Is it hard to become a feeder driver in Florida

Is it hard to become a feeder driver in Florida and can I go to the center and apply there?

• Answer

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Answer

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

Johney

I heard that if u have experience driving trucks and the other guys don’t u get bump up to become a feeder I don’t know how true that is
Untrue. I know a guy who has been cover for 16 years outta the Stuart building with nothing in the near future for full-time.

Future

Victory Ride
Plenty of them, it's mating season those suckers are everywhere.
tenor.gif

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
And to start as a package car is it hard I know they make well too right what’s they’re top rate?
Eddy,

Top rate for package driver varies slightly all over the 50-states. It's in the neighborhood of $36-$37 an hour and there's a hand shake agreement in place just 2-weeks ago for $4.15 more an hour over 5-years. So roughly by the time you make package car driver and all goes well, you'll be looking at roughly $41 an hour.

Btw, my beloved co-workers are kinda perturbed by me sharing what we make an hour. They'd like newbies and the public not to know. Yet, come day 2 or 3 of a walk out in August. UPS goes to the media and explains what their hourly rate is and the public gets into a frenzied shock & awe state over it. So we're just a few weeks from UPS corporate telling the world anyways.

This happened in 1997.

So it's best I let the cat out of the bag now... before the bag is filled with all these cats. Just between you & I, Ed. I'm actually helping my co-workers out tremendously posting on here. They just don't know that yet. Say a year from now they won't even know I exist. Someday though when they're out looking at a Caribbean sunset or sunrise they'll think back and say... maybe he was right. Maybe it would of been bad if the majority of us voted no?

I'm Fitty btw, Coolest Cat at the Cafe! Nice to kick messages back & forth with ya.

Last edited:

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Too much snow men I’m in jersey moving to Florida cause I’m tired of the snow and cold
I understand you wanting to move to warmer places. I think Utah might have some Feeder jobs available. Just a hunch. Snow there too, but not as bad. Ol' Road Beech is right on some of her points. CDL, experience...clean driving record. That would help.

As far as a driver to make $41 in 5-years. You'll need to be picked off the street. Keep asking around in here and maybe you'll get lucky at relocating. You still have time. I see the membership working without a contract at least until October. That's just my guess. You get in the company before July 31st. You have a slim shot. Anything after July the top driver rate you'll see is just under $35 an hour.

UPS has increased pay across the lower ranks and reduced pay on the top end for hourlies. The internet is killing their bottom line. Online Shipping Discounts are not producing the ROI that customer counters once did.

Anyways, what are you waiting for. Go apply man. Good Luck!