Is Amazon delivering in your area yet? If so, has your volume dropped at the hub?

Staydryitsraining

Do i have amazon prime? If you only knew how much i hate that company and the man who runs it. My blood begins to boil everytime i have to deliver one of their packages. Its not healthy and I probably should see someone about it. I havent purchased anything from them in years. Once i found out they were doing delivery and how many people and businesses theyve put under ive purchased zero. I will go out of my way to purchase elsewhere and i try to buy from a retailer that uses ups even if i have to pay more. The closest ive come to an amazon prime account was during peak when i was given a 30 dollar amazon gift card; i gave it to my helper. I dont use amazon, im not a globalist :censored2:. Didnt vote for hillary either
Hell yea brother. No really though bozo is Dr. evil. Killary is Mrs.

Tony Q

Amazon has started delivering in our area. This is mostly noticed on the weekends. Since our city has a couple of Amazon distribution centers - figured this would eventually happen here. Do you think layoffs might be on the horizon with the addition of them delivering? DHL is closing here but they were never a big player.
Expect upwards of about 12% volume decline in your area. Some places in Michigan lost as much as 20%. UPS has some tricks coming up their sleeves as far as increased volume I hear. Once this contract is worked out in a reasonable time frame, volume is expected to explode.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Expect upwards of about 12% volume decline in your area. Some places in Michigan lost as much as 20%. UPS has some tricks coming up their sleeves as far as increased volume I hear. Once this contract is worked out in a reasonable time frame, volume is expected to explode.
Does this have to do with all those recent medication deliveries? UPS seems poised to start doing more pharmacy delivery, courtesy of course to our completely *** private and terribly regulated healthcare market that wastes billions as a whole in order to vet their product and charge insurance hundreds for basic medication. tacking on a shipping fee would be a small drop in the bucket to them.

Tony Q

Does this have to do with all those recent medication deliveries? UPS seems poised to start doing more pharmacy delivery, courtesy of course to our completely *** private and terribly regulated healthcare market that wastes billions as a whole in order to vet their product and charge insurance hundreds for basic medication. tacking on a shipping fee would be a small drop in the bucket to them.
E commerce is going to keep exploding like the price of health care in the last 20 years.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our runner-gunners could work weekends for Amazon to make up some of the money they lost skipping lunch during the week. How much they pay? If they work all weekend, they might make half of that up!

Our runner-gunners could work weekends for Amazon to make up some of the money they lost skipping lunch during the week. How much they pay? If they work all weekend, they might make half of that up!
I’ve heard they pay $75 for a 3 hour block. They give you a few stops that you usually get done in under 2 hours.

If the work is there, you could probably sign up for 4 blocks and be done in 6 hours or less.

JL 0513

I fail to see how Amazon saves money delivering their own crap. Particularly if they're implementing company vans rather than drivers using their own beaters. While Amazon orders hit a lot of homes, it's no where near the density we hit delivering from all shippers. Profitability is very much about density in the delivery business. Seems to me that whatever average rates UPS charges Amazon per package, that cost is a lot less than sending Amazon drivers delivering one stop every 5-10 minutes. This may be a moot point if Amazon is strictly focused on big cities.

A good guy

For here in pheonix, no. We apparently hired more feeder drivers to run amazon cause there is a returns department in our city now.

Liquid Red

Yes, they are delivering in my area (Amazon Logistics). They delivered 15 packages to my porch...NONE of them were mine.
I called them TWICE and they said they would P/U within 2 hours. I ended up delivering them to my neighbor
about 10 houses down the street the next day. They were clueless...:confused2:

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Yes, they are delivering in my area (Amazon Logistics). They delivered 15 packages to my porch...NONE of them were mine.
I called them TWICE and they said they would P/U within 2 hours. I ended up delivering them to my neighbor
about 10 houses down the street the next day. They were clueless...:confused2:

You’re a good neighbor for doing that, but I would’ve been tempted to hold onto those packages for a few days (not keep them) just so Amazon would have to face the consequences.

Box Ox

Just wanted to bump this thread as Amazon Logistics is now delivering in my area. Think their drivers are contracted out and use the Amazon vans that say "Prime" on them.

Anyway, they haven't been able to successfully deliver an order to me yet. Every time an Amazon order rides with them, there's a problem with delivery. Never an issue with UPS or USPS. Today I pull up my "delivered" order on my phone and see a photo of a delivery location that's definitely not my house.

I hate these :censored2:ers with the passion of a thousand fiery suns and hope they fail hard. Total clown force. Any claims that they're in any way a threat to UPS or USPS are a :censored2:ing joke.

Box Ox

Just wait till one of those morons kills a kid. We’ll have strict amazon routes

Swear to God, if I ever see a driver hop out of an AMZL van I’ll fully expect it to be a monkey. I dunno how those dip:censored2:s get out of bed every day given the way they deliver.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ugh, my business contact (subcontractor manager) had the same experience... one of the good things about Amazon is a picture of the delivery point to quickly confirm that's not your front door!

We're upgrading to a powerpad that is similar to theirs soon. No more physical keypad/ all touch screen.

I personally haven't shopped on Amazon for over 9 years now... eBay, express, and recently wish are better options if you're willing to wait for shipping from China (skipping the middle men)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just wanted to bump this thread as Amazon Logistics is now delivering in my area. Think their drivers are contracted out and use the Amazon vans that say "Prime" on them.

Anyway, they haven't been able to successfully deliver an order to me yet. Every time an Amazon order rides with them, there's a problem with delivery. Never an issue with UPS or USPS. Today I pull up my "delivered" order on my phone and see a photo of a delivery location that's definitely not my house.

I hate these :censored2:ers with the passion of a thousand fiery suns and hope they fail hard. Total clown force. Any claims that they're in any way a threat to UPS or USPS are a :censored2:ing joke.
But yet you keep ordering from Amazon...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The last 6 orders to my house have been through their delivery service, no complaints thus far, besides the fact that it isn’t delivered by us.

Sunday delivery has been convenient too