My Daughter applied for a UPS job....

El Correcto

god is dead
If I had a leftist child we would be filling out sweat shop applications in China for their 16th birthday. Good luck with the Revolution comrade, enjoy your left wing paradise.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It's not free insurance anymore (at least in the Central).....prior to 2018 it was, but it's now $200 a year (or $100 for individuals) in the form of deductibles...that was a Hoffa giveback that started in 2018 and continued in the "best contract ever."

While the equivalent of $16.67 a month ($200/12 months) isn't anywhere near what other companies charge employees: it still is an added healthcare expense that once given away in contract negotiations isn't going back to the way it was. Even Teamcare is a give back compared to the old, old plan.

What's worse is the one punch per week to keep healthcare that was kept secret and lied about by union leadership. It screwed me [when UPS canceled my vacation week due to "business conditions" (supervisors couldn't do basic addition as to how many employees and how many vacation weeks were allowed and I was low on seniority totem-pole). They still paid me for it because it was "in the system" and let me reschedule it later, but coded it as unpaid time off despite me bringing the insurance issue to their attention weeks in advance--sure enough had to see a provider that week and came back rejected. Appealed and was taken care of, but what a massive waste of time it took to get corrected.].

I got booted out of Teamcare last year after being coded wrong on a switched Vacation week, got a real nice professional letter from the corporate heartless souls stating that I had to pay over 400 dollars to cover their missing weekly payment. It was during the week that I had to take my wife in for an expensive surgery, they denied the claim.

I finally got it settled after documenting and burning an option day, when I called the Teamcare Representative I asked him whether this was an isolated event and he stated that it happens all the time. I been with this company for over 40 + years and this was the first time were I had a real expensive claim denied, what burns me up is that there was no effort or procedures set up in place to correct this problem, no they just sent the letter 3 weeks after the procedure knowing that I was back on their insurance that following week....:overreactsmiley:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I am by far the fattest person at ups by a large margin
392CA59C-5AD8-4F78-BB9E-CB91C33A8084.gif

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
My 30 yo daughter is an elementary school teacher. 1st grade currently....has taught through 4th. B Science and Master of Education. She's bright and capable. Loves teaching....can't deal with Admin and trying to teach 4 graders to read that are on a kindergarten grade level....

At an inner-city, near all minority student body. ESL and all the rest. Where even through Covid, kids are expected to be on grade level and pass the Standards Test. Yes, very Liberal and was going to save the World....

That to say this: She applied for a Diversity Recruiting job at local colleges and high schools. It pays $88k....she makes $50 after 6 years.

Our District is hiring 3. I tried to tell her being white female was probably going to torpedo her chances....we thought about her being trans Chinese PDQXZY. I secretly(openly) hope she doesn't get the job. I don't know if this is considered mgt.

She has watched me work at UPS for 30 years at least(41 total). And knows(sort of) how it is...not really...has heard me complain enough.

But she pays $700 per month for crappy insurance and still complains bitterly about losing UPS insurance at 26.

I wouldn't recommend working at UPS under any circumstance....I wouldn't help her work there or put in a word. She isn't petulant, abusive or spiteful nor mean spirited....those are just some of the traits of mgt. I've seen. I've begged her to try Fed-Ex or even AMAZON.

Lastly, it is possible she could eventually be my supervisor.....
Wait how long have you worked at ups?

Coast to coast, seen it all, pull up a chair, I'll tell you how to show up on time and do your job but pretend there's a secret to it, bullies everywhere, I'm a pilot, I'm a mechanic, I have four degrees but I don't know how to use parentheses, everyone is obtuse, no one actually dislikes me for how I present myself, everyone is just jealous of me.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Coast to coast, seen it all, pull up a chair, I'll tell you how to show up on time and do your job but pretend there's a secret to it, bullies everywhere, I'm a pilot, I'm a mechanic, I have four degrees but I don't know how to use parentheses, everyone is obtuse, no one actually dislikes me for how I present myself, everyone is just jealous of me.
I’m new here. BUT- this dude says obtuse way too much. And hey- are you a pilot or a feeder? I actually want to know because I’m curious.

I’m new here. BUT- this dude says obtuse way too much. And hey- are you a pilot or a feeder? I actually want to know because I’m curious.
I'm a RPCD and cover a couple of feeder routes at a couple of extended centers. I don't know of any UPS pilots on this site, but I can't say there's not.

That whole last post is just a summary of everything you'll get from that guy.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I'm a RPCD and cover a couple of feeder routes at a couple of extended centers. I don't know of any UPS pilots on this site, but I can't say there's not.

That whole last post is just a summary of everything you'll get from that guy.
There ain’t one legit UPS pilot that wastes his time on this forum. One could say they are …. Above us??