Is there any reason for FedEx to keep contractors?

FedupExpress

We're 6 months from the merger deadline, if Old Raj has some tricks up his sleeve he better get em out now....

I've already heard plenty of customers switching to UPS with all the uncertainty.

MAKAVELI

We're 6 months from the merger deadline, if Old Raj has some tricks up his sleeve he better get em out now....

I've already heard plenty of customers switching to UPS with all the uncertainty.
I think D.E Shaw and McKinsey Consulting are all out of ideas. This company is toast unless they make a full employee merge.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Dano said it’s easy to get a cdl!
IMG_7345.jpeg

Can’t be that hard

FedupExpress

There is no merger deadline.
This phased transition, with full implementation expected in June 2024, will ultimately bring FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Services, and other FedEx operating companies into Federal Express Corporation, becoming a single company operating a unified, fully integrated air-ground network under the respected FedEx brand.

According to FedEx there is.

Spam

This phased transition, with full implementation expected in June 2024, will ultimately bring FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Services, and other FedEx operating companies into Federal Express Corporation, becoming a single company operating a unified, fully integrated air-ground network under the respected FedEx brand.

The closing and merging of stations is by 2027

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

The full implementation referred to there is on the corporate/admin side. Operational integration is slated to be ongoing until 2027.

yadig

Come on dano! It’s harder to get a cdl with a hazmat endorsement than to become a frontline manager at express. Disagree?

Artee

Couriers tell me their happy where they are at, the question is FedEx happy where they are at, the answer is they want to pay Ground wages and benefits, they soon will.
Considering from other sources than Brown Cafe, there are more than a couple accounts of ground drivers that are making more than topped out express drivers. Sounds like many of them are getting paid equal to a beginning express driver. Benefits, vacation, retirement, etc...are not on par with a company driver as of yet, but the old joke of ground drivers getting paid $15/hr are slowly coming to an end.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Come on dano! It’s harder to get a cdl with a hazmat endorsement than to become a frontline manager at express. Disagree?
Of course I disagree. You can come to the US with a poor grasp of the English language and have a CDL in a month or two.

zeev

Considering from other sources than Brown Cafe, there are more than a couple accounts of ground drivers that are making more than topped out express drivers. Sounds like many of them are getting paid equal to a beginning express driver. Benefits, vacation, retirement, etc...are not on par with a company driver as of yet, but the old joke of ground drivers getting paid $15/hr are slowly coming to an end.
No Ground driver is getting benefits or any pay , FedEx makes sure of that , that’s the whole reason for the switch to Ground.