Is Ohio ups still hiring drivers off the street?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Agreed. And people who break their back at UPS "earning" the chance to drive by waiting on their seniority date to count as their ticket to the job that FT off the street hires slide into deserve inherent respect. They paid their dues, patiently waiting and contributing to the overall success of the company. That in itself is worth respecting.

I have great respect for all drivers no matter how they slid in. Seen plenty from both sides of the isle not make book.

10 point

Not at ups....
It is true here but we're not talking about including management.
I have great respect for all drivers no matter how they slid in. Seen plenty from both sides of the isle not make book.
It's rare to see inside employees not make it here. But it's also getting less frequent to see as many pt employees sign the ft driver bid here too.
Not everyone wants the long hours or the stress of driving ft.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No-----persuasive one-sided "talk with".
TalkToTheHand_zpswzy9p2mv.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In my local, 30 drivers were hired in feeders from off the street last summer, due to not enough package car drivers signing up.
Then, in January, 3 off street seasonals were brought back after the seasonal period and qualified in packages in my building alone.
There are 3 other buildings in my local, not sure how many were brought back there?
The company has no regard for the 6-1 language because the union isn't holding them accountable.