Is big brother UPS watching?

Driver7906

Corner of a delivery notice stuck over the lens. Just be careful and do not let management see you doing it.

I do the same thing just in case it is a camera. I'm not sure if it is or not. If management talks to me about it (which they haven't yet and it's been at least a year) I'll stop doing it but until then I will continue to do as I have been. It's just an uneasy feeling to me being under surveillance while I do my job.

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
I have been asked this a million times. The thing is, if it was a camera, wouldn't you get in trouble for covering it up? It's for a remote control on a multiple camera system (blind spot cameras on an RV). That being said, I think you will start seeing cameras in Feeders in the near future. Lots of over the road companies have them for liability purposes.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It's not a matter of being worried. I was simply asking a question because I have never seen this before and wanted to know what it was
To answer the original post-its not a camera it is a light sensor that is supposed to adjust the brightness of the monitor. All the LCD monitors in our trucks have these taped over because even on the lowest setting they are too bright at night. My truck still has one of the old CRT monitors in it and I pray it stays alive until I retire because the new LCD monitors are functionally useless after dark and they are so bright that they impair my night vision.

CHALLY9TX

To answer the original post-its not a camera it is a light sensor that is supposed to adjust the brightness of the monitor. All the LCD monitors in our trucks have these taped over because even on the lowest setting they are too bright at night. My truck still has one of the old CRT monitors in it and I pray it stays alive until I retire because the new LCD monitors are functionally useless after dark and they are so bright that they impair my night vision.

This is exactly what some drivers do because the auto adjust is horrible. Covering up the sensor gives you a better picture. I disagree about the crt monitors. The new ones are better, you just have to fine tune it.

soberups

This is exactly what some drivers do because the auto adjust is horrible. Covering up the sensor gives you a better picture. I disagree about the crt monitors. The new ones are better, you just have to fine tune it.
If my truck gets pulled for repairs and I wind up in a spare with an LCD monitor, I either have to unplug it once it gets dark or else tape a piece of thick paper over the entire screen because it is so damn bright even on the lowest setting that it ruins my night vision and becomes a safety hazard. And on the ones I have used, once it gets dark the picture quality is so distorted and poor that it would be useless even if I didnt unplug it or cover it up. The 12 yr old CRT monitor in my car has a much clearer picture than any LCD I have ever seen and at night I can dim it down so low that the screen is black until I shift into reverse and the backup lights come on.

soberups

The cameras you can see are not the ones you should be worrying about.
Since I am honest and do my job the way I am supposed to, the only thing a camera will ever do is to vindicate me if I am ever falsely accused of wrongdoing.