Is it hard to become a feeder driver in Florida

Is it hard to become a feeder driver in Florida and can I go to the center and apply there?

• Answer

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Answer

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

Nimnim

The Nim
If there are any feeder openings that are available for outside hiring they would be posted on upsjobs, otherwise it's seniority based and through bidding procedures. Each location in Florida is likely to have different demand and potential bidders so it's either going to be hard or not, no way to tell.

perups

What can u recommend to become a feeder driver join the company as a part time handler ? Because I have 8 years of experience

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Can I apply as a feeder driver in florida going to the center
You need to apply online at UPS Jobs. It wouldn't hurt to contact them too after applying.

Feeder drivers are the highest paid blue collar workers at UPS. More so than drivers. They work on average 55-hours a week. Which equates to about $115,000 but can work more and will make approx. $130,000 by the end of the next contract. So if $130,000 sounds good to you in 5-Years and paying $0 for medical/rx,dental & optical out of your pay check with a 401(k) and a discounted stock purchase option and 40 hours sick leave a year with tuition grants for your children and cell phone discounted plans... then by all means apply! You'll only get 3 weeks paid vacation at 5-years tho' *pout*

If those Teamster bargained luxuries don't sound good to you... meet the Gang of Angry 45 at The Powerhouse over there on Folsom St for some Lemon Drops and you guys can have a chin-wag about how bad everyone has it.

Nimnim

The Nim
What can u recommend to become a feeder driver join the company as a part time handler ? Because I have 8 years of experience

If you have 8 years feeder experience I'd recommend working with another company but keeping an eye out for an opening for outside hiring. Bidding procedure dictates those positions go to full time employees first then to part time so you'd spend years as part time before going full time and even then I couldn't tell you when an opening you'd get would open up. It's almost unheard of for a part timer to go to feeders.

What is the closest center to boca Raton by any chance

Boca goes to Deerfield, I don't know where the feeder drivers who go there originate from.

Nimnim

The Nim
Do I have a better chance of applying in Miami or Hialeah ?

If I had to guess, I'd say Hialeah as I'm pretty sure they're a hub, but there's also Miami(MCE), Medley, Homestead, Hollywood,(And probably some I'm forgetting) that all deliver to Miami.

The hub and spoke system UPS uses makes it hard to say where a feeder position will be available from because multiple locations can feed into the same target. Then on top of that there's multiple feeder routes that will be bid by seniority so even if you get into feeders in a location that deals with the area you want it doesn't mean you'll get that route.

Nimnim

The Nim
What’s the hourly rate in Florida ? As a feeder

Check out https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/southern-region-supplement-07172014_0.pdf page 232 best I can give you as I don't know feeders and the nuances it entails but there's 3 listings on that page for the last raise given this contract for feeders.

I know progression is lower but I don't know the rate offhand but it's either in the first link somewhere, which is either in the southern supplement or it's certainly in the national master here https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Fitbit you talk too much. People like you get slapped in the face.

I'm not talking about just union brothers/sister either. Management folks would do the same. Its best you just stop posting.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Can I apply as a feeder driver in florida going to the center
This needs translation:

Greetings,

I am inquiring about employment with UPS in the capacity of Feeder Driver. This would be in the state of Florida. I know what location I desire to work from. Do I apply there or elsewhere?

Thank you all for your input.

Sincerely,
Eddyhuapaya

over9five

Staff member
This needs translation:

Greetings,

I am inquiring about employment with UPS in the capacity of Feeder Driver. This would be in the state of Florida. I know what location I desire to work from. Do I apply there or elsewhere?

Thank you all for your input.

Sincerely,
Eddyhuapaya
Thanks, @Wally . Can you do that for the thread title too?