Is there language that you get to have the same truck everyday?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I remember days when I would literally slide down the grab rail like I was on a firemans pole because my knees would be hurting so bad from that high step POS with the stiff clutch. That new International save my life. Somehow I escaped UPS in really decent health. Retiring early (53) helped considerably. Now as I'm getting on into my mid 70's I've been having some issues with my knees. I like to blame UPS for it but I'm sure putting on a bunch of wight since retiring hasn't helped-- probably 30 lbs.)
Don't be a slacker uncle @rod

Geezas

RMR46

There is no contractual language but it is in the employee handbook. I have read it. Management should have a copy. To paraphrase it says In order to promote a feeling of ownership and pride, attempts will be made to assign the same equipment to employees each day.
What company has that policy?

542thruNthru

There is no contractual language but it is in the employee handbook. I have read it. Management should have a copy. To paraphrase it says In order to promote a feeling of ownership and pride, attempts will be made to assign the same equipment to employees each day.
I've never seen that in the employee hand book.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lol

Integrity

Binge Poster
Page 29 of the UPS Policy Book says, I will paraphrase:

The same equipment will be assigned to each employee daily when possible.

The same equipment should be assigned to each employee daily when practical.

For 2 reasons:

1. To promote a feeling of ownership and pride as stated above by @finaddict.
2. To report any special attention the equipment may require.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Page 29 of the UPS Policy Book says, I will paraphrase:

The same equipment will be assigned to each employee daily when possible.

The same equipment should be assigned to each employee daily when practical.

For 2 reasons:

1. To promote a feeling of ownership and pride as stated above by @finaddict.
2. To report any special attention the equipment may require.
When, should, not will and shall.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I've seen the majority of bid drivers get the same truck every day but some guys get different ones every day. If you bid a route does the equipment come with that bid? Just curious

No, atleast in my building it's the size of the truck. If the route calls for a 1000 it gets a 1000. With that said typically the same truck is used for a route whenever possible, because of familiarity and hopefully the truck will be better cared for. However when we need it for servicing the car washers put a different truck of the same size to replace it so it's not something that can be grieved

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No, atleast in my building it's the size of the truck. If the route calls for a 1000 it gets a 1000. With that said typically the same truck is used for a route whenever possible, because of familiarity and hopefully the truck will be better cared for. However when we need it for servicing the car washers put a different truck of the same size to replace it so it's not something that can be grieved
That’s the only time my truck was not in the lineup.