will I get a responce ?

• Yes

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 75.6%

• Total voters

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I have had no contact with them since the day it happened. I called one of them but he regretfuly told me he had been instructed to have no contact with me. This man is a christian and I belive he will make the right decision and tell the truth at my arbitration (if i ever get one)

Cole

Your fellow drivers should have taken up a collection, is what I meant by helping you. Definatley call the NLRB, and if you send a letter, send it return receipt requested. Again you may want to try OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health) which if you don't know is a Federal Agency that deals with this. Read up on their obligations, as they'll act ignorant as you appear to them. They are the reason they didn't want to bring you off the road. They didn't want to have an OSHA recordable injury.

I feel you will get your job back, but it sounds like they're going to leave you hanging, but go throught he procedures listed.

If the guy is a Christian I would hope he would listen to the words of the true Master, and do unto you, as hw would have done unto himself.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I am a truck driver my freind not a scholar, thats the first letter I have ever written , and I am quite impressed with it, I thought for sure that I mis-spelled half of the words up there , I can live with 12 mistakes. Hopefuly, unlike you , Mr Hoffa will be more concerned about my SITUATION not my PUNCTUATION

Cole

I wouldn't sit and wait for Hoffa's response, as you'll likey get a letter telling you to follow the proper channels through your local union.

diadlover

Hey UK, sorry I doubted you dude! I really feel sorry for you and I hope everything works out for the best. I must admit that I'm very embarrassed right now that I discredited you like I did. Well not super duper embarrassed cuz if you've ever had to sit next to a black person in an American History class you would know what I mean - yikes!

DS

Fenderbender
I am a truck driver my freind not a scholar, thats the first letter I have ever written , and I am quite impressed with it, I thought for sure that I mis-spelled half of the words up there , I can live with 12 mistakes. Hopefuly, unlike you , Mr Hoffa will be more concerned about my SITUATION not my PUNCTUATION
perfect spelling,and I wish you well in your endeavor UK-GUY

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
no worries man ,i dont belive that it happend either sometimes ,I keep hopeing that its a bad dream and I`m going to wake up under a shadey tree with 2 minutes left of my lunch break and only 15 more deliveries..

Iconoclast

I take no offense. I understand you are in a very difficult situation, but you have to respect the position we are in. We were not there, we can only apply logic and reason to the situation from afar. UPS can be a very difficult place to work. Like other large companies, there is often injustice when people lose their jobs, but extenuating circumstances can and often do change the landscape of rules and bylaws.

Can you imagine how bad UPS would look if it got out that you were fired for trying to save your own life?

Choking to death, smashing a beer bottle to open it so you can save your own life in front of several witnesses is not drinking on the job, period. Anymore than delibrately crashing your package car into another car that is careening out of control into a crowded schoolyard would be considered reckless driving. It just doesn't add up.

Why would anyone who is present in that room be afraid to tell the truth about a situation like that? That makes no sense. You did absolutely nothing wrong, the people who witnessed a near death experience would also be doing nothing wrong by stating the truth. It defies logic that a person in that room would be involved in a conspiracy to see you lose your job.

They didn't know you were bringing in tacos, you are a fellow employee who almost choked to death, how did it happen that you are now considered to be public enemy number one after 16 years in goods standing - Do you think that sounds reasonable for someone who did nothing more than trying to save his own life?

Emergency situations like the one you described do not easily lend themselves to interpretation - it's not like you would have three different stories from three different people. Emergency situations are certainly surreal, they happen very fast, but no one chooses to casually drink a beer in the fashion you described- I can't imagine the unbelievable amount of energy that you must have mustered to try and save your own life-it's more unbelievable that anyone who witnessed that would ever forget what they saw. Corroboration of your story is the least of your issues - that will be easy.

I agree with the others, get an attorney, under oath in a deposition or court of law, those present in that room will have no choice but to corroborate your story. You don't need to ask them anything personally, your attorney will do that. If you are indeed telling the truth, You certainly have a chance to be exonerated in this-if not to win your job back, but just for piece of mind.

It certainly is within your grasp to rectify this situation. Unless, you are not being forthright about what happened.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Thankyou for your responce, I am hopeing that the arbatrator believes me and the wittnesses all tell the truth . although the events leeding up to my termination sound very exiteing ,it really wasn`t it was more like a bad dream and although it seemed like an eternity the whole thing was over in a matter of seconds , never the less not being able to get your breath is very scarey indeed . If I was thinking rationatley i could have probably made it outside and around the corner to the water fountains but at the time it happened I was under a lot of pain from my shoulder and I was panicing and scared UPS`s no drinking policy was the furthest thing from my mind. the god dam beers had been in my truck all day and were hot to make matters worse.

Thank goodness for Brown Cafe. When you have nowhere else to turn, you can get well-reasoned and helpful advice for any situation. If your manager won't help; ask us. If your steward doesn't do anything; we got your back. I am obviously an amature psychologist, we have amature lawyers, finacial planners, social workers and any other skill that may be helpful. I can't think of anything helpful for this situation, but I have trouble relating to you folks in California.

sendagain

The union and the company probably couldn't care less about your predicament, but a lawyer will plead your case. I know management frequently tries to talk guys out of reporting injuries so their record will look better; but a dislocated shoulder is not a bandaid injury in the kind of job we have. I once saw a new kid badly strain his back; the manager sent him out for several days with another rookie to show him where to go. I could see the kid was in agony, having had those strains myself. He quit after a few days, Too bad, he would have been a great asset to the company.

tieguy

Banned
Well , thankyou for hopeing that i am able to resolve this issue.
I have a feeling that you are in management, I am not certain about this but you do sound like one, immediatly trying to discredit my post and trying to be a private detective.

