Is this normal?

542thruNthru

No, simpleton .. I’m a “brother” just like you .
giphy-186.gif

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
No, simpleton .. I’m a “brother” just like you .
Do you care about your knees and joints??? If so, you will not put weight on your knees when exiting the vehicle. The only way to get 275 done before 4:30 is to fly out of the truck at every single stop completely ignoring the methods. Which creates incorrect repetitive motion injuries and also enables management to put more stops on both the driver, and any future drivers on that route.
This job is a giant game...gotta learn to play it the correct way. Shoot, I don’t knock anybody for going that fast; there are times when I know for a fact that when I finish my route I am done for the day and sometimes when that happens and you get a cake tight resi dispatch, it’s fun to challenge yourself to see how fast you can get it done safely...
But for the most part, you gotta find a way to just stay SMOOTH, nothing more, nothing less

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Don't be so quick to judge.
We make a good buck and we should have to work hard to earn it but there is no reason to have to piss on a bottle or skip your lunch, we are human beings
It’s fine. He will be up :censored2: creek when that bottle cap gets lost under all those packages and he’s standing there with his dick in his hand and an overflowed bottle about to tip over.

UPSER1987

Why are some guys so proud and even condescending, about being fast? Had this one 22.4 come up to my PC during my break at the air relay. Told me he wishes he could do the route I was covering, so he could :censored2: around all day and finish quick. He couldn’t believe I still had 20 stops left. Well one, I don’t wanna see an extra 25 stops tomorrow, and two I don’t wanna burn the route owner.

Maybe there aren’t as fast as they are smart. Maybe guys get jealous of that. Or maybe they underperform because they are weak minded and really care what other turds think of them.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Dude has good work ethic ! Am I the only one impressed with his numbers ? Funny how this is like the only job that your “teammates /brothers “ harass your for doing a damn good job . Blows my mind !
A good job is doing the job the right way. Providing excellent SERVICE. Good customer relations, good DRs, legal park jobs, good driving etc... Not running accross peoples lawns, skipping lunch, being a :censored2: to people cuz youre in a rush, bad DRs, speeding, etc...

Nothing wrong with working hard. Trust me, i know all about working hard, but do the job the right way. Otherwise youre no better than the fedex(ground) and amazon clowns. And you make your "brothers" look that way too

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
A good job is doing the job the right way. Providing excellent SERVICE. Good customer relations, good DRs, legal park jobs, good driving etc... Not running accross peoples lawns, skipping lunch, being a :censored2: to people cuz youre in a rush, bad DRs, speeding, etc...

Nothing wrong with working hard. Trust me, i know all about working hard, but do the job the right way. Otherwise youre no better than the fedex(ground) and amazon clowns. And you make your "brothers" look that way too
Good service exists when you have to cover a route and 99% of your commercial stops ask where the other driver is by name.

Grey

Never seen so many rolled packages and missed pickups in the span of a week. The offfice isn’t answering calls or responding to texts. Every man for themselves.

tenor.gif

Nah
Dude has good work ethic ! Am I the only one impressed with his numbers ? Funny how this is like the only job that your “teammates /brothers “ harass your for doing a damn good job . Blows my mind !

Some people are trying to make it to retirement with their bodies in-tact. Burning up every route you do is a surefire way to develop a permanent injury.

It also increases harassment from management when they ask why you can't do your route as fast as the guy who covered for you during your vacation.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Unions promote mediocrity.
Yes, because only union jobs have mediocre employees.

so you think killing yourself and your body for 30+ years is being a good employee?

you know first hand that pace leads to a time loss (worker’s comp) injury and or accidents. It’s only a matter of time.

or do you think pacing yourself and having an injury an accident free career is being a good employee?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Because once you’ve been here long enough, you will watch guys like that blow out their knees, backs, shoulders etc....

some will not be able to continue their career to collect retirement.

others will retire and live with constant pain and require surgery.

That pace is not good for you in the long run. You need to look out for you. This job is a marathon not a sprint.

good work ethic is showing up on time everyday, doing a good job and making it to the finish line in good health so you can enjoy the retirement you’ve earned.