Is 804 ever going to vote?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A paid grievance (in this particular case) sounds like a set precedent to me.
Nope, the signed off grievance will read:

"Based on the facts presented, in this instance case, no precedence set"

.....which to me seems like it should be the BA's option to say "no deal"???

BlackCat

I know I am playing word gymnastics here but for the sake of arguement, if you brought the same exact grievence up, I would think they would have to pay out the grievance based on past precedence.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I know I am playing word gymnastics here but for the sake of arguement, if you brought the same exact grievence up, I would think they would have to pay out the grievance based on past precedence.
I have a lot of experience with air driver grievances, and without a doubt, the Company is always trying to move the goal posts, while seldom settling without those magic words:

"Based on the facts presented, in this instance case, no precedence set".

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
They need to hurry up and get this crap sorted out.
It's April for Christ's sake.
People have negotiated international peace treaties faster than this horse :censored2:.
What exactly are they even doing?
You do realize that we still have to wait for 243 and western Pennsylvania to renegotiate and vote on their supplements right? You will be waiting a lot longer then April!

BiggieBrown

You do realize that we still have to wait for 243 and western Pennsylvania to renegotiate and vote on their supplements right? You will be waiting a lot longer then April!

Perhaps.
But at the end of the day the master is what it is and no amount of childish holding out from a few rouge locals can change that.
My prediction? They'll continue their hysterical posturing, show everyone that they aren't voting in good faith, and union leadership will be forced to lay down the law.
Then I'll get my retro check and move onto greener pastures while you'll still be stuck here with your :censored2:ty contract lmao.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Perhaps.
But at the end of the day the master is what it is and no amount of childish holding out from a few rouge locals can change that.
My prediction? They'll continue their hysterical posturing, show everyone that they aren't voting in good faith, and union leadership will be forced to lay down the law.
Then I'll get my retro check and move onto greener pastures while you'll still be stuck here with your :censored2:ty contract lmao.
You mean me retiring with a pension that pays 4000 a month until I die while you are working at Walmart? Yeah good luck with that, yeah maybe I will run into you as a greeter and ask how those greener pastures are treating you:happy:.

F

Frankie's Friend

Perhaps.
And, sad to say, the companies who make Puffs, Keenex, and Midol will see their profits wane when you finally get your $1400 and quit.

Yikes.

stray

Perhaps.

As a member in Western PA, I want to ask what you're referring to when you say "childish" & "hysterical posturing"? My guess is, you don't have any idea what you're talking about. If you did, you'd know that it was UPS who was complicit in regressive bargaining on our second supplement. Why not just move on to whatever pasture you're referring to now so you can start rolling around in the :censored2: you'll inevitably find yourself in there and stop crying here. I'd suggest donating your retro check to the local homeless shelter, it may pay dividends for you in the coming years...

BTW, wtf is a rouge local?!?! I think even Walmart requires more than a fourth grade education to be a greeter.

11NSCs1
MjAxMy1jZTZkZjRmY2U2ZGYwYmU1.png

Inthegame

As a member in Western PA, I want to ask what you're referring to when you say "childish" & "hysterical posturing"? My guess is, you don't have any idea what you're talking about. If you did, you'd know that it was UPS who was complicit in regressive bargaining on our second supplement. Why not just move on to whatever pasture you're referring to now so you can start rolling around in the :censored2: you'll inevitably find yourself in there and stop crying here. I'd suggest donating your retro check to the local homeless shelter, it may pay dividends for you in the coming years...

BTW, wtf is a rouge local?!?! I think even Walmart requires more than a fourth grade education to be a greeter.

11NSCs1
C'mon now be nice...he's just another rouge poster.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I understand the sentiment....

But, what BA is going to cost their Local a couple grand in attorney fee's to

arbitrate it when the company agreed to pay it ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My guess is, you don't have any idea what you're talking about. If you did, you'd know that it was UPS who was complicit in regressive bargaining on our second supplement.

When you say the company was "complicit" in regressive bargaining, is that to

say.... that the Union was also ? I hope not.

I thought it was the company that simply took items off the table.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I understand the sentiment....

But, what BA is going to cost their Local a couple grand in attorney fee's to

arbitrate it when the company agreed to pay it ?
How much money would you say was spent in order to get it deadlocked at the National Panel???

Seems like the additional cost would be money well spent in addition if a "precedence" were set going forward,

....that could pay dividends exponentially across the entire IBT membership and it's subordinate bodies.

It was never about the $54, while much more money was spent processing the grievance.

Yet in the end, that's all you came away with....$54.

You had them right where you wanted them, then let 'em off of the hook.

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How much money would you say was spent in order to get it deadlocked at the National Panel ?

Good question.

Not as much as arbitration would have cost.

Seems like the additional cost would be money well spent in addition if a "precedence" were set going forward

Arbitration cases don't set precedent.

I found that out at the National Panel.... on an ADA case.

How much money would you say was spent in order to get it deadlocked at the National Panel???

Seems like the additional cost would be money well spent in addition if a "precedence" were set going forward,

....that could pay dividends exponentially across the entire IBT membership and it's subordinate bodies going forward.

It was never about the $54, while much more money spent processing the grievance.

Yet in the end, that's all you came away with....$54.

Still a win.... :biggrin:

You had them right where you wanted them, then let 'em off of the hook.

Wasn't my call to make.

What the principal officer of the Local says.... goes.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Check your mailbox! Your ballot to vote on the Local 804 Supplement was mailed to you on March 26.
Ballots must be cast by 12 noon April 9th
Votes will be counted at 4 PM April 9th

Your Local 804 Executive Board and Negotiating Committee unanimously recommends that you Vote Yes to ratify the new contract which includes improvements and protections that benefit every UPS Teamster in Local 804.

Guidelines for the implementation of hybrid drivers in the 22.4 classification.
22.4 shall NOT perform feeder, shifter, porter, cashier, clerk or car washer work

Sunday work at double-time offered in seniority order.

Restoration of coffee pay bonus on January 1, 2021 regardless of pension funding level.

110 full-time combo jobs in the 22.3 classification

$400 pension increase retroactive to August 1, 2018.

An additional 75¢ pension fund contribution for every hour worked (up to 40 hours) by every full-timer for every future year, regardless of pension funding level.

Restriction of cardinal sin with addition of “An employee’s failure to accurately recall details during an investigatory interview shall not by itself be considered dishonesty.” This combined with new article 6 language in the National Master Agreement and stepped up Article 4 enforcement will finally rein in the company's “dishonesty” abuse.

Expedited contract panel hearings.

20 additional jobs in the porter and car wash classification.