Is order of break based on seniority ?

Erv

I just got moved to Goodyear hub in Goodyear arizona coming from the Phoenix hub and people with less seniority than me took break before me and I confronted my supervisor about it and he said they give break depending on availability which makes no sense to me because whenever we ran through break at the old hub they would give break in order of seniority

Nah
I just got moved to Goodyear hub in Goodyear arizona coming from the Phoenix hub and people with less seniority than me took break before me and I confronted my supervisor about it and he said they give break depending on availability which makes no sense to me because whenever we ran through break at the old hub they would give break in order of seniority

I tend to agree with you, but you have to work as directed. Do what they say, grieve it, and find out if that's how it's supposed to work there as well.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

that’s all ya got to bitch about

542thruNthru

Screenshot_20200120-203114_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Nothing about giving by seniority.

iruhnman630

Inside breaks are based on the operational needs, not seniority.

When I was on preload the entire building shutdown for 10 minutes, but the night hub sorts take their breaks at different times

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I've always been a stickler about it in my area. You should have something between the union and the state for when the breaks and lunches are to be taken (not too early or late). You don't get a choice beyond that unless it appears retaliatory in nature. It is common practice most everywhere for PT breaks to be taken roughly halfway through the sort. In reality they tend to err towards the end of the first 1/3 since overtime is always unexpected.

Both PT and FT can file for time paid when a lunch break was mandated too early.

Last edited:
I've always been a stickler about it in my area. You should have something between the union and the state for when the breaks and lunches are to be taken (not too early or late). You don't get a choice beyond that unless it appears retaliatory in nature. It is common practice most everywhere for PT breaks to be taken roughly halfway through the sort. In reality they tend to err towards the end of the first 1/3 since overtime is always unexpected.

Both PT and FT can file for time paid when a lunch break was mandated too early.
And that way the Hub can start cutting people early (before their 3 1/2 hour guarantee) without there being a violation. Always people wanting to leave early.

Drayt3n5150

Arizona is a right to work state. And they don't have to give you a break technically. They will often stagger breaks when it is available. Your seniority will allow you to leave early before a employee with less seniority If they are overstaffed. They will add your break to your timecard if you don't take it. With a extra 5 minutes if you work over six hours.

Arizona is a right to work state. And they don't have to give you a break technically. They will often stagger breaks when it is available. Your seniority will allow you to leave early before a employee with less seniority If they are overstaffed. They will add your break to your timecard if you don't take it. With a extra 5 minutes if you work over six hours.
What does working in a RTW state have to do with a paid break?

Drayt3n5150

No Arizona Law Requires Meal or Rest Breaks
Some states require employers to provide a meal break, rest breaks, or both. Arizona is not among them, however. In Arizona, employers must follow the federal rules. In other words, although breaks are not required, employers must pay employees for time they spend working and for shorter breaks during the day. An employer that chooses to provide a longer meal break, during which the employee is relieved of all job duties, does not have to pay the employee for that time

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation

Half our center of top seniority employees would be shocked to hear they actually get 'breaks'.