Is 804 ever going to vote?

Needabiggerhammer

You guys decided to turn UPS into a career.
I don't think you should be talking about intelligence or education lol.

Double that and you'll be getting into the ballpark of what I'll be at before I'm 30. Feeling dumb yet? Think about changing your name to Peanuthead.

It's not about the money.
It's about the principle.

You're mad about a $500 retro check for your part time job yet concretely projecting yourself to be earning $160,000 a year before you're 30? Or are you saying you'll have the savings and investments and retirement income to live on $160,000 a year until you're 85 before you're 30?

I'm pretty sure @Bubblehead is talking about facts and you're talking about the dream you had where you were a Disney princess.

browned out

Did you 804 brothers and sisters receive clarification on bumping rights?

As it stands; UPS could lay massive amounts of RPCDs off on M and T. With no contractual remedy or right for those laid off RPCDs to follow their work to a Sat and/or Sun. Look to the NORCAL supplement for guidance.

Until this imperative language is written in.....The 804 supplement is A NO GO. Vote that CaCa down.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Browned out..
And where is it that you have discovered RPCD's to be laid off.
Oh the hysteria.

1100.jpg

The sky is falling....

Elvis

Forty and out
Retired the end of January at age 62 after 40 yrs. all teamster. Pension is $5023/mo. This month I'll start paying for insurance for my wife and I under COBRA which will cost $1690/mo. I'll pick up the retiree insurance plan in about a year which will be less per month, but no optical or dental and more out of pocket. At 65 I'll pay much less for Medicare. I'll start SS at 66 and 4 mo., should be about $3000/mo. by then. Have about $1,000,000 in 401K, Roths and UPS stock to hold me over till then and beyond. Looking forward to that retro check. Working at UPS wasn't all bad.

Last edited:

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Retired the end of January at age 62 after 40 yrs. all teamster. Pension is $5023/mo. This month I'll start paying for insurance for my wife and I under COBRA which will cost $1690/mo. I'll pick up the retiree insurance plan in about a year which will be less per month, but no optical or dental and more out of pocket. At 65 I'll pay much less for Medicare. I'll start SS at 66 and 4 mo., should be about $3000/mo. by then. Have about $1,000,000 in 401K, Roths and UPS stock to hold me over till then and beyond. Looking forward to that retro check. Working at UPS wasn't all bad.
Great responsibility, good planning. Your kids will burn through it in 2 months when you kick the bucket

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
56811405_2165267246892908_1661323668266942464_o.jpg

Wow.

31% voter turnout.

How about that electronic voting with BallotPoint ?

Make it so easy.... and members still don't vote.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Wow....

31% voter turnout.
You say it like you are surprised....as if it is something new, rather than a slow, documented phenomenon over decades???

I know you see it as a "membership issue", but to me there is clearly many more layers to that onion, with plenty of opportunities to point fingers in multiple directions.

It's far too easy and convenient for "BigUnionGuys" to shrug it all off as a "they don't vote" problem....and even if that is all it is, who should be tasked to fix it???

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You say it like you are surprised....as if it is something new, rather than a slow, documented phenomenon over decades???

I was surprised.

When I heard the approval rating was almost 80%, I assumed that Local was

happy with their newly elected officials and voted accordingly.

I know you see it as a "membership issue", but to me there is clearly many more layers to that onion, with plenty of opportunities to point fingers in multiple directions.

You and I, can probably agree on most issues.

This one.... we will be polar opposites.

It's far too easy and convenient for "BigUnionGuys" to shrug it all off as a "they don't vote" problem....and even if that is all it is, who should be tasked to fix it???

I could quote several colloquial euphemisms to try and make a point.

The problem stems from a more basic societal problem.

A Local should make an assertive effort, to try and educate the membership.

But, without a positive response and input from the membership....

when does it become "cost prohibitive" to do so ?

-Bug-