is this considered harasement?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How likely is it that I won't make it after the probation period? I'm trying my best and everything is going great including the safety aspects of the job. My only problem is i'm finishing late and that is because my route keeps changing. The other day I was given a new part of town and I had to use my GPS on almost every stop because I knew nothing about the area. I come back to the office and I can get chewed out in front of everybody. It was so humilating. Meanwhile, other guys are coming back late and nothing happens to them. I just don't get it. Futhermore, I am serious when i say this guy is calling me non stop all day long telling me I need to go faster, go faster, you're moving to slow, i'm going to get someone else in here to do this job. Havinv to pick up the phone every time he calls is also slowing me down. He is literally calling me to yell at me and tell me how bad I suck at my job all day long. Imagine having someone in your ear all day telling you that you suck, you suck, you're slow, your not organized and that your going to be replaced. Meanwhile, I am stuck in a brand new area with my GPS on trying to figure out where a certain house, rushing, tripping over myself. It is beyond frustrating. I will be fine if I could just master one route at a time. I really think he is just taking pleasure in all of this right now.

ups is isn’t for everyone

Gotta know when to fold’em

bjghtiiiii

Yes its harrassment. Theres supervisors that target certain people and they do it without mercy.

If you're qualifying they cant switch up your route when ever they want. That's in fact a grievance.

After you qualify you ignore that guys :censored2: and continue to do your job. They will eventually leave you alone.

I had a sup that always and I mean always bothered me. Told me he could walk me out for not running scratch, for parking in the wrong area, for not backing 1st.. you name it. This clown was a racist piece of :censored2:. He would always have me help and send on blind routes.

He even told other drivers to give me their worst stops when I helped. I played his game and now hes somewhere else.

I never said anything.. I kept my cool. He was just waiting for me to explode. He wanted me gone.

thanks, it is getting to the point where I can't even concentrate anymore. I'm afraid to approach HR because I could risk getting myself into deeper trouble.

RolloTony Brown Town

If you haven’t made seniority and your supervisor is telling you that you’re sucking then you’re sucking.

It doesn’t mean he isn’t a dick. It doesn’t mean you won’t do better in time.

If you’re trying to make seniority I suggest you start hustling. Once you’ve made it then you can go back to normal speed and stop answering your phone.

MrFeeder

I started about a month ago as a driver and I've been on the road for about 3 weeks. Everything is great except i'm having trouble getting back on time because my supervisor keeps changing my route and giving me areas with which i'm not familar. I'm fine with the challenge; however, this guy is literally on my ass all day long. He calls me out in front of everyone, insults me to my face, tells me i'm too slow, calls me names, threatens me. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm absolutely miserable and depressed all day long. He literally calls me 10 times a day while I am on my route. I just want to emphasize that I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE COMING BACK LATE. 10 year veterans are coming back late with me. I am the only one getting chewed out by this one supervisor. Other managers say i'm doing a good job. My number 1 priority is safety and making sure all packages are delivered accurately. I know the speed will come once I master the area, but I feel like he is just being overly critical with me right now. I dont know what to do. I am not quitting. I am just confused and not sure what to do right now.
If they gauge you and think they can punk on you, they will. Fire back at them but without getting out of line. Don’t be a punk. They aint :censored2:.

ACmoses

i'm really trying because I want to make a career at this place
Never base your worth on a supervisors praise. They are extremely pathetic because they cannot/will not do the job. Those who can't supervise, those who can, do the work. Get your 30 days in and keep working diligently as a driver. Strive to do the best you can with what is dealt to you on any given day.

