Is ground now delivering Express freight?

Lates

OK, I wasn't sure. You been there long?
Long enough to see it’s probably time to go. They may reverse it after it fails but how long did response drag out before ending it. With us being an hour from the ramp we just didn’t get the stuff on the second plane so alway got a chunk of our stuff a day late.

Lates

So is the station smaller and a little more rural?
Around 40 employees at it. We are losing our biggest and main city we service and are located in which is about 15 routes. Will be left with Fort Campbell , Hopkinsville, and the rural areas.

Last edited:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Long enough to see it’s probably time to go. They may reverse it after it fails but how long did response drag out before ending it. With us being an hour from the ramp we just didn’t get the stuff on the second plane so alway got a chunk of our stuff a day late.
Response was never intended to be permanent.

I think that the new dual station has a decent chance of succeeding in Clarksville after the initial kinks get worked out. One of the goals is to be able to control the flow of Express packages into and out of the Ground network as needed. There is an ability to do that under LMO, but it's not that efficient and requires more time and moving parts (literally and figuratively).

Ideally a combined building would allow changes to be made on a day by day basis if the situation called for it.

Lates

I think that the new dual station has a decent chance of succeeding in Clarksville after the initial kinks get worked out. One of the goals is to be able to control the flow of Express packages into and out of the Ground network as needed. There is an ability to do that under LMO, but it's not that efficient and requires more time and moving parts (literally and figuratively).

Ideally a combined building would allow changes to be made on a day by day basis if the situation called for it.
I’d say it wasn’t supposed to be too if it was my crappy idea.

MAKAVELI

Sounds like combining the OPCOs to me. Bye bye RLA.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It would, to someone like you.
Alternative facts from you, solid evidence from plenty of people at the stations. Hmmmm. Nothing to see here. This is like Lt. Frank Drebin standing in front of the exploding Chinese fireworks factory telling people to "move along",

vantexan

Stockholm Syndrome. You are presenting the Dano alternative facts version of what's happening. Given the huge turnover at Express I don't foresee a union nor am I trying to give people false hope. My goal, if you want to call it that, is to expose what they're doing and to create a level playing field. In other words, I'm hoping that our economic and political system isn't so beholden to FedEx money that the legally and ethically correct decision will be made to end the RLA at Express.

Think about it. Fred picked our pockets for years to buy Ground, build the infrastructure, and now pull this deal out of his butt, which has undoubtedly been in the works for at least a decade. Doesn't it make you angry that you have a crappy retirement, and "enjoyed" a continuous slashing of benefits during your employment? Profit-sharing, the Traditional Pension, Stock Purchase and on and on. Even the pathetic PPA has disappeared.

Yet you still defend the company. I don't understand.
Not defending. I'm glad to be free of them. But unless they're doing something illegal what can be done? I've been away 6 years now and only hang around this forum because I like to argue on Current Events. It seems like another life now. They aren't obligated to provide anything close to UPS pay and benefits but my beef has always been how they lied to keep us believing better things were ahead. That's on me too. If you're dealing with pirates don't be shocked when they act like pirates. If it's no longer a job with a future then go find one that is. If I have Stockholm Syndrome then what do you have? You seem to want revenge. Life is too short.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Wow! @DriveInDriveOut is sure an interesting bunch of guys.

F5193724-8F6E-4E7B-BB8A-923258F3EA5E.jpeg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Wow, this kind of sounds like combined opcos, doesn't it? But, no, you just said a goal is to "control the flow of Express packages into and out of the Ground work as needed". Up is down and down is up in the Inside out. Right, Dano?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I’d say it wasn’t supposed to be too if it was my crappy idea.
Well, it was a response to the COVID surge in volume. There was no way that MEMH and INDH could handle the increase in volume without doing something like that. Take BNAR, for example. Without RESPONSE, you get your flights around 0730-0800 because the hub sorts will take longer and go down later. The ramp sort, which would start later, also lasts longer due to the increase in volume. Your CTV gets to your station later and your sort lasts around an hour longer. And that's before accounting for fleet issues and station sort capacity.

What it boiled down to was having all of a station's routes launch late in the morning (1045 or later) vs having most of them launch at a reasonable time and the rest launch later.

I don't think anyone at any level of the company liked RESPONSE but it beat the alternative.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well, it was a response to the COVID surge in volume. There was no way that MEMH and INDH could handle the increase in volume without doing something like that. Take BNAR, for example. Without RESPONSE, you get your flights around 0730-0800 because the hub sorts will take longer and go down later. The ramp sort, which would start later, also lasts longer due to the increase in volume. Your CTV gets to your station later and your sort lasts around an hour longer. And that's before accounting for fleet issues and station sort capacity.

What it boiled down to was having all of a station's routes launch late in the morning (1045 or later) vs having most of them launch at a reasonable time and the rest launch later.

I don't think anyone at any level of the company liked RESPONSE but it beat the alternative.
Yeah, sure. Stick with this story and see how long it works for you.

yadig

You really need to get into politics, after FedEx is done using you.

bacha29

Yeah, sure. Stick with this story and see how long it works for you.
It's just not going to work out in the rural areas . Contractors would have to put low volume dedicated air box only routes out in the RD's and FDX simply will not pay contractors to do it. They think that they can simply make ground routes wait around until going on noon for that air box to show up then just toss it onto that ground route and still expect him to "clean" make all of his pickups and still get back in time to make an even earlier cut off time.

ManInBrown

lolol. Translation is a fancier way of saying if the ground donkeys who get paid like they are working in sweatshops don’t show up, just dump it all on the express drivers who get a 12 cent raise every other year.

Last edited: