Is Amazon delivering in your area yet? If so, has your volume dropped at the hub?

WTFm8

Amazon has been trucking their smalls between warehouses to reduce shipping costs since 2011, they call it TransArc.

I worked for them Sept 2010-April 2012 and got to see it implemented. They pick the ordered smalls into totes then paletize them and load them into trailers to ship to their other warehouses. Unload and recievers scan them into temporary small sort aisles to be immediately ‘picked’ within hours by outbound to be shipped in traditional ways (UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc).

They also had ArcAngle where they’d do basically the same thing for air packages across the country, they started that like 3-4 years ago.

Box Ox

But yet you keep ordering from Amazon...

Yep. 15 year Prime member and AMZL just recently rolled out in my area. Will have to evaluate going forward. Think Amazon can de-prioritize AMZL as a carrier for specific accounts and/or areas.

Either way, felt my personal experience with the service was pertinent to the thread and forum.

The last 6 orders to my house have been through their delivery service, no complaints thus far, besides the fact that it isn’t delivered by us.

I've had relatively good experiences with Amazon's same-day delivery service that utilizes PVD-type drivers in their own vehicles. The problems only began when the idiots in the AMZL "Prime" vans started rolling through the neighborhood.

Zowert

Had this kid in a white van delivering Amazon along my route. Smug little punk, can’t remember how the conversation lead to it but he said “we are doing the same thing as you only we’re making more money.” He thinks we are paid minimum wage to do what we do. Didn’t have the heart to tell him that I’d be making $41/hr in four years.

wayfair

swollen member
Had this kid in a white van delivering Amazon along my route. Smug little punk, can’t remember how the conversation lead to it but he said “we are doing the same thing as you only we’re making more money.” He thinks we are paid minimum wage to do what we do. Didn’t have the heart to tell him that I’d be making $41/hr in four years.

plus benefits...

reginald95

Had some guy pop in one of my apt buildings with like 10 packages in hand while i just delivered one myself. It is what it is.