Is there a cutoff when higher seniority drivers can't bump you to another route?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Senority rule and thats messed up how it works... , but dont let a senior guy punk you.... if he comes 5 minutes before u leave and bumps you thats a b i t ch move... and call him out on it.... be the less senior guy, dont be punked..

I don't show up til 5 minutes before start time. Maybe.

It's the op fault for showing up an hour early and working.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
No ice machine here. We do have a cullingan water Machine though.

Well big Fooking whoop....

We have a brand new American Standard water fountain that pipes fresh cold water all day long. One of our managers enjoying some now!

Xpv0R4WPCF.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's been happening a lot lately. We're told by the dispatcher or see on the screen what truck and route we're on. Verify our air and ready to go, then a guy comes in and bumps you to a different truck. You move your stuff and end up leaving late on a blind route. One US said there's a 30 min limit before that route's start time when you're guaranteed that route but I let it go cause I don't ruffle any feathers. I'm not the only somewhat new swing driver this happens to.
Here when you're cover/unassigned/floater it's WAD. When I was a new driver covering routes I was ready to pull out when another cover guy with about 4 years in came up and told me to wait there for a minute. A new on-car came up and told me I had to do another route (truck was completely blown out, 12 hour day). I told the cover guy he was being a :censored2: and went about my day.

It wasn't until that night that I found out in our area seniority doesn't mean jack when it comes to cover assignments. He had no right to "bump" me off my assignment for the day and was just crying because he had a heavy load. I brought the BA over to the on-car who had listened to the cover driver and had him tell him that cover drivers can't bump other cover drivers and that cover assignments are at management's discretion. The only exception to this is with the last contract we now are supposed to have the cover guys bid to cover a route if a driver has been on comp for an extended period of time.

That douchy lazy driver has screwed me a couple of other ways too and I haven't talked to him since.

Grey

Here when you're cover/unassigned/floater it's WAD. When I was a new driver covering routes I was ready to pull out when another cover guy with about 4 years in came up and told me to wait there for a minute. A new on-car came up and told me I had to do another route (truck was completely blown out, 12 hour day). I told the cover guy he was being a :censored2: and went about my day.

It wasn't until that night that I found out in our area seniority doesn't mean jack when it comes to cover assignments. He had no right to "bump" me off my assignment for the day and was just crying because he had a heavy load. I brought the BA over to the on-car who had listened to the cover driver and had him tell him that cover drivers can't bump other cover drivers and that cover assignments are at management's discretion. The only exception to this is with the last contract we now are supposed to have the cover guys bid to cover a route if a driver has been on comp for an extended period of time.

That douchy lazy driver has screwed me a couple of other ways too and I haven't talked to him since.

That pretty much happened. "Wait a sec". No I'm just gonna leave and ignore the message on my board till my first stop next time.

If he had won the route for a week or something then that's different but switching just because you're heavy... That's weak.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Nice! I think they had talked about it at one time in our center, but you know how cheap UPS is. They couldn't think of a use for it in the cooler months. Also, they hide the Gatorade packets here as well...
Bottled water In a giant cooler here almost everyday in the summer.

Gatorade some sort of fruit and good granola on weds.

The center manager hands me the tp when I drop a deuce in the locker room.

T

Turdferguson

Bottled water In a giant cooler here almost everyday in the summer.

Gatorade some sort of fruit and good granola on weds.

The center manager hands me the tp when I drop a deuce in the locker room.
Does he wipe you also? If not he is a monster