Is 804 ever going to vote?

stray

You do realize that we still have to wait for 243 and western Pennsylvania to renegotiate and vote on their supplements right? You will be waiting a lot longer then April!

Not necessarily, Western PA will be voting April 6th. Not sure about 243...

When you say the company was "complicit" in regressive bargaining, is that to

say.... that the Union was also ? I hope not.

I thought it was the company that simply took items off the table.

Complicit in the same sense that a father would be complicit to a violent act if his children were attacked on the subway and he was forced to crack some skulls. When the first supplement got voted down, UPS pulled everything that was beneficial to the members off the table. Our negotiating committee took 4/10s away at that point. From then on, UPS would only entertain agreeing to MOUs from 2008 & 2013, no new TAs. We will know what is in the 3rd & final offer Monday, feeling optimistic. Thank you to all who have supported us.

stray

So is this a better offer? I haven't heard anything from you guys about it.

Sorry just saw the last sentence :)

Nevermind

Well, it's kind of shady. The IBT is handling everything and they are only giving us the minimum 5 days to actually see what we're voting on. And, it's going to be be by paper ballot, in person, on a Saturday, miles away from our hub. So, it will be highly unlikely that we get the turnout we did last vote. So, we'll see what happens Monday and I bet you'll be hearing a lot more depending on the offer. But, even with all of that, I'm glad they didn't attempt to force the horrible 2nd offer on us. I strongly believe UPS was expecting them to do just that. Again, I want to express my gratitude to the members that supported us (and Local 243) and the VPs and members of the GEB that still believe in what a union should be. I really want to see this as a win for Labor.

542thruNthru

Well, it's kind of shady. The IBT is handling everything and they are only giving us the minimum 5 days to actually see what we're voting on. And, it's going to be be by paper ballot, in person, on a Saturday, miles away from our hub. So, it will be highly unlikely that we get the turnout we did last vote. So, we'll see what happens Monday and I bet you'll be hearing a lot more depending on the offer. But, even with all of that, I'm glad they didn't attempt to force the horrible 2nd offer on us. I strongly believe UPS was expecting them to do just that. Again, I want to express my gratitude to the members that supported us (and Local 243) and the VPs and members of the GEB that still believe in what a union should be. I really want to see this as a win for Labor.

5 days to read the contract and then a in person paper ballot. Yeah that's a bunch of BS!

They are trying to save face and are doing what they can to make sure it passes so they dont have to impose it.

stray

Yikes!!!!

Are you saying that 4 ten hour work days (for straight time) was voted on in the previous contract offers?

We've had language in our supplement for a while saying that UPS can do that with the consent of the Local. They have not consented until this (first) supplement offer (4/10 workweek only in feeders). UPS agreed to cover the future pension shortfalls for all full time employees that are taken away from our raises (we've lost $.66/hr as of 8/18) going forward, as well as our negotiating committee worked out a number of provisions on the 4/10s to protect the drivers. This may very well be part of the third offer. Initially, I was totally against the 4/10 workweek but after seeing the language accompanying them, I felt better about accepting them. I know a number of drivers from other areas that have it in their language without any protections.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We've had language in our supplement for a while saying that UPS can do that with the consent of the Local. They have not consented until this (first) supplement offer (4/10 workweek only in feeders). UPS agreed to cover the future pension shortfalls for all full time employees that are taken away from our raises (we've lost $.66/hr as of 8/18) going forward, as well as our negotiating committee worked out a number of provisions on the 4/10s to protect the drivers. This may very well be part of the third offer. Initially, I was totally against the 4/10 workweek but after seeing the language accompanying them, I felt better about accepting them. I know a number of drivers from other areas that have it in their language without any protections.
Yeah....that would be a big NO vote for me.

....but then again, I don't get a vote.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
And, it's going to be be by paper ballot

WTF?!?!?!

HOW IS THIS NOT TO BE INTERPRETED AS BEING A DETERRENT TO VOTING WHEN THE IBT HAS SHOUTED AT THE ROOF-TOPS THAT THEY HAVE MADE THIS CONTRACT VOTE AS EASY AS POSSIBLE IN ORDER TO "GET OUT THE VOTE"?????

Last edited:

542thruNthru

I hope you fall in a train track and It severs your head.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

BiggieBrown

Funny your PT and still cant make half that a month but yet make insults even at PT pay. Boy you are stupid!

As a member in Western PA, I want to ask what you're referring to when you say "childish" & "hysterical posturing"? My guess is, you don't have any idea what you're talking about. If you did, you'd know that it was UPS who was complicit in regressive bargaining on our second supplement. Why not just move on to whatever pasture you're referring to now so you can start rolling around in the :censored2: you'll inevitably find yourself in there and stop crying here. I'd suggest donating your retro check to the local homeless shelter, it may pay dividends for you in the coming years...

BTW, wtf is a rouge local?!?! I think even Walmart requires more than a fourth grade education to be a greeter.

11NSCs1
MjAxMy1jZTZkZjRmY2U2ZGYwYmU1.png

You guys decided to turn UPS into a career.
I don't think you should be talking about intelligence or education lol.

That amount coupled with Social Security and my other retirement vehicles has me projected to live on nearly 80k a year starting at age 58 until I'm 85.

How you lookin'...???

Double that and you'll be getting into the ballpark of what I'll be at before I'm 30. Feeling dumb yet? Think about changing your name to Peanuthead.

Says the guy panicking over a $500 retro check

It's not about the money.
It's about the principle.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Better luck next time....

Why better luck? If you are shorted money or underpaid for a job, you ask for the money you are owed unless there is a penalty involved. If the Company pays that amount, the grievance is satisfied and no longer proceeds. Am I missing something? You got what you were entitled to and asked for.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
You guys decided to turn UPS into a career.
I don't think you should be talking about intelligence or education lol.

Double that and you'll be getting into the ballpark of what I'll be at before I'm 30. Feeling dumb yet? Think about changing your name to Peanuthead.

It's not about the money.
It's about the principle.
Yeah you will be making double 8000 a month but decided to go PT at UPS! Your full of :censored2: and know it, please take your retro check and quit and I will be around the drive thru to pick up my big mac in a second.

542thruNthru

Yeah you will be making double 8000 a month but decided to go PT at UPS! Your full of :censored2: and know it, please take your retro check and quit and I will be around the drive thru to pick up my big mac in a second.

Didn't you know everyone makes more then you and will retire a multi millionaire on the internet. :)