Is ground now delivering Express freight?

bacha29

Again, how does FedEx Express remain an "airline" and under The RLA when a MUCH higher percentage of it's operations have ZERO to do with an airline? For the one thousandth time, how is another FDX opco legally a "Third party"? FDX manages both and is trying to pretend one is "independent". Sure.

Also, aren't you the same person that said nothing was changing and that nobody was losing their job? Remember "Express couriers are still delivering Express boxes"? Maybe some are still moving the FO and P1, but many jobs are just going away, Express stations are literally combining facilities with Ground and you pretend it's still the same basic company. Raj's separate silos are now both on Farmer Smith's farm, managed by Farmer Smith, and maintained by Farmer Smith. The corn arrives and departs by trucks, some owned by Farmer Smith but ALL ultimately managed by Farmer Smith (and Farmer Raj). Every once in awhile a plane flies over the farm, but there's not an airport within 100 miles, yet Farmer Smith gets to say his farm is really an airline and that all the workers on the farm have to pretend they work for an airline.

Sorry, I'm not buying your Yugo.
Spot on . FDX is becoming the shipping version of a coop owned grain elevator. Empty out the corn in one bin fill it back up with soybeans. Empty the chick peas out of one bin fill it back up with oats. Just because something different is in it , it's still the coop's bin.

Now here you have ground contractor IWBF jumping around like a stud horse giddy with the prospect of hauling air box.
Right now is just that....hauling air box. Nothing has been said about hauling air box PROFITABLY . All that's known is that by IWBF hauling air box Fat Freddy will make more PROFIT. Fat Freddy thinks that IWBF will incur minimal additional expense by letting Fat Freddy toss his air box onto him and will pay IWBF accordingly....minimally.

IWBF will think that this is going to be the best thing that ever happened to him.....for a little while.....But once he's got the damn stuff he'll never be able to get that very heavy monkey called air box off his back.

Serf

It’s no longer a rumor. Express is too big and too expensive for the volume we have now. There will still be some form of the company left. But make no mistake, they’re going to layoff A LOT of employees in the next year or 2.
I wonder how if it could work in large metro areas, not just rural areas. I know I speak from the minority, but I dream of the day they ask me to stay on PT, M-friend. I could be home by 13:30 on Christmas Eve!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Again, how does FedEx Express remain an "airline" and under The RLA
Because the law says so. This isn't rocket science.

when a MUCH higher percentage of it's operations have ZERO to do with an airline? For the one thousandth time, how is another FDX opco legally a "Third party"? FDX manages both and is trying to pretend one is "independent". Sure.

BBSAM Inc and IWBF Co and so forth aren't FDX of-cos. Oh, I see you're playing the "FedEx manages them" straw man. LOL.

Also, aren't you the same person that said nothing was changing and that nobody was losing their job? Remember "Express couriers are still delivering Express boxes"?
Perhaps. And the packages delivered by Express couriers are Express packages.

Keep trying, sport.