Is this normal?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
And your job gives you so much exercise...
He's buffed!
fattacoguy-373x210.jpg

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hi all. I just started the pre-load shift last week and today was my third day. I was so overwhelmed with how fast boxes were coming in. I suppose I will get better at that with time as far as where to put them in the trucks etc. What concerns me is just how exhausted I feel from this job after only a 4 hour shift. Did you experience this? I am told it takes a couple weeks before your body is used to it. What has your experience been? Thanks.
@Gumby / leon

GenericUsername

You do indeed get used to it. Dress for the job you're doing (if you haven't figured that out yet already.) If it's hot, wear shorts. Not jean shorts either. Bring a small cooler with some waters and stay away from soda/coffee that early in the morning. Make some toast and eat it in the car for the ride in and bring along a snack.

Work ahead of your spot. If you're loading 110-112, make sure you're at the back side of 109 as much as possible keeping a good eye on the flow. Make a mark on a box with your marker/crayon to be a placeholder for yourself. If your building is using scanners, scan everything as it comes down and put it in the proper car. ALWAYS load your 5k-8k shelves. If you're starting to get hit pretty hard, leave the 1k-4k sections on the floor and put them up on the shelves when you have a slow moment or two. This will reduce you stacking out and having to deal with the sup's BS. If you have to stack out, then oh well.

Also, talk to your drivers. If they're on an all resi route, then you'll obviously load as much as you can in sequence. If you're loading a car that does 80+ businesses, make sure the 1k-4k are always in sequence while the 5k-8k are crammed in towards the back of the car on the shelf, giving more room to the first four sections. If you have bulk stops (they provide a paper for you to look at to see this), look into using the floor areas to group it all together.

Make sure to have some music to listen to once you get the hang of things, otherwise the job is hell. Make sure to get some rest the night before and not stay up until 11 PM and have some down time after work if possible. Stay hydrated..and good luck.

IESucks

Hi all. I just started the pre-load shift last week and today was my third day. I was so overwhelmed with how fast boxes were coming in. I suppose I will get better at that with time as far as where to put them in the trucks etc. What concerns me is just how exhausted I feel from this job after only a 4 hour shift. Did you experience this? I am told it takes a couple weeks before your body is used to it. What has your experience been? Thanks.
Mass caos and hell everyday. It never gets better