Is There A Decent Method To Loading A Uhaul?

When the bulk forecast sheet seperates it into four quarters, that makes sense. But other forcast sheets seem to just act like there are invisible 1k through 8k shelves and you just have to BELIEVE. Is there a good way of loading these trucks?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Load in rows (horizontal) from side-to-side. section 8 all the way up front. Then 7,6,5’s towards the overhead door .. leave a aisle on one side to walk through and fill in as the sort wraps up .. use a small tote for smalls for every section ... at least try to keep Section 1 at the very end so the driver has a chance .

Load in rows (horizontal) from side-to-side. section 8 all the way up front. Then 7,6,5’s towards the overhead door .. leave a aisle on one side to walk through and fill in as the sort wraps up .. use a small tote for smalls for every section ... at least try to keep Section 1 at the very end so the driver has a chance .
Where would you put the rdr, rdl, fdr, and fdl?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The U-Haul that they used to put in the lineup for our loop was used to run off bulk commercial stops, which were segregated as best as possible in the four corners with the Post Office thrown up the middle. That driver would then come back and load up a residential split.

PCLoadPackage

Where would you put the rdr, rdl, fdr, and fdl?

As DumbTruckDriver said, there's not really a good way to load them.

When I have to load one, there usually aren't any floor stops, just the shelves. On the rare occasion that there has been RDL and/or RDR, I put those right where they'd go in a standard package car; right inside the back door on the proper side.

Besides that, I load 1,3,5,7 up the right side and 2,4,6,8 up the left side, leaving an aisle in the middle. I aim to make the whole load about the same height by the end of the preload. Don't stack the 3000s 5' high when every other section is only 2 feet high. In that case, I'd tighten up the 1000s and 5000s a bit, and spread the 3000s out a little. My goal is for at least the first part of the day, the load shouldn't be rearranging itself whenever the driver hits the brakes.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I put the 7000 and 8000 flush in the back, especially the bulky stuff. It helps avoid the other sections piling too high or blowing out. I also use a rdl or rdr to block in the 1-4 sections if I can, so they dont move around.

AttackedHawk34

Load all the 1 and 2000s on the left hand side of the truck and then load all the 3 and 4000s on the right hand side. Load your 8000 and 7000s in the far back separated from each other. Load the 5 and 6000s in the middle. Using some old used cardboard helps alot when trying to segregate sections.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Honestly it’s all about keeping ones and twos in the front and other than that just try to keep everything together. When you deliver out of a rental you end up sorting literally all day

ManInBrown

When the bulk forecast sheet seperates it into four quarters, that makes sense. But other forcast sheets seem to just act like there are invisible 1k through 8k shelves and you just have to BELIEVE. Is there a good way of loading these trucks?
Absolutely not. It is a joke. I always felt bad for the sucker who got stuck with a UHaul. The first turn you make everything topples over. Doesnt matter how you load it. I chuckled whenever i saw the loader trying to load with some sort of strategy. Hey buddy, first turn its all toppling over and all your work was for nothing.

Absolutely not. It is a joke. I always felt bad for the sucker who got stuck with a UHaul. The first turn you make everything topples over. Doesnt matter how you load it. I chuckled whenever i saw the loader trying to load with some sort of strategy. Hey buddy, first turn its all toppling over and all your work was for nothing.
Especially on a rural route. That was me last year in a 10 footer packed to the ceiling every single day. I would spend 20 minutes pulling everything out and putting it back in perfectly. Two stops later it’s like a Tasmanian devil tore that bitch up. It got to the point where I just told my loader to leave off the ones and twos and try to keep the 3s and 4s on either side and forget about the rest. That strategy helped a lot

Just toss everything in it.
There are drivers happy to work off 5he flock during lunch and break to set up the load the way the way want it
It’s really simple. Plan your lunches 10 minutes early everyday. Sort as best you can in 10 minutes. If you can’t get it perfect then you finish right after you finish lunch. If it’s a light day and a quick easy sort then make it 5 minutes early. If you feel like taking a poo on the clock make it 20 minutes early.