Investigate Suspension

fedexnyc

Does anyone know how long an investigative suspension can last.Also do they have to tell you what's being investigated?

Thanks

Star B

White Lightening
it depends how complex it is. i've seen them as short as a day and as long as a few weeks. what did you do?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Does anyone know how long an investigative suspension can last.Also do they have to tell you what's being investigated?

Thanks

It will last as long as they need it to last. If you're being investigated then you probably already know what's being investigated.

bacha29

Thanks
The company has it's own little gestapo. It's own little goon squad made up of well compensated people including ex cops. Now do you really think that they will go out of their way to gather all the facts in an unbiased manner including the facts that could absolve you? Most importantly, what investigative resources do you have working for you that could make certain that the investigation is thorough and unbiased? Rest assured that they will gather only enough facts and evidence to support the company's side of the story.

XEQaF

They will draw this out as long as possible and you won't get an answer from anyone. They won't even document in writing to you why they are disqualifying YOUR driver. They will leave you in a pinch during peak so that when you fail because you don't have your experienced driver working during this time, it will be blamed on you and yet another service failure to your record. Games I tell ya games!

bacha29

Like a GFT hearing? "Grounds For Termination?"
GFT Guaranteed Fu*#ked Totally. This is the problem with a nonunion shop. Access to due process of law is so heavily suppressed to the point that today there isn't any due process.. Much the same at Ground. Yes you the contractor can try to take them to arbitration if you wanted to but guess who reserved the exclusive right to pick the people who will sit on the arbitration board? Furthermore given the 100% certainty that you're going to lose you get to experience the unique pleasure of paying the arbitrators X so kindly picked for you.

Moreover if you work for a Ground contractor in addition to having to fulfill not one but two profit plans leaving nothing left for you the guy who's doing the company's dirty work that individual who is officially listed as your employer can do nothing to defend you without putting his own economic well being in peril.

So if you're a contractor or a contractor wanna be it's a question of how much money you're willing to place at risk in the face of having no means to defend, preserve and protect your equity .

59 Dano

The company has it's own little gestapo. It's own little goon squad made up of well compensated people including ex cops. Now do you really think that they will go out of their way to gather all the facts in an unbiased manner including the facts that could absolve you? Most importantly, what investigative resources do you have working for you that could make certain that the investigation is thorough and unbiased? Rest assured that they will gather only enough facts and evidence to support the company's side of the story.

Most of what needs to be investigated in Express investigations can be accessed by an ops manager on his computer.

bacha29

Most of what needs to be investigated in Express investigations can be accessed by an ops manager on his computer.
Including the findings of it's obviously biased investigation and lost prevention department and once they find and or fabricate enough evidence to support the company's point of view, case closed . So don't insult my intelligence by trying to tell me that they are fully committed to an objective and completely unbiased pursuit of all the facts.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That's the lazy man's way of handling an investigation. Then again most managers are trained to hide behind computers all day. Sure there's some computer work to be done but your theory is probably one of some manager emailing the district manager all the accusations with little or no defense for the employee so they can hang him and then case closed.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Thanks

Depends on how much management likes you. They are supposed to tell you. Did you write a statement??

Never write anything on the statement but your name or the same word or phrase repeated until you run out of time. If you want your job, tell them you've retained an attorney and that all further communications will come from them.

If you actually did it, just quit and find another job, which is what you should probably do regardless.

vantexan

Including the findings of it's obviously biased investigation and lost prevention department and once they find and or fabricate enough evidence to support the company's point of view, case closed . So don't insult my intelligence by trying to tell me that they are fully committed to an objective and completely unbiased pursuit of all the facts.
Plenty of employees have gotten their job back through the GFT process. I've seen real fear in manager's eyes when I've decided to go ahead with a GFT. And district managers will work with you to get a GFT stopped rather than have it go above them. And I've never seen retaliation for filing a GFT. The company isn't perfect, and yes, the GFT process is self serving to head off potential lawsuits, but if you have a legitimate beef they do take it seriously. Really affects a manager's ability to get promoted depending on the seriousness and can result in a manager getting terminated. Real tough guys can start whimpering like kids if you GFT them.

59 Dano

And your experience with Express investigations is...?

59 Dano

That's the lazy man's way of handling an investigation. Then again most managers are trained to hide behind computers all day. Sure there's some computer work to be done but your theory is probably one of some manager emailing the district manager all the accusations with little or no defense for the employee so they can hang him and then case closed.

Nope. Thanks for playing.