Is there language that you get to have the same truck everyday?

I've seen the majority of bid drivers get the same truck every day but some guys get different ones every day. If you bid a route does the equipment come with that bid? Just curious

542thruNthru

I've seen the majority of bid drivers get the same truck every day but some guys get different ones every day. If you bid a route does the equipment come with that bid? Just curious
Don't know of any language. It's up to the company what vehicle you get. I know guys that have delivered their route out of a rental for a year or more.

The company always says the truck goes with the route not the driver. Until the driver complains enough. Spit drivers get whatever it is loaded in. Always do your pre trip.

pkgdriver

372CD58F-1ED4-4EAC-AFA5-5D1B464A9493.jpeg

rod

Retired 22 years
I can only remember 3 different trucks I had (not counting the crap they would give you when yours was in for service). I know I had my old P-800 for at least 15-18 years. I finally got a brand new International P-700 diesel with power steering and low steps when I had probably only 6 or 7 years left. I thought I had died and went to heaven driving that new truck.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I can only remember 3 different trucks I had (not counting the crap they would give you when yours was in for service). I know I had my old P-800 for at least 15-18 years. I finally got a brand new International P-700 diesel with power steering and low steps when I had probably only 6 or 7 years left. I thought I had died and went to heaven driving that new truck.
How are your knees and shoulders today from driving that p800?

rod

Retired 22 years
How are your knees and shoulders today from driving that p800?
I remember days when I would literally slide down the grab rail like I was on a firemans pole because my knees would be hurting so bad from that high step POS with the stiff clutch. That new International save my life. Somehow I escaped UPS in really decent health. Retiring early (53) helped considerably. Now as I'm getting on into my mid 70's I've been having some issues with my knees. I like to blame UPS for it but I'm sure putting on a bunch of wight since retiring hasn't helped-- probably 30 lbs.)

DriverNerd

The new guys never check oil or even lift the hood anymore. It’s sad
I only check oil level on the diesels now. The gas engines are rarely low. And I trust their low oil sensors way more than the old diesels. My old truck (poor baby got crushed with 680k miles - RIP) went through a gallon of oil every month. I never even checked the oil in it - just wrote up "oil level low" once a month.

finaddict

There is no contractual language but it is in the employee handbook. I have read it. Management should have a copy. To paraphrase it says In order to promote a feeling of ownership and pride, attempts will be made to assign the same equipment to employees each day.