Is there anything I can do?

brownrod

Are you asking me or the OP? If you are asking me I will tell you that I have never heard of this happening until I read this thread.

We have a center 30 miles away in the same local. Our center had too many drivers for the last few years. This other center did not have enough drivers. Several low seniority drivers spent a lot of time working at the neighbor center. It is my understanding that we can decline this work.

bumped

When I started I also declined work in another center. There was no way I was going out blind in cities I never even had been through. And, we all know how well UPS trains. Here's your car and your diad...Good Luck.

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
We have 2 buildings about 10-15 miles apart. Supervisors will sometimes try to call the low guys and tell them to report to the "other" building when needed. What we have done to curb this is to report to your reg building. If they need you at the other building get a diad..punch in. get a spare (we call loaner) pkg car and drive that to the other building. do your route down at the other building. when finished get back in your "loaner" truck and drive back to the original building and punch out at that time. basically they will have to pay u the dead time to travel in one of their vehicles to the other building and back. After you do this 2 or 3 times they discover new ways solve the staffing problem without you having to travel between buildings.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
As far as you being "late" goes....they cant discipline you for being late if you did not have a scheduled start time at the building you are reporting to. You are on call, so your scheduled "start time" is whenever you show up after finally being instructed where and when to report for duty.

nicky

I work in a hub and we can be sent to a different center within the hub but can not be sent to another building

Logb17

They tried to send our bottom guy to a building 15 miles away, but it was another local. Our BA called him when he was on his way and told him to turn the friend around. He reemed the on-car that sent him a new one.

The driver was not to happy, but willing to go. Our steward blew a gasket and called our BA. He was yelling at the driver "say no! Don't friend'n do it"

oldupsman

If the buildings are in the same local, I wouldn't think it would be a problem. But if you're talking about different locals,
now you could be messing up your pension credits.

dewey8

report to your bid building, then work as directed, ask for a company vehicle to go to the other building and punch in before leaving,, then return the copany vehicle and then and only then punch out,,, or another option,, logg your miles for the week and sumit a request for a green check...

UPSGUY72

report to your bid building, then work as directed, ask for a company vehicle to go to the other building and punch in before leaving,, then return the copany vehicle and then and only then punch out,,, or another option,, logg your miles for the week and sumit a request for a green check...

His new work building is the other building if he has 1 day notice he can't take a UPS vehicle or get paid for the mileage or time it takes to get there. If he showed up at the the his original building and they said he was needed at the other building he could ask to take a UPS vehicle. If he doesn't ask and takes his own car he isn't going to get paid for the miles. But would get paid for the time to drive there and back for that day.

UPSGUY72

They tried to send our bottom guy to a building 15 miles away, but it was another local. Our BA called him when he was on his way and told him to turn the friend around. He reemed the on-car that sent him a new one.

The driver was not to happy, but willing to go. Our steward blew a gasket and called our BA. He was yelling at the driver "say no! Don't friend'n do it"

In are area if they needed people in a building in another local the SUP are the one's that go.

bluehdmc

In my local there is something in the supplement that address this. They have to pay mileage, and it's only drivers from certain buildings sent to certain other buildings. I'd advise you to check with a steward at least or a BA.