Is Doing Ups Delivery Driving Worth The Money ?

Foamer Pyle

I sleep well at night, sorry to hear you're stressed out. If you follow the methods and avoid stupid & incriminating actions you shouldn't care who's watching
Just that mere fact that this company sends supervisors out every day to spy on employees, shows that they are out to get people on a daily basis. You are under the belief that if you do everything by the book that you are okay. I have seen this company attack and try and set up good employees many times over my 26 years of service. They will blame you for a hit while parked, attack a person if they are injured on the job, question you why you made a turn at an intersection, instead of going in a different direction. You haven't had the pleasure of experiencing any of this yet. Hopefully you never will, but the odds are against you, even if you are one of those management suck up types that runs stops off. Never Drink the Kool-Aid.

nystripe96

I've had safety rides, OJS and had run ins with LP. I've seen quite a bit & heard from a lot of senior guys. My stance is if you don't give management reasons to attack you then you likely will have a successful long career unharassed. I take every day with a grain of salt & don't let the higher ups bother me. I'm not goodie goodie with anybody. I come to work, do my job, go home & sleep like a baby. If tomorrow brings me lemons, so be it I'll move on with my life

Rainman

Its all good.
I think it is if you have no ambitions in life and can't find anything else to do. Just 4 months at ups and it has me reevaluating my life and where I went so wrong. Ups is like a black hole that leads nowhere trying to suck you in with their benefit package and once you're in thats it tomorrow you look in the mirror and you're 55 with a wrinkled face and grey hair then ur dead.
What's wrong with being 55, grey, & wrinkled? I think I pull it off quite well.

iDontWorkAtUps

Idk my driver kinda made me think like this because he started driving when he was 18 now he's 50 and doesn't have much to show for it but finger grip like a tigers claw and horrible back spasms. If I were u I would put those degrees to good use and do something less physical with equal or better pay like an X-ray technician or something but to each his own.
Cant drive until your 21? And if you drove for 32 years and you dont have enough money to retire it sounds like someone shouldve put money in there 401k :)