I guess your sending everyone who does not believe you private messages. You say you're for real and I still have my doubts.

its hard to get a sworn affadavit off managers when they are worried about loseing their own jobs and have been told under no sercomstance to have any contact with me.

This point is possible but highly unlikely. If this happened as you described the shop stewards would be going around talking to everyone who witnessed the events. So I again have my doubts of your story.

If you read the post carefully you would see that I bought the tacos from a taco truck on the side of the road

Curious anyone ever buy a taco off a taco truck? I never have.

and even if they did have sodas I wouldnt waste my money on them the bottle was not a twist off and i didnt have a bottle opener, I struck the bottle over a desk smashing the end off. I would imagine that if you were in the same situation you would amaze yourself at how fast you could open a bottle .

Ok . Why the bottle of booze why not the water fountain or a faucet in the bathroom?

As far as the people in the office not helping me , I have not had an opportunity to ask them due to the fact that was the last time ive seen them , I had quite a good relationship with everyone who was present . I imagine they either froze or more likely, knowing my personality, thought I was clowning around.

Really ? You bought everyone in the office a taco. You were then choking on the taco. You bust the bottle open and drink booze from the jagged edge of a bottle to unclog your throat when an expulsion of air in the opposite direction would be the proper way to dislodge food from the windpipe. After immediately clearing your throat with this alcoholic beverage I'm sure your first comments to the group should have been man that was close I was choking on that taco. I thought I was going to pass out. thats why I broke the bottle open to clear my throat. With comments similar to this the entire group would now know you had come close to choking to death and had therefore busted the bottle open to save yourself.
Yet ....
Yet...
Someone in that office knowing you bought him or her a taco, knowing you almost choked on yours then ran to the boss man and told him only that you were drinking on property.
Or all ten people who witnessed what happened now conspired with the boss man to get you fired.
So the next day you were fired. No witnesses brought in either by you, the boss man or the shop steward even though you had a room full of them. Where were they when you were discharged that day. Were they all hiding somewhere. All call out that day?
This is just one small part of an incredible story you want us to believe.
I don't believe you would have worked all those days if you were really hurt as bad as you say.
I don't believe a 15 year employee would be stupid enough to let anyone intimidate him into working hurt.
I don't believe you would have the good will to buy people tacos after you were injured so badly and then forced to work all those days with your injury.
Your whole story reeks. Don't bother pm'ing me anymore with your BS either.

And finally if by some small chance your story is true and you really are stupid enough to let a sup intimidate you into working hurt, you really are stupid enough to drink booze in an office when choking then you really do deserve everything you getting just for being that stupid.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Well , thankyou for hopeing that i am able to resolve this issue.
I have a feeling that you are in management, I am not certain about this but you do sound like one, immediatly trying to discredit my post and trying to be a private detective.

I guess your sending everyone who does not believe you private messages. You say you're for real and I still have my doubts.

its hard to get a sworn affadavit off managers when they are worried about loseing their own jobs and have been told under no sercomstance to have any contact with me.

This point is possible but highly unlikely. If this happened as you described the shop stewards would be going around talking to everyone who witnessed the events. So I again have my doubts of your story.

If you read the post carefully you would see that I bought the tacos from a taco truck on the side of the road

Curious anyone ever buy a taco off a taco truck? I never have.

and even if they did have sodas I wouldnt waste my money on them the bottle was not a twist off and i didnt have a bottle opener, I struck the bottle over a desk smashing the end off. I would imagine that if you were in the same situation you would amaze yourself at how fast you could open a bottle .

Ok . Why the bottle of booze why not the water fountain or a faucet in the bathroom?

As far as the people in the office not helping me , I have not had an opportunity to ask them due to the fact that was the last time ive seen them , I had quite a good relationship with everyone who was present . I imagine they either froze or more likely, knowing my personality, thought I was clowning around.

Really ? You bought everyone in the office a taco. You were then choking on the taco. You bust the bottle open and drink booze from the jagged edge of a bottle to unclog your throat when an expulsion of air in the opposite direction would be the proper way to dislodge food from the windpipe. After immediately clearing your throat with this alcoholic beverage I'm sure your first comments to the group should have been man that was close I was choking on that taco. I thought I was going to pass out. thats why I broke the bottle open to clear my throat. With comments similar to this the entire group would now know you had come close to choking to death and had therefore busted the bottle open to save yourself.
Yet ....
Yet...
Someone in that office knowing you bought him or her a taco, knowing you almost choked on yours then ran to the boss man and told him only that you were drinking on property.
Or all ten people who witnessed what happened now conspired with the boss man to get you fired.
So the next day you were fired. No witnesses brought in either by you, the boss man or the shop steward even though you had a room full of them. Where were they when you were discharged that day. Were they all hiding somewhere. All call out that day?
This is just one small part of an incredible story you want us to believe.
I don't believe you would have worked all those days if you were really hurt as bad as you say.
I don't believe a 15 year employee would be stupid enough to let anyone intimidate him into working hurt.
I don't believe you would have the good will to buy people tacos after you were injured so badly and then forced to work all those days with your injury.
Your whole story reeks. Don't bother pm'ing me anymore with your BS either.

And finally if by some small chance your story is true and you really are stupid enough to let a sup intimidate you into working hurt, you really are stupid enough to drink booze in an office when choking then you really do deserve everything you getting just for being that stupid.
Tie guy how do you do it? Sup by day and a red cross spokesman by night? Youve never had anything go down the wrong pipe and taken a sip? But seeing your a sup we all know youve had stuff going in your wrong pipes.(laughing my :censored2: off).

Ms Spoken

Don't you guys know you can take any non-twist beer bottle and hit the edge of the cap on the side of anything sharp and the cap will come off clean. Come on DS even you know this trick. I guess this shows I'm just an Ole country girl with many road trips taken and no bottle opener.