Is this normal?

Hi all. I just started the pre-load shift last week and today was my third day. I was so overwhelmed with how fast boxes were coming in. I suppose I will get better at that with time as far as where to put them in the trucks etc. What concerns me is just how exhausted I feel from this job after only a 4 hour shift. Did you experience this? I am told it takes a couple weeks before your body is used to it. What has your experience been? Thanks.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi all. I just started the pre-load shift last week and today was my third day. I was so overwhelmed with how fast boxes were coming in. I suppose I will get better at that with time as far as where to put them in the trucks etc. What concerns me is just how exhausted I feel from this job after only a 4 hour shift. Did you experience this? I am told it takes a couple weeks before your body is used to it. What has your experience been? Thanks.

You’re not trying to preload sober are you? That could be the problem

AlliSeeisBrown

Some of the drivers will leave a bottle with a clear-yellow liquid in their truck. This is what managers give them that make them perform so strongly on the road. Take a sip and you'll be surprised at how fast you'll go.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
It's completely normal. Whether or not you get used to it is still yet to be determined. During my last few years working alongside the preload, I saw many overwhelmed new hires need to "use the restroom," only to see them sneak to their car, and vanish into the abyss. Cue AC/DC's Jailbreak...

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Physically you will feel better, but mentally you will always feel like complete dogshart. Some days are worse than others, since the flavor of the %time% can lead to crazy dispatches. Making compromises to fit 20 tons of ovah 70s into a 2 ton bag is probably the worst feeling, sometimes the only thing you can do is think how much on-road time you are adding for each extra piece that does not fit and ends up on the floor.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

It's called exercise. Living in your parents basement playing video games is different than this

ok dude I have done manual labor before and I support myself and my fiance. I did landscaping 60 hours a week for over a year. sorry you hate your life so much to feel the need to drop brown turds on strangers online. what can brown do for you?

old levi's

blank space
ok dude I have done manual labor before and I support myself and my fiance. I did landscaping 60 hours a week for over a year. sorry you hate your life so much to feel the need to drop brown turds on strangers online. what can brown do for you?

Who was this directed toward? Trying to follow the story line...

Turdferguson

Just a turd
WhoppingWhiteGrackle-max-1mb (1).gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Well, this ship is going down fast!
tiangong-1-chinese-space-station-691880.jpg