ManInBrown

I started about a month ago as a driver and I've been on the road for about 3 weeks. Everything is great except i'm having trouble getting back on time because my supervisor keeps changing my route and giving me areas with which i'm not familar. I'm fine with the challenge; however, this guy is literally on my ass all day long. He calls me out in front of everyone, insults me to my face, tells me i'm too slow, calls me names, threatens me. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm absolutely miserable and depressed all day long. He literally calls me 10 times a day while I am on my route. I just want to emphasize that I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE COMING BACK LATE. 10 year veterans are coming back late with me. I am the only one getting chewed out by this one supervisor. Other managers say i'm doing a good job. My number 1 priority is safety and making sure all packages are delivered accurately. I know the speed will come once I master the area, but I feel like he is just being overly critical with me right now. I dont know what to do. I am not quitting. I am just confused and not sure what to do right now.
If you are a casual, suck it up. You’re nothing more than a body. This place isnt for the weak. You can be let go at any time. If you are a PT to FT just get thru your 30 days and let Stewie know of this issue so if they DQ you this nonsense is on record. If you make it, on day 31 block his phone number and bring in at 11pm.

bjghtiiiii

200 packages? :yawn2:

I dunno how you'll manage bro

Is 200 packages a day normal for a new person or is that too much? I don't know because I don't talk to anyone at the place. I just go in, do my job, do it safely and accurately, come back, get yelled at because i'm too slow, repeat... On top of that, my route keeps changing. Basically, I was given a route, I pretty much had it down, but now on a weekly basis, it changes constantly. Its all in the same town, but the town is huge. Is having your route changed constantly as a new person normal?

bjghtiiiii

[QUOTE="ACmoses, post: 4186524, member: 73770"
]Never base your worth on a supervisors praise. They are extremely pathetic because they cannot/will not do the job. Those who can't supervise, those who can, do the work. Get your 30 days in and keep working diligently as a driver. Strive to do the best you can with what is dealt to you on any given day.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I am trying. My number 1 priority when i'm out there is safety. I'm going as fast as I can, but trying to keep safety has my #1 priority. I know that if I start rushing and running around, i'll get into an accident. He literally told me I need to be sprinting with these packages if I can carry them. Never in my life have I ever seen a UPS driving sprinting or doing any kind of running with a package.

the other day, he got right in my face in front of everyone claiming I don't want this hard enough and i'm no built for this.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Is 200 packages a day normal for a new person or is that too much? I don't know because I don't talk to anyone at the place. I just go in, do my job, do it safely and accurately, come back, get yelled at because i'm too slow, repeat... On top of that, my route keeps changing. Basically, I was given a route, I pretty much had it down, but now on a weekly basis, it changes constantly. Its all in the same town, but the town is huge. Is having your route changed constantly as a new person normal?
200 hundred pieces is nothing, unless you’re on a country route.

OKLABob

When you can join the union do it. I believe it’s after 30 days. Union doesn’t recognize over and under allowed.

Observer

Read The Toyota Management System book - also watch some Amazon worker videos. This harassment problem is in SEVERAL large companies. You can tell when they don't think you're working fast enough they don't care about safety. Remember all the really nasy bullies at school? Guess what a lot of them work here. I really think they get some kind of bully bonus as so much is uncalled for. Don't give up. Also-just text back on your phone - at a stop-don't ANSWER every call. He does pay for your personal phone - he's like a needy girlfriend - he'll push the wrong button someday of someone and he will get in trouble. IT's SAD - but the company and union knows this stuff is going on. That is why there is harassment language in the master. You'll do fine-yes, it's hard - but they Eventually choose another victim.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Best thing to do is ignore him or give him one-word answers to any question.. drives them nuts & will eventually leave u alone & harass someone else.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Best thing to do is ignore him or give him one-word answers to any question.. drives them nuts & will eventually leave u alone & harass someone else.
He's unqualified and I think that he is apprehensive about saying anything. He mentioned that he does not speak to anyone in his building. Maybe that's whats pissing the sup off...

@bob75633 maybe try befriending some of your colleagues and see if they can help you figure this out.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
200 packages

200 packages? Once you hit 350-400 a day everyday then you can complain. I had a supervisor from Rhode island when I started and man that guy talked :censored2: to me non stop about how I was the worst driver ever and he would replace me etc. Hated him until I realized he was just motivating the hell out of me. I respected the heck out of that guy and wish he'd never left the company. Go out and run your route on weekends. Ask for a manifest from everyday that you worked and go drive it. It's a waste of gas but once you have area knowledge down to a t you will be surprised as how much faster you start going without even trying.