is this considered harasement?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
200 packages? Once you hit 350-400 a day everyday then you can complain. I had a supervisor from Rhode island when I started and man that guy talked :censored2: to me non stop about how I was the worst driver ever and he would replace me etc. Hated him until I realized he was just motivating the hell out of me. I respected the heck out of that guy and wish he'd never left the company. Go out and run your route on weekends. Ask for a manifest from everyday that you worked and go drive it. It's a waste of gas but once you have area knowledge down to a t you will be surprised as how much faster you start going without even trying.
i did this when i was a relief driver in feeder . got all the planed runs for in the city of Reno and ran to most of the addresses on a sunday to learn the routes. I learned the best way to get to the businesses loading docks etc. My spouse and i took a couple Sundays to do this driving in the car. it was a matter of pride for me to do the best job i could.

it really helped and made a difference.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
He's unqualified and I think that he is apprehensive about saying anything. He mentioned that he does not speak to anyone in his building. Maybe that's whats pissing the sup off...

@bob75633 maybe try befriending some of your colleagues and see if they can help you figure this out.

Agree. Go in and find the bid drive Ron your training route and talk to him or anybody you feel comfortable around. Make sure not to talk bad about supervisor because you never know who's a rat but put yourself out there and you will find a lot of us are helpful.

bjghtiiiii

i did this when i was a relief driver in feeder . got all the planed runs for in the city of Reno and ran to most of the addresses on a sunday to learn the routes. I learned the best way to get to the businesses loading docks etc. My spouse and i took a couple Sundays to do this driving in the car. it was a matter of pride for me to do the best job i could.

it really helped and made a difference.

i agree, i've been spending all weekend learning different parts of town

D

Deleted member 77202

I started about a month ago as a driver and I've been on the road for about 3 weeks. Everything is great except i'm having trouble getting back on time because my supervisor keeps changing my route and giving me areas with which i'm not familar. I'm fine with the challenge; however, this guy is literally on my ass all day long. He calls me out in front of everyone, insults me to my face, tells me i'm too slow, calls me names, threatens me. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm absolutely miserable and depressed all day long. He literally calls me 10 times a day while I am on my route. I just want to emphasize that I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE COMING BACK LATE. 10 year veterans are coming back late with me. I am the only one getting chewed out by this one supervisor. Other managers say i'm doing a good job. My number 1 priority is safety and making sure all packages are delivered accurately. I know the speed will come once I master the area, but I feel like he is just being overly critical with me right now. I dont know what to do. I am not quitting. I am just confused and not sure what to do right now.

Are supervisors/managers/bosses, etc. (or whatever important-sounding-but-means-nothing-title they refer to themselves as) so stupid that they just don't get the most basic rule of overseeing other people:.
Yelling, screaming, and hollering at employees accomplishes absolutely nothing!!!!
All it does is make workers zone out, do the opposite just for spite, sabotage things, and become a slacker who despises the company, which is detrimental to everyone and everything about the job !

Yes, it is harassment. Document every word they say to you and every detail of what was going on at that time and give it to your Union representative.

Hobizzle

1. Turn off phone or don't answer
2. Respond with "Got it. I'll try harder"
3. Understand this is a toxic place to work and if you aren't the type of person that's able to let :censored2: roll off you easily, you should find something else to do.