win games and make money.

"Fair and unbiased". That's a bold-faced lie. Compare the Weingarten Law to the GFT, which really isn't valid because one is a kangaroo court and the other a legitimate means of worker representation.

The Weingarten Law simply means you have the right to have your UNION shop steward with you when management attempts to discipline you. Hopefully, your person is up on all policies and procedures and can use the power of the union to see that everything is legitimate.

At FedEx, it's basically you vs. the entire company of managers,HR reps, and Legal, who will stick together like glue and make sure you are gone if they want you gone. I've seen good employees sent packing for things that were very minor violations of policy or just plain invented by management in order to eliminate them. A completely rigged and unfair system.

From a management perspective, it's great, because management holds all the cards, unless you get an attorney, which is your ace in the hole, especially if they're making something up. Always remember it is you vs. the entire management structure, unless you get smart and get representation.

As always, if you did something obviously terminable, none of this applies. There are definitely people who deserve to be fired, and the GFT has actually saved some of these individuals, usually because they are playing the race card or have something on management.

And, no, Dano, I never had to use GFT. I always had something on management and they knew it. Besides, I was a really excellent employee, so there wasn't any reason to discipline me. But, after seeing what others had gone through, I always had evidence of falsification, affairs with couriers, drug use etc. that was my insurance policy.

CK is a victim of politics. He's good enough to start for most NFL teams and could be a #2 for any of them. No owner wants to piss-off the Trumpers who think CK is "un-American", when he's really a bigger patriot than any of them.

Fred's calling. He's running low on caviar.

59 Dano

"Fair and unbiased". That's a bold-faced lie. Compare the Weingarten Law to the GFT, which really isn't valid because one is a kangaroo court and the other a legitimate means of worker representation.

The Weingarten Law simply means you have the right to have your UNION shop steward with you when management attempts to discipline you. Hopefully, your person is up on all policies and procedures and can use the power of the union to see that everything is legitimate.

At FedEx, it's basically you vs. the entire company of managers,HR reps, and Legal, who will stick together like glue and make sure you are gone if they want you gone. I've seen good employees sent packing for things that were very minor violations of policy or just plain invented by management in order to eliminate them. A completely rigged and unfair system.

But of course!

From a management perspective, it's great, because management holds all the cards, unless you get an attorney, which is your ace in the hole, especially if they're making something up. Always remember it is you vs. the entire management structure, unless you get smart and get representation.

LOL!!

And, no, Dano, I never had to use GFT. I always had something on management and they knew it. Besides, I was a really excellent employee, so there wasn't any reason to discipline me. But, after seeing what others had gone through, I always had evidence of falsification, affairs with couriers, drug use etc. that was my insurance policy.

"I'm too smart and I was an exemplary employee" is the mantra of the liar. Also interesting is that you had all this evidence of serious malfeasance by managers, yet you did nothing about it. WAIT, let me guess... you didn't want to needlessly jeopardize your career, and they knew not to mess with you and so they didn't.

CK is a victim of politics. He's good enough to start for most NFL teams and could be a #2 for any of them. No owner wants to piss-off the Trumpers who think CK is "un-American", when he's really a bigger patriot than any of them.

"Good enough to start for most NFL teams"? How do you figure that? He hasn't taken a snap in the 3 years he was benched for Blaine Gabbert. You know as much about football as you do anything else - very little.

Fred's calling. He's running low on caviar.

Don't just stand there, son... FETCH.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But of course!

LOL!!

"I'm too smart and I was an exemplary employee" is the mantra of the liar. Also interesting is that you had all this evidence of serious malfeasance by managers, yet you did nothing about it. WAIT, let me guess... you didn't want to needlessly jeopardize your career, and they knew not to mess with you and so they didn't.

"Good enough to start for most NFL teams"? How do you figure that? He hasn't taken a snap in the 3 years he was benched for Blaine Gabbert. You know as much about football as you do anything else - very little.

Don't just stand there, son... FETCH.

Always an exemplary employee. Even though I disagreed with the way the company was run, I always did my job to the best of my ability. Zero accidents and over 25 years, with many, many BZs and awards. One of the big reasons I had dirt on managers is that I ran reports, knew who was falsifying them, and always had an inside track on station operations in terms of who was screwing who, who was suspected of theft etc. It isn't hard to build a "dossier" at FedEx.

The GFT is supposed to be a "fair and unbiased" system. It is anything but that, and a poor substitute for Weingarten Rights.

CK is a much better QB than many current starters. Your politics won't allow you to admit that.

I don't fetch, I throw. Go fetch Fred his polish and start rubbing, boy.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Always an exemplary employee. Even though I disagreed with the way the company was run, I always did my job to the best of my ability. Zero accidents and over 25 years, with many, many BZs and awards. One of the big reasons I had dirt on managers is that I ran reports, knew who was falsifying them, and always had an inside track on station operations in terms of who was screwing who, who was suspected of theft etc. It isn't hard to build a "dossier" at FedEx.

The GFT is supposed to be a "fair and unbiased" system. It is anything but that, and a poor substitute for Weingarten Rights.

CK is a much better QB than many current starters. Your politics won't allow you to admit that.

I don't fetch, I throw. Go fetch Fred his polish and start rubbing, boy.
Sounds amazingly like blackmail, you icon of righteousness, you!

59 Dano

Always an exemplary employee. Even though I disagreed with the way the company was run, I always did my job to the best of my ability. Zero accidents and over 25 years, with many, many BZs and awards.

Of course. Every nutjob black helicopter foil hat bomb-tossing malcontent is a perfect employee.

One of the big reasons I had dirt on managers is that I ran reports, knew who was falsifying them, and always had an inside track on station operations in terms of who was screwing who, who was suspected of theft etc. It isn't hard to build a "dossier" at FedEx.

It's pretty hard to reconcile "Management is corrupt and dishonest and criminal and nothing is done about it" with "I had all the proof in the world and did nothing about it." For someone who fancies himself as a genius, your decisions make absolutely no sense and neither does your narrative.

Name 5 week 12 starters who aren't as good as CK. You should be able to post them off the top of your head if you really believe that. And I'll tell you why they're not any worse than him.

59 Dano

Sounds amazingly like blackmail, you icon of righteousness, you!

"I am so righteous!" "I have assembled a dossier to use for blackmail!"
"I am a highly decorated employee!" "They mistreat me!"
"I demand that management be held accountable for its actions!" "I refuse to do anything about it!"

He's got a knack for contradicting himself and making excuses.