Is big brother UPS watching?

BUCN85

To answer the original post-its not a camera it is a light sensor that is supposed to adjust the brightness of the monitor. All the LCD monitors in our trucks have these taped over because even on the lowest setting they are too bright at night. My truck still has one of the old CRT monitors in it and I pray it stays alive until I retire because the new LCD monitors are functionally useless after dark and they are so bright that they impair my night vision.
Thank you for the normal response

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
How do you think Corporate would feel about the way you interact with animals on your delivery route?
I think Corporate would appreciate the fact that I have never filed an injury report for a dog bite...or an accident report for running one over...in 27 years of driving.

S

selfcancelsignal

This is exactly what some drivers do because the auto adjust is horrible. Covering up the sensor gives you a better picture. I disagree about the crt monitors. The new ones are better, you just have to fine tune it.
I'm more concerned about the loud :censored2: beeping flashers the mechanic just replaced the faulty ones on my PC with. Thanks to that, I no longer use the flashers or turn signal unless I absolutely have to.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
If my truck gets pulled for repairs and I wind up in a spare with an LCD monitor, I either have to unplug it once it gets dark or else tape a piece of thick paper over the entire screen because it is so damn bright even on the lowest setting that it ruins my night vision and becomes a safety hazard. And on the ones I have used, once it gets dark the picture quality is so distorted and poor that it would be useless even if I didnt unplug it or cover it up. The 12 yr old CRT monitor in my car has a much clearer picture than any LCD I have ever seen and at night I can dim it down so low that the screen is black until I shift into reverse and the backup lights come on.
The CRTs are being phased out. LCDs are you can get from MDC these days. The ones coming in the new cars have the volume fixed.

oldngray

nowhere special
I always turned down the volume on my CRT monitor. All it did was uselessly amplify truck noise when backing. I never could hear anything else and it was just a distraction. And I also turned the brightness way down at night.