Is Thursday, December 26 a day off?

Justaloader

They have us starting at 4 pm today (Twilight Loader, usually don't start till 6 pm during non-peak). Curious to how crazy it'll be when I get to the hub. Granted, I have the Amazon returns trailer, so I'm screwed pretty much every day from now until February.

PT Car Washer

They have us starting at 4 pm today (Twilight Loader, usually don't start till 6 pm during non-peak). Curious to how crazy it'll be when I get to the hub. Granted, I have the Amazon returns trailer, so I'm screwed pretty much every day from now until February.
I think our twi sort starts at 5:30 tonight. Normal start time. We were starting at 3:30 during Peak.

AwashBwashCwash

It was for me.
Seniority baby.
Can't believe those suckers who volunteered for this :censored2:.
Every day off from UPS is a wonderful blessing. You'll never catch me up there unless I absolutely have to be there.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It was for me.
Seniority baby.
Can't believe those suckers who volunteered for this :censored2:.
Every day off from UPS is a wonderful blessing. You'll never catch me up there unless I absolutely have to be there.
You sound like you’re miserable working here. You don’t have to be there, just quit. I came in and worked, and I’ll work this Sat as a volunteer at OT rate.

MattM

It was a cakewalk today.
Work the easy ones, take the hard days off..

Exactly. We could've had a skeleton crew and been okay today. Oddly enough, my boss hates giving unpaid days off. One day last year after everyone clocked in, he asks for 25 volunteers to leave. Most suckers wanted it off. It was an easy 5 hrs. I'm already there and the gas used up, I'm not leaving. But some are here only for benefits. So 3 hours a week is enough for some.

Exactly. We could've had a skeleton crew and been okay today. Oddly enough, my boss hates giving unpaid days off. One day last year after everyone clocked in, he asks for 25 volunteers to leave. Most suckers wanted it off. It was an easy 5 hrs. I'm already there and the gas used up, I'm not leaving. But some are here only for benefits. So 3 hours a week is enough for some.
8 hours only here

AwashBwashCwash

You sound like you’re miserable working here. You don’t have to be there, just quit. I came in and worked, and I’ll work this Sat as a volunteer at OT rate.

Everyone is miserable working there. Every morning on preload the atmosphere is like a funeral. Working preload at UPS is like being paid to experience the 5 stages of grief every morning.