Is this just my location?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
They do not give two craps about misloads it seems in my building, every truck is chock full of them and the only message I ever see is deliver them, big arrow down, Message accepted revised ETA 2200

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The more corporate pushes the issue of writing sequence numbers (THAT ARE ALEADY ON THE PALs!) on the boxes the more misloads sky rocket. Not to mention load quality. This company wants to fail. That is the only logical explanation for their decisions.
Apparently now in my building..it's circle the PAL sticker AND write the HIN # on every package.

Overpaid Union Thug

Apparently now in my building..it's circle the PAL sticker AND write the HIN # on every package.
They do that here too. I try not to look at my preloader in the morning before work because seeing him struggle to write all of that gibberish lets me know immediately that I will have a crappy load every day. Only when they are permitted to only look at the PAL and verify it matches the address label do I have a decent load. They aren't aloud to move the labels on days they are forced to write the numbers. The loads are such a cluster **** on those days.

snarts

My center seems to be really lenient when it comes to misloads. If you get under 5 in a day that is good enough for them. There are weeks where they'll give you a $5 ticket to spend in the cafe everyday you get 0 misloads.

watdaflock?

he more corporate pushes the issue of writing sequence numbers (THAT ARE ALEADY ON THE PALs!) on the boxes the more misloads sky rocket. Not to mention load quality.
I politely disagree. Depending on the shape of the box and where the PAL label was placed, writing the #s helps you double check for misloads. Obviously it's easier to load in the right order and then for drivers to locate packages if can easily see the PAL #.

Overpaid Union Thug

I politely disagree. Depending on the shape of the box and where the PAL label was placed, writing the #s helps you double check for misloads. Obviously it's easier to load in the right order and then for drivers to locate packages if can easily see the PAL #.
Writing numbers is a waste of time and money (for crayons/Sharpies). A preloader comparing the address on the PAL against the shipping label address is far more affective at reducing misloads than forcing them to scribble numbers that many of us can't even read. Add the fact that we often end up with multiple address with the same sequence numbers and we end up with a nightmare of a load and more misloads to boot.

Plus, preloaders, per the methods, are supposed to face labels for selection. Until corporate got on this scribbling numbers kick we could walk into the truck and just about every box would have a PAL (WHICH INCLUDES THE ADDRESS) faced for selection. Those that didn't typically had the shipping label faced for selection. Now I often have to do a six sided check on a box just to find out if its the one I'm looking for. Not cool! Especially in the summer time. Particularly when the preloader writes the wrong numbers on the boxes.

Scribbling numbers is a counter productive waste of time. Common sense should prevail.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
THE VAST MAJORITY of DRIVERS DO NOT READ PAL #s TO LOCATE PACKAGES. They read the shipping labels.

Overpaid Union Thug

THE VAST MAJORITY of DRIVERS DO NOT READ PAL #s TO LOCATE PACKAGES. They read the shipping labels.
I actually use them some when the pals are actually faced for selection. But that is rare nowadays. I can actually read the printed numbers. I use them as a guide and will use the addresses whenever there are multiple address with the same sequence number. Lately I'll take the time to face PALs (peeling them to do so if need be) so that I don't have to deal with the chicken scratch and/or dyslexia sequence numbers that are written. In my center misloads go down and load quality goes up whenever our center manager or preload supervisors have the balls to let the preload do things right. Misloads skyrocket and load quality plummets when they go back to the chicken scratch method.

watdaflock?

A preloader comparing the address on the PAL against the shipping label address is far more affective at reducing misloads than forcing them to scribble numbers that many of us can't even read.

effective

Comparing PAL to shipping label is called an out of sync. Misloads is putting a package on the wrong PC.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
If misloads were just misloads within the truck, my whole truck would be a misload. Misloads are packages belonging to another truck in your truck, or packages that are out of sync (spa person puts wrong pal on package) placed in your truck by a preloader who is not doing their job by verifying pal with address label.