Is it hard to become a feeder driver in Florida

Is it hard to become a feeder driver in Florida and can I go to the center and apply there?

• Answer

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Answer

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

Nimnim

The Nim
Lawnwood? You must mean Longwood. Longwood is about the same size as WPB or Deerfield.
Jax builds a Key West and an Islormada(sp) every night.

I don't know the size of the Longwood facility itself, but Longwood the city proper is like 1.5 square miles. The facility does most of the area north of SR 50 that the Orlando hub doesn't. I live closer to the Orlando hub but Longwood delivers to me.

Orlando builds for Key West and Islamorada as well. We don't get a huge amount of volume for those loads so they don't leave per shift but per day.

You'd be surprised, West Palm is pretty big as well as Deerfield, but for the most part the rest are pretty small. Vero,Ft.Pierce,Stuart,Cocoa are all tiny buildings.Not sure about the west coast never been there, Lawnwood is decent size as well as Orlando,but that's a hub.

Orlando also gets more volume than the building can handle at times(especially during peak) so we now have 2 other buildings nearby for overflow, one ground and one air.

Johney

I don't know the size of the Longwood facility itself, but Longwood the city proper is like 1.5 square miles. The facility does most of the area north of SR 50 that the Orlando hub doesn't. I live closer to the Orlando hub but Longwood delivers to me.

Orlando builds for Key West and Islamorada as well. We don't get a huge amount of volume for those loads so they don't leave per shift but per day.

Orlando also gets more volume than the building can handle at times(especially during peak) so we now have 2 other buildings nearby for overflow, one ground and one air.
I've heard the Longwood building is very similar to West Palm in size and design. Orlando during peak is a nightmare I've been there where it takes nearly 45 minutess to get around the building.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Phase I or phase II
I heard that there’s a battle going on for feeder manager....Marty Seinfeld and frank costanza....news from the FNN says that Kramer is trying to get Marty in there then run the whole Dept from behind the scenes from New York.. a puppet Regime

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I heard that there’s a battle going on for feeder manager....Marty Seinfeld and frank costanza....news from the FNN says that Kramer is trying to get Marty in there then run the whole Dept from behind the scenes from New York.. a puppet Regime

Mandlebaum’s would have beaten all there ass’es

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
For how small a state Florida is and how many people live there you’d think they would have massive buildings

Jacksonville is large, especially when you consider River City is only 5 miles away. Orlando is also decent size, those are the only ones I've been to in FL.

Do most of the loads in Florida go by rail through Jacksonville? I've taken Hialeah preloads to the railyard in Jacksonville, that seems like a short rail trip but I guess it's no different than Dallas to Atlanta.

Johney

Jacksonville is large, especially when you consider River City is only 5 miles away. Orlando is also decent size, those are the only ones I've been to in FL.

Do most of the loads in Florida go by rail through Jacksonville? I've taken Hialeah preloads to the railyard in Jacksonville, that seems like a short rail trip but I guess it's no different than Dallas to Atlanta.
No there are all kinds of meet points for Jax/River City stuff coming down.Palm Coast,Cocoa,Vero,West Palm(which is the max point)and Palm Bay which is a HUGE meet point from Jax to the south. I believe there is a train that hits Miami rail yard around 11:30(Hialeah sort) from Jax then the other is a split from Jax that stops in Lauderdale around 2:00 then continues to Miami for Hialeah preload.The Ft.Lauderdale rail from Jax usually drops around 15 loads for Hollywood,Deerfield,West Palm,Ft.Lauderdale.

browneyes31

They just hired a cargo feeder driver off the street a few months back at my location since none of the cargo handlers wanted to bid for the